Time has come to get a house cat.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
how about a name... NEKO! (cat in japanese) :)

dominicans believe cat names should be short :) our current team is TUMI (grey fatso) and PICHI (blackish loca):

33k6cqp.jpg

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
How do you say cat in polish?
I didn't get to name my cat (Kiwi) since she belonged to a neighbor but one day decided to adopt me and wouldn't leave my house, so...

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Cute cats dv8...
I heard my son calling our's GO-YANG-EE which means cat and WOO-YOO which mean milk in Korean but I am going to have to come up better name for our cat like NABI which means Butterfly and it is most typical name for cat in Korea.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Jum, that wouldn't be a good name here in DR. "Vecino, ut? ha vito mi KOTE?"
I believe Kote is wrist/hand in Japanese... I learned that while I was practicing kendo....
I hope my wife comes up with something quick otherwise...
I am going to call our's Nabi.

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
how about a name... NEKO! (cat in japanese) :)

dominicans believe cat names should be short :) our current team is TUMI (grey fatso) and PICHI (blackish loca):

33k6cqp.jpg

The black and tan looks just like my wife's. She claims she drove a good way to get it because that type of cat is known to keep rats away.(or kill them,don't know). Never know it's around until i'm eating.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
The black and tan looks just like my wife's. She claims she drove a good way to get it because that type of cat is known to keep rats away.(or kill them,don't know). Never know it's around until i'm eating.

Fun fact: all cats with more than 2 colors are female. And females tend to be better hunters. So your wife is most likely right!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
black and tan kitty is my famous epileptic kitten. given a slim chance to survive she struggles on :)
and yes, this colour is most likely to be a female, nearly always, actually.

and nabi is a great name!

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
Nabi is great. "Tabi" seemed to some type of reference to cats in the US.
The teeth on my wife's cat seem very sharp and long, maybe its jaws open wider?; and therefore she gets a quick treat from me.
When I was stationed in Japan, all the GIs called me Nick. My Japanese friends said it meant cat, hence " Nekosan"!!!! Thanks for reminding me!!!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
japanese often add O at the end of foreign words. i heard interneto in anime hundreds of times. so nick would turn into nicko and that is just a step away from neko :)

and tabby in english is a grayish cat, like my fat one.

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
japanese often add O at the end of foreign words. i heard interneto in anime hundreds of times. so nick would turn into nicko and that is just a step away from neko :)

and we gringos and other Latinos talk about Dominicans for trying to reinvent a language with"mock" words.
It's the world over!! We all evolve. Ever wonder what Jefferson would think of an Obama speech??

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012

I have two cats,like you.I have one that's tricolor,white,brown and orangey-yellow and I named
her autumn.She weighed 18 lbs,she's a butterball.:) By recommendation of the vet I have her
on a diet and so far she's lost 2 lbs.;)

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
and we gringos and other Latinos talk about Dominicans for trying to reinvent a language with"mock" words.
It's the world over!! We all evolve. Ever wonder what Jefferson would think of an Obama speech??

I believe Japanese aren't trying to reinvent the new word. Their language system just can't say certain pronunciations. If you have time search youtube for some of the Japanese commercials involving american products or names. MacDonald's becomes Makudonarodo, Keanu (Reeves) becomes Kanoo, and cutlets becomes katsu and so on. Just like dv8 heard that little "O" at the end isn't trying to be cute or mock the original words. It could be awkward to just stop or they simply don't have that sound in their vocabulary.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i think this is something in the structure of japanese language. words in japanese almost never end in consonants.