things i just can't seem to find any more.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Looks alot like wheat chex
Similar shape but very different taste.
Shreddies have a malty taste and are not excessively sweet. There is one cereal in the Full Circle 'health food' line sold in Nacional and Pola called wheat squares which is a little closer in taste as well as look.

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
A couple of years ago you could get Oxo Cubes (all flavours). Bisto and Cadbury's Drinking Chocoalkate at Omaha Gourmet here in Santiago. Sadly they shut up shop after moving twice but they just could not attract enough clients as the stuff was expensive but quality. French duck breasts, real Scottish Salmon. A European's dream come true.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Why is it that the "Brits", who have the worst food in the civilized world :cheeky::cheeky: , would spend good money to import it?????
Except for,"Hor:lick::lick::lick::lick::lick:s"
"YUM, YUM,YUM"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
4 me Bravo is by far #1 in the DR. I finaly roll out pie crust this stuff can be a life saver when u are short on time.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Ovaltine would be a great thing to find on a shelf. Another item that has disappeared... Tylenol. You can find acetaminophen, but all types of Tylenol are MIA.

Milo is even better than Ovaltine...however, if you can find it, it is like buying gold.

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
Why is it that the "Brits", who have the worst food in the civilized world :cheeky::cheeky: , would spend good money to import it?????
Except for,"Hor:lick::lick::lick::lick::lick:s"
"YUM, YUM,YUM"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

...and then every time i switch on the telly every other channel seems to be a cooking show with a british chef.

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
I import all the UK stuff via Amazon ie Horlicks, Cadbury's Drinking Chocolate and Bovril etc. I don't mind the cost as it's things I grew up with.

you can quite often buy bovril in pola.
the one in lope de vega, s.d. usually has it.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Damn Mikey! he hates everything anyways..

Mikey likes LIFE cereal. CHEX(there are several varieties) is what you make muddy buddies out of:

DSCF1281.JPG

Betty's Chex Muddy Buddies ("Puppy Chow") Recipe - YouTube

CHEX, Peanut Butter, Choc and Butter, then dredged in powdered sugar so they aren't sticky.

I made these for a summer camp. Kids love them, but they are a mess to make.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Ovaltine, Man! what memories..Just pick up some Quick with marshmallows, pop it in the microwave and enjoy!! or, have a crisp cold yohoo super sized!!

Milo is even better than Ovaltine...however, if you can find it, it is like buying gold.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
is there anything of a video nature that you have missed?

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

I guess "I missed Again!!!!!" hahahahahahaha

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PoTz3WgZm4c?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>