The worst kia dealer in dominican republic.

Feb 7, 2007
My customer was telling me a story yesterday... someone he knew bought a new car at Amable Motors in Higuey. They sold the car with 3 years /100,000 km warranty. Standard deal, you would say. Well, about 6 months later, a water pump broke down. The person took the car to the dealer... the warranty was like this: the customer had to buy the part at his own cost and the service technician gracefully installed the part at "no cost" (pun intended)! This is "redefining" customer service in the DR ...

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
I guess you folks don't keep up with the latest news when it comes to quality and durability...

Consumer Reports: Kia Sedan Tops Honda Accord - Yahoo! Autos

And anastasios, don't feel bad, Folks that buy brand new 125K dollar Toyota Land Cruisers get the same treatment.

malarkey. ask the guy who wants to sell his Accord and the dude who owns the respective KIA. Accord get more on resale than Kia could ever dream. You d probably need like 4 Kias to equal the resale on 1 used Accord.

Quality and durability only apply to the 10 year/100000 mile warranty. They guarantee everything and any possible thing that could fail with the car. Doesnt sound like the marque of quality to me.

canadaborn

May 7, 2011
For a long time I have been annoyed by how long it takes my dominican wife to look at anything she is thinking of buying even the smallest item. I am more used to it now that I know how things work here. That's the way it is here, once you accept it, it's yours and the seller has no more to do with it. I have no afiliation with 8A motors here in santiago but I am negotiating to buy a new truck. They have their own private financing at a better rate than the banks and also the banks do not keep the same rate for the duration of the loan. The reason for financing is to try to get a little bit of leverage when something goes wrong with the vehicle, not sure how this is going to work but better than nothing. Watch out for all kinds of tricks. The salesman at one place had a calculator that figured the exchange rate out at about 10% more than the figures he punched into the calculator. Everything here is a trick so be aware, it is up to the buyer to get a fair deal.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
canadaborn reminds

Everything here is a trick so be aware, it is up to the buyer to get a fair deal.

sagacity at its best.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
How many of the road tests where KIA scored so well took place on Dominican roads? This county is hell on cars not to mention the treatment they "usually" receive if they are owned by a Dominican. That is no oil changes, no preventive maintanence. Reminds me of that line from "Tobacco Road" when the headlight falls off - "it dont hurt the runnin of it one bit" and tosses it away. Be honest - we all know Toyota rules here.

Felipe Juarez

Jun 2, 2011
The Kia Sorento is a great SUV you bought, only with 5 years warranty or 100,000 kms.

You dont Understand the Dominican market in all car dealers do not sales the vehicle to have to purchase rugs. Please enjoy your SUV service is excellent Viamar Group are serious people, professionals with over 45 years in business

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Felipe Juarez protests

You dont Understand the Dominican market in all car dealers do not sales the vehicle to have to purchase rugs. Please enjoy your SUV service is excellent Viamar Group are serious people, professionals with over 45 years in business

what position in the ownership and management do you hold? i see where this is your solitary posting. how convenient. well, it appears that , to the victims, Viamar sucks. to those dishing out the misery, maybe it is great.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Take it or leave it

A gringo customer who is not "connected" is normally treated like sh...t.
You either take a general, a drug boss or some government jester (well, might be the same person, though) with you when you buy a car.
Dealers do not like to do cash sales. They rather repossess the car as the customer loses all his payments and they sell the car once more... :bunny:
Bought an Isuzu pickup once, car delivered had different colour. Take it or leave it? :tired:

donP

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
as time passes, those who do not know that the concept of customer service is non existent in the DR, most certainly will. the zeitgeist is based upon the concept of the ?one time beat?.countries which try to stress the idea of treating the customer right do so because they want repeat business. Dominicans prefer to shortchange every customer once, then move on. the colmado owner will beat you out of 5 pesos, rather than do the right thing, and keep you a lifelong, satisfied customer. nobody thinks beyond today. if they can get a peso off you today, they will forego ten tomorrow. it is no surprise that the DR tourist industry has the lowest return visitor rate in the region. take the money, give you a crappy product. it is just the thinking, folks, and neither you ,nor i , will change it.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I Think That VIAMAR SUCKS TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought 12 Motorcraft deep cycle batteries there."Supposedly with a 2 year warranty.After a few months,one battery terminal,"Fell Off". I took it back.They said I must have had an accident.I asked,"What do you mean?"
In your car! "What The Phuck?"
I had to tell them is was an Invertor battery!
Long story short,no refund,no replacement,it was,"My Fault"!!!
The other 11 batteries were great!
Now they are dead.I want to buy 12 more.But NEVER will I buy from Viamar again!!
They "SUCK"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anastasios

Jun 1, 2011
Well, i want to share with you that ALL of the above leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.... as at matter of fact made me change my mind on buyng an apartment +- ($200k) and retiring in DR...spending my lifetime savings in this country that i like so much !
I do not know who is loosing the most from this deal! I am sure the country's economy could use my modest funds!

I suspect that i am not the only one being "turn off" from this types of non regulated havoc. The government legislators have to be able to establish some type of order. I will guess that those big corporations in DR ruling the rooster and are given the permition to operate as they please by inventing their rules and regulations.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Also cross out all the other Latin contries while you are at it. San Diego sounds like a good fit for you. You could not make it in the DR. Very thin skinned, you would go nuts. It takes a certain sort of person to be happy in the DR. Unfortunately it sounds like its not you. Look at all the money, and misery we saved you!!!

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Peanuts

+- ($200k) and retiring in DR...spending my lifetime savings in this country ... I am sure the country's economy could use my modest funds!

Peanuts.
The country's white powder industry makes that per hour, 24/7.

donP

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
My customer was telling me a story yesterday... someone he knew bought a new car at Amable Motors in Higuey. They sold the car with 3 years /100,000 km warranty. Standard deal, you would say. Well, about 6 months later, a water pump broke down. The person took the car to the dealer... the warranty was like this: the customer had to buy the part at his own cost and the service technician gracefully installed the part at "no cost" (pun intended)! This is "redefining" customer service in the DR ...

why in the world would a water pump break down in six months on a brand new, modern car? VERY unlikely... something sounds fishy. today's cars are pretty bullet proof for for at least 5 years. very few have major part break downs (except for normal wear parts.. breaks, tires, etc.).

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
strangely enough I never got screwed big time by the locals here... I got screwed once royally by an expat here...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Why didn't you tell the delivery boy to,"Keep the change"????
VERY cheap!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Feb 7, 2007
why in the world would a water pump break down in six months on a brand new, modern car? VERY unlikely... something sounds fishy. today's cars are pretty bullet proof for for at least 5 years. very few have major part break downs (except for normal wear parts.. breaks, tires, etc.).

Another friend of mine, a taxi driver, had to replace evaporator on his new Isuzu D-max after one year. The cars are made in Colombia or around those geographic locations ... for that reason you get warranties...when $h!t happens you should be covered. water pump should not break down after 6 month of usage unless the part was faulty. I will break you a news: there ARE faulty parts. I bought a replacement wheel hub TIMKEN and it went south after 6 months, and I usually drive my car only about once a week to Santo Domingo. Bought an OEM-grade replacement lower control arm from RockAuto with lifetime warranty, it parted in two after 7 months (it just snapped) when I hit a pothole in Herrera on Av.Aguilar at 10 pm at night. Almost had an accident and I myself counted luck that night. My front wheel ended up at 90? position from what it should be. Had to use tow truck to get me from there. It took them 2 hours to get my car on the tow truck! RockAuto was emailed with replacement claim (supposedly lifetime warranty) and request to cover mechanics cost (towing was included in my insurance). They did not even reply back. So yes, even "new" and supposedly "quality" stuff breaks down before its age.

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
Some times the "check engine" light comes on in my SUV if I didn't screw the gas cap back on properly after fueling.