Things are NOT all that good as "some" say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
You missed the point once again my friend! Its not about positivity and arrogance, its about presenting only one side of the story therefore misleading the uninformed. I agree many go over board with the negativity but thats a seperate issue... Do you honestly believe if a newbie only read the DR post as interpreted by Pichardo- this would be the fair overall analysis?

This has got to be the under statement of the year, I suppose that "misleading the uninformed" has more to do with who's doing the misleading and what the information is, than what information is being presented and by whom.

I've personally noticed that many posters will misinform the public and when I've corrected them, I was immediately lambasted by just about everyone on the forum, claiming that "no one cares about the truth, and no one comes to a public forum looking for the truth".

Could you imagine that, trying to find the truth on an open forum? Under these circumstances who would have thunk this is possible on DR1? Well......I guess misinforming the public depends more on who's doing the informing.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
What are you talking about???? Go shine your watches!

My point is you try to sound so EDUCATED and I was doing you a favor by saying you went to school you have NO CHANCE IN HELL getting into. The thread had ZERO to do with the people in Colorado, but because you hate being Dominican you saw an opening to try and make Americans feel like you, NO CHANCE MY FREIND

Americans walk on CONCRETE!!!

Dominicans walk on SAND!!!

BTW My watches get sent out to be cleaned, just in case you hit the LOTO REAL and choose to buy you husband one, but I would not buy it in DR the BOOTLEG capital of the Americas from Ave. Duarte to Churchill all the same to me.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Attitude

PICHARDO DON'T LIKE POOR PEOPLE

..... which seems to be a typical Dominican attitude.
Once a Dominican has made it, he looks down on his fellow Dominicans*, thus called 'nariz larga' or 'come solo' by the latter.
The special type of these specimens (peloteros, bachateros, etc.) become big-mouthed and behave like the ones who were put in jail recently.... (5 of them).

*)
Exeptions:
Drug dealers, who give freely to their barrio people, for certain reasons.
Politicians (shortly) before elections.

donP

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
My point is you try to sound so EDUCATED and I was doing you a favor by saying you went to school you have NO CHANCE IN HELL getting into. The thread had ZERO to do with the people in Colorado, but because you hate being Dominican you saw an opening to try and make Americans feel like you, NO CHANCE MY FREIND

BTW My watches get sent out to be cleaned, just in case you hit the LOTO REAL and choose to buy you husband one, but I would not buy it in DR the BOOTLEG capital of the Americas from Ave. Duarte to Churchill all the same to me.

The paint on your fake watches must be doing some real damage to your brain!

Jan 9, 2004
For those that wonder why Pichardo never bothers responding to most of you I believe it appears to him most of you have an agenda against everything Dominican given that very few have anything positive to say. Therefore, what would be even the point in responding?

Furthermore, how would posters feel if there was a forum about their country and all the immigrants did was bash said country? If I as an American have gotten the third degree for criticizing things in my country how much the more would an immigrant be lambasted?

Pichardo in fact has shown a great deal more restraint defending his country than many of you have defending your own countries on this forum.

Chip:

Sorry to disappoint you...but...many of the other "agendas" here have to do with a little balance to Pichardo's photo arrays and his constant PR posts, and his responses that some of us view as being but a small part of the "real" DR. But, I actually think he enjoys his role here as head cheerleader.

There have been many of us in the recession thread who have pushed back when Pichardo has tried to tell us how we don't know how "biz" works in the DR....and that even though the malls are empty, that is not not how those store owners really make their money. Or that the DR is on a gold standard with its currency, or that IMF is the DR's banker because they give better terms, or that all the schools will have laptops and be wired for internet, or that the DR soon will not need Chavez' subsidized oil because soon those new biomass fuel plants will be ready and every car will run on ethanol made from sugarcane, or that the peso will soon be 25:1 against the dollar, or the DR has never defaulted on its debt, or......

Some great perspective has been given by the OP in his day to day business dealings here in the DR. Additionally, Shalena has added her two three or four centavos on the state of some of the hospitals. These are counter weights to the pie in the sky claims and photos Pichardo would like us all to believe.

Pictures of malls, johnny rockets, Wendy's etc., are but a small part of the DR and do not come close to supporting his dynamic economy theory. In fact, he may be acting unwittingly like many of those Dominicans returning home who toil all year for their one chance to impress everyone with how successful they have become in America. You know, the ones who arrive wearing borrowed jewelry with lots of photos of "their" new Lexus that belongs to someone else, spending money like they are rico....all to return to the US to slave away for another year to do it again. That is what Pichardo's photos remind me of. They are the facade to the real DR.

The real DR as many of us have pointed out, is a country taking on more and more debt without a plan. They have a borrow, spend and pretend mentality. Yes they have everything Pichardo's pictures point to, but below the surface they are playing a pretend game.....like oh so many of those returning Dominicans at Christmas.

That having been said, they have much to be proud of. Over the years, much of the borrowed money has gone into the right places to help move the economy forward. And that is no small task in a country that is considered one of the most corrupt in the world by Transparency International. The people have endured corrupt and complicit government officials from the political parties for decades now. Yet they hang on to a belief that one day it will get better. Hopefully, one day a real leader will emerge and be empowered by patria and not party......and then Pichardo can prove us all wrong.

Until that day, I and others will call them as we see them.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Oh he*l no.....Oye while everyone on here wants progress, positive, etc...the question has always been what are you giving back? When does some of this progress money trickle down? We can debate till the cows come home but when will some of this money find its way back into the country? Post all the positive you want but the real progress is made when building and funding schools, education, healthcare, are made a priority. Now any expat with a family or not, knows that. While "dirty money" is helping with the progress in Santo Domingo, etc..people are going hungry, kids needing to go to school, babies need milk, people need healthcare, etc..ok you get it. Yes it happens everywhere, BUT I LIVE HERE...So stop with all the crap and see it for what it is. Yes we live here by choice but we have every right to call it like it is, not some picture fantasy. I mean da*n people what part is so hard to get. Progress of a country means progress of its people not those selected few.

Last edited:

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Your neighbours live in a shack and use an outhouse because they are either uneducated and unmotivated to better their lives, or both. Why you should feel guilty about other people's misfortune?
Actually BOb I dont feel sorry for them i was just stating that they are poor but its not because they arent motivated, un educated yes but they work hard they never ask for anything I always see the father working hard the little boy is always helpful to clean up the yard or run errands for me and very trustworthy. Wow so every poor person is poor because they choose to be ??? Very cold !!!

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
The paint on your fake watches must be doing some real damage to your brain!

Okay why does my damaged brain have to keep sending money to your country and countrymen? Why does Chicago money have to help Santo Domingo? 12000RD here 15000RD there all the TIME. Last week I was in St Louis working and caught a Cardinals game and recieved a text from my wife saying she needed to borrow money( yeah like she ever paid me back). I stopped and looked around the sea of red and thought I bet I am the only FOOL in this entire stadium that have to send money repeatly to another country.

So the next time my wife ask for money I will tell her to go ask her SISTER Aguaita29 because Dominicans LOOK OUT for each other. Thanks A29 you just made things easier for me.

BTW She like to go to the salon every Friday so be READY!!!

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011

By the way, I'm one of the members here who has no agenda and tells it like it is. I don't have a problem with pointing what is going wrong with the country, but I also don't have a problem to point out when something that is said here is not accurate or exaggerated.

You, on the other hand, hate the Dominican Republic and all of your posts are overly negative about everything Dominican but still, YOU live here. You hate it when a Dominican person can tell you like it is because you have a condescending attitude towards Dominicans. You think you know it all but you don't.

I don't try to sound anything, this is the way I speak. On the other hand, let's not go there because from previous posts we both know you can barely spell in your own language.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
playa

With all due respect if you want to talk about "balance" DR1 has become anything but. Pichardo is on one end of the scale and then there are about 50 or more hard core DR1 "haters" on the side. When they are equal we can talk about "balance".

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Complaining about what is wrong with the Dominican government on an English speaking website and expecting change has got to be as idiotic as they come. If you want change promote the good in the DR so investors come. Construction and menial labor jobs are still jobs at the end of the day. Period.

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
Oh he** no.....Oye while everyone on here wants progress, positive, etc...the question has always been what are you giving back? When does some of this progress money trickle down? We can debate till the cows come home but when will some of this money find its way back into the country? Post all the positive you want but the real progess is made when building and funding schools, education, healthcare, are made a priority. Now any expat with a family or not, knows that. While "dirty money" is helping with the progress in Santo Domingo, etc..people are going hungry, kids needing to go to school, babies need milk, people need healthcare, etc..ok you get it. Yes it happens everywhere, BUT I LIVE HERE...So stop with all the crap and see it for what it is. Yes we live here by choice but we have every right to call it like it is, not some picture fantasy. I mean da*n people what part is so hard to get. Progress of a country means progress of its people not those selected few.

Then guess what "Keepcoming" I welcome you to become part of the solution by inviting you and all the other whining expats to stop living on borrowed time, i. e. over staying your visas. Become a legal resident and or citizen then help use oust the corrupt officials. Complaining will not work, help those of us who know things aren't as they should be by achieving the change everyone knows we need through voting with us.

Also keep in mind "Keepcoming" that no matter what the government does in a man's favor, if he's not willing to better himself then there's nothing that can be done for him, it's been proven that no amount of social program will uplift a man out of poverty.

Last edited:

keepcoming

May 25, 2011
Investors won't come as long as they know the deal will always be one sided..Getting paid here for work that has been done is always double the work. Why do you think so many are cautious when accepting a contract job. Idiotic you say, hmmm you would be surprised who reads these threads. Promote you say, well you can't promote a lie (well with enough money you can but then you have to back it up) Speaking Spanish, English, even Chinese for that matter doesn't make a difference when you are speaking about the people and giving back. False information is the same in any language.

Jan 9, 2004
Complaining about what is wrong with the Dominican government on an English speaking website and expecting change has got to be as idiotic as they come. If you want change promote the good in the DR so investors come. Construction and menial labor jobs are still jobs at the end of the day. Period.

I will plead guilty to all but expecting change. No matter what any of us say, in whatever language you choose, at the end of the day, change can only come from the Dominican people themselves.

As to promoting the good, nobody does it better than Pichardo. Investors invest after doing due diligence. Proper due diligence means weighing the risks against the rewards, the good versus the bad. And any body that tries to tell you that the streets are all paved with gold, ala Pichardo, is someone who needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

Sorry that I cannot drink the Pichardo koolaid, but I and others call them like we see them....not like we would like them to be.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Okay why does my damaged brain have to keep sending money to your country and countrymen? Why does Chicago money have to help Santo Domingo? 12000RD here 15000RD there all the TIME. Last week I was in St Louis working and caught a Cardinals game and recieved a text from my wife saying she needed to borrow money( yeah like she ever paid me back). I stopped and looked around the sea of red and thought I bet I am the only FOOL in this entire stadium that have to send money repeatly to another country.

So the next time my wife ask for money I will tell her to go ask her SISTER Aguaita29 because Dominicans LOOK OUT for each other. Thanks A29 you just made things easier for me.

BTW She like to go to the salon every Friday so be READY!!!

This has nothing to do with anything I have said. Just another one of your ramblings!

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
This has nothing to do with anything I have said. Just another one of your ramblings!

RAMBLING you aint seen nothing yet. Go ask a horse in the DR where would it rather be in DR, Texas or, Puerto Rico, then when that horse give you the answer you will NOW understand how MESS UP the DR really is.

BTW The horse I thought was one of the prettiest animals on the planet, until I saw would you guys call a horse.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Investors won't come as long as they know the deal will always be one sided..Getting paid here for work that has been done is always double the work. Why do you think so many are cautious when accepting a contract job. Idiotic you say, hmmm you would be surprised who reads these threads. Promote you say, well you can't promote a lie (well with enough money you can but then you have to back it up) Speaking Spanish, English, even Chinese for that matter doesn't make a difference when you are speaking about the people and giving back. False information is the same in any language.

It's apparent you know very little about the history of the DR. The DR has a long history of immigrants coming here and investing. this continues to the present day. You're misinformation is not helping anyone.

keepcoming

May 25, 2011
Taino808 got news..I am a legal citizen ok..no over staying my visa here. Been here way too long. So living on borrowed time, don't think so. Telling like it is by your accounts is whining? There is a BIG difference in telling like it is and whining. I put my "big girl panties" on a long time ago (don't anyone go there) but one thing I will not do is make something into gold that it is not.

keepcoming

May 25, 2011
Hmmm Chip the same investors who are building all those beautiful condos, malls. etc??? Talk to me about today, tommorow and the future. Not yesteryear. What is going to make it better tomorrow. And Chip you of all people should know this. You are studying to make construction a more honest, decent, profession, are you not? Oh and I am done, either you get it or you don't.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Big Ghetto Mouth....

Hmmmmmm, I like it!!

SHALENA
La Rabiosa Big Ghetto Mouth
LMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.