Timber. Denuding the trees across from Sosua Beach

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Me either. Sosua couldn't even remotely support a commercial plaza of that size.
Unless vendors from the beach moved their businesses there. Not a far reach.

Reactions: jd426

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I am still wondering how many FLOORS up they are going .
Was there ever and answer to this question ?
because IMO there is NO WAY they are doing all of that work and NOT going up at least like 4 floors , possibly much higher .for that spectacular Birds Eye VIEW of Sosua Bay , which Im sure these Jag off Investors will easily pay like $800K to a MIL for such a Condo...
Does anyone have the inside scoop yet ?
Be aware that it's known for builders in places like Santo Domingo to be approved for X floors and then they build one or two additional floors they weren't approved for.

The answer to your question is definitely coming in a few months. That is if the project doesn't stall, then the entire community will be stuck with an abandoned under construction site. In that case the concerned might win in the height department, but as ugly as finished buildings can be nothing is uglier than an unfinished construction site.

Reactions: jd426 and CristoRey

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Be aware that it's known for builders in places like Santo Domingo to be approved for X floors and then they build one or two additional floors they weren't approved for.

Especially when the first floor is for parking.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Commercial on the bottom, condos on the top.

I'll still be surprised if they build a tower on that side of 5. A lot of the residents will lose their perfect views when the towers get built on the beach side. But it could happen. People buy and don't think to ask about future views.

The people that bought at Hillside Condos on Alicia Beach will potentially get views blocked when the Waterfront/Perdome condos get built. They have great views now, but they may be looking at the back of a building in the future.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I'll still be surprised if they build a tower on that side of 5. A lot of the residents will lose their perfect views when the towers get built on the beach side. But it could happen. People buy and don't think to ask about future views.

The people that bought at Hillside Condos on Alicia Beach will potentially get views blocked when the Waterfront/Perdome condos get built. They have great views now, but they may be looking at the back of a building in the future.
I rented an apartment once where that happened.

I went from a beautiful view to a view 2 meters away of a guy sitting in his underwear watching TV all day and night and talking like he was in a disco.

• Wow
Reactions: CristoRey

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
All's fair in love and war...
And politics...
And real estate.
It hurts like Hell when you're on the receiving end but seems only fair when you are the initiator.
C'est la vie.

Reactions: AlaPlaya

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
I guess all the palms have been greased and permits granted. I went by on Friday and the construction equipment and trucks were at it again full speed. Dirt all over the road and bikes trying to avoid it as are the cars. Whatever its going to be they are literally moving a mountain to do it.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: CristoRey and cavok

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I guess all the palms have been greased and permits granted. I went by on Friday and the construction equipment and trucks were at it again full speed. Dirt all over the road and bikes trying to avoid it as are the cars. Whatever its going to be they are literally moving a mountain to do it.
Yes I'm sure Abinader's buddies through some cash at the right people

Reactions: CristoRey and Auryn

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
That's strange. Nothing at all happening yesterday. Maybe it was because the Pres. was in town.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
For several weeks there was one excavator parked there. Never moved. Friday there were 3 digging and loading trucks. Half way up they had built a road from the road going up to ceros and going all the way around the cut and down. they had a dirt ramp over the curb and sidewalk with dirt all over the road creating dust. Are you telling me they magically disappeared on Saturday.

• Wow
Reactions: CristoRey

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
That's strange. Nothing at all happening yesterday. Maybe it was because the Pres. was in town.
The prez thought a day trip to sosua sounded good, see what all the fuss is about, he took the helicopters, 2 big ones flew over me around 4pm. And back home in time for sena.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The prez thought a day trip to sosua sounded good, see what all the fuss is about, he took the helicopters, 2 big ones flew over me around 4pm. And back home in time for sena.
He probably thought it would be good to show up for the "first punch" regarding Sosua Beach Renovations. Just a guess.

So they are still working the hills? Interesting.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
For several weeks there was one excavator parked there. Never moved. Friday there were 3 digging and loading trucks. Half way up they had built a road from the road going up to ceros and going all the way around the cut and down. they had a dirt ramp over the curb and sidewalk with dirt all over the road creating dust. Are you telling me they magically disappeared on Saturday.
No, I'm telling you that there were three (I think) excavators parked there doing nothing on Saturday. No trucks. Today when I passed there were trucks and excavators working. As I said they probably stopped on Saturday because of the President's visit.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
So, it's been a month. What's the status?

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Karma, it's worth waiting for ;)
Apr 10, 2022
Here and there
So, it's been a month. What's the status?
Many of the posters normally giving updates are "unavailable for comment" at the moment ;)

Things take so much longer in Sosua/the DR to get completed that I wonder how long people think it's going to take to finish. Or what do people now think that it's going to be? We've had no definitive answers from anyone credible or actually in the know...

• Love
Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
IMG-20220806-WA0001.jpg