Time To Move The Bars And Girls From Pedro Clisante

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
They've already announced they will build a "square" and relocate some of the vendors there. 60 meters from mean high tide is public property. They will never be able to keep Dominicans of the beach.
It will be priced out of range for most Dominicans from the area that currently visit. The harassment will intensify, the beach will be in the hands of investors lock stock and barrel. Theoretically not closed but essentially closed. Corps always win, poor people lose.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

Big

Apr 24, 2019
The new highway from Santiago, which only take one hour to get to Sosua, will be bringing many new wealthy Dominicans to Sosua on weekends. Many of them already own weekend homes here and will stay until monday morning and drive back for work. That's the long term plan. Nobody ever said that Sosua was going to be an American family tourist town. It is shifting into a more family oriented town and the price of real estate and lack of accomodations proves it.
Gotta take issue Sir. Wealthy Dominicans wouldn't be caught dead in Sosua. Real estate prices?? You can buy a condo in town for 40 thousand U S. and get a hotel room for 24 dollars a night. Live and let live!! Sosua is a red light town, love it or hate it.

Reactions: jd426

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
It will be priced out of range for most Dominicans from the area that currently visit. The harassment will intensify, the beach will be in the hands of investors lock stock and barrel. Theoretically not closed but essentially closed. Corps always win, poor people lose.
That won't stop the Dominicans. They'll just bring their coolers with their own food and booze like many of them are doing right now.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
That won't stop the Dominicans. They'll just bring their coolers with their own food and booze like many of them are doing right now.
We will see. I have seen this happen to other beaches though the Caribbean over the years. Maybe Sosua beach will beat the odds and still be friendly to regular people.

Mariahboater

SHIPWRECKED
Aug 7, 2020
Ontario
You guessed wrong and it has not been been like "that" forever. There are way, way more Dominicans coming here from Santiago than before the curfew.
I'm not guessing the beach is full on weekends with Dominicans! And anybody who knows area knows this simple fact your more then welcome to take a census of which part they are from..😆

Reactions: windeguy

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Gotta take issue Sir. Wealthy Dominicans wouldn't be caught dead in Sosua. Real estate prices?? You can buy a condo in town for 40 thousand U S. and get a hotel room for 24 dollars a night. Live and let live!! Sosua is a red light town, love it or hate it.
Well, Big, that gives us a good idea of the places you patronize. And it explains why you don't see wealthy Dominicans where you hang out. They wouldn't be caught dead in those flea bags

The places they are looking at, both condos and houses, start around US$150,000 and real estate people wish they had more properties to meet the demand.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Well, Big, that gives us a good idea of the places you patronize. And it explains why you don't see wealthy Dominicans where you hang out. They wouldn't be caught dead in those flea bags

The places they are looking at, both condos and houses, start around US$150,000 and real estate people wish they had more properties to meet the demand.
Well I see I struck a nerve. You have no idea where I frequent because you are trapped in Sosua, trying to sell it as an up scale destination. If you think 150,00 is "wealthy" you don't have a grasp of wealth management. I do visit Sosua and enjoy it for what it is, however most of the wealth is that of a bus driver from NY who works 3 extra shifts for overtime and blasts it on a long weekend. You show me a wealthy Dominican in Sosua proper and I will show you 152 forklift operators, bus drivers, truck drivers, NYPD and FD , correction officers ( all good guys). Wealthy Dominicans lol what a joke !

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Wealthy Dominicans, women without tattoos, college educated and successful Dominican professionals don't frequently (if ever) come to Sosua to wallow in the sand with the Santiago Reggaetón weekend bus-trippers eating their fried rice and chicken in the shade and throwing their food wrappers and Columbus Rum bottles and plastic cups on the beach, even though a trash can might be 15' away.
My guess is they bring there own beer too (most groups arrive with one or two large ice chests, and maybe the most they pay to Sosua Vendors is a couple of beach chairs.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Speaking to one actual restaurant owner on PC, he mentioned there are several "restaurants" on the Hit List. Some tried to open kitchens and put lipstick on a pig. Time will tell which ones they are. I think a short time. Progress is being made to relocate the whoremongers and their suppliers to the east end of PC.
Not that I have seen.
That much touted "Sports Bar" just past the Ahnvee brothel has not been open for business and how long has it just sat useless ?
Why build it if they won't come, or has the Ahnvee mafia paid to keep it closed

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I don't know what one would consider wealthy, but if you look at some of the cars and SUV's in the parking lot and parked along the highway, these people aren't barrio poor. They're at least "rich" by Dominican standards.

• Haha

Northern Coast Diver

Private Scuba Guide
Feb 23, 2020
Sosua
Not that I have seen.
That much touted "Sports Bar" just past the Ahnvee brothel has not been open for business and how long has it just sat useless ?
Why build it if they won't come, or has the Ahnvee mafia paid to keep it closed
I pass the new Sports Bar daily. It has been open for business for some 3 weeks now.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Well I see I struck a nerve. You have no idea where I frequent because you are trapped in Sosua, trying to sell it as an up scale destination. If you think 150,00 is "wealthy" you don't have a grasp of wealth management. I do visit Sosua and enjoy it for what it is, however most of the wealth is that of a bus driver from NY who works 3 extra shifts for overtime and blasts it on a long weekend. You show me a wealthy Dominican in Sosua proper and I will show you 152 forklift operators, bus drivers, truck drivers, NYPD and FD , correction officers ( all good guys). Wealthy Dominicans lol what a joke !
First, I accidentally clicked "like" instead of "reply"

It appears we are talking about two different things. To you, it seems that "Sosua" is just the central town, Sosua proper. To me it is the larger area, town and surrounding housing developments. They are where the big money is spent, more of which is spent if the occupants of those properties can enjoy their time in town without the street girls and those attracted by them present

Reactions: JaneInTheDR

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
There must also be a limit to these supposedly wealthy Dominicans. They also go to La Romana, Punta Cana, Samana and other places.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I'm not guessing the beach is full on weekends with Dominicans! And anybody who knows area knows this simple fact your more then welcome to take a census of which part they are from..😆
I already told you that you guessed wrong(?). I'll make it clearer for you. I've been to Sosua Beach many times. No need for a census. I'd bet that, especially on weekends, 2/3rds of those on the beach are Dominicans and Haitians.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
But it's use will be restricted. Mark my words...nary a Dominican. Once the bigs build...that will be it.

Not restricted, but I'm sure the new condo/hotel will enforce rules for the beach area. As in "no glass,.etc". That's good. right? Maybe a lifeguard. That's good. right? And I guarantee you they won't be dumping raw sewage into a shallow trench . That's progress in the right direction for a developing country.

Besides, I think the vendors had a pretty good run. The landowner was extremely gracious towards them, for many years. The vendors should be thanking that family, not getting ready to riot because the owner wants to use their own property

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Well you're wrong. The Baldom family has an ocean house in Playa Chiquita, Barcelo and President both have ties to house in Los Cerros and many other very rich dominicans come here every weekend.....lawyers, doctors, cigar factory owners and families from old money. The 40k condos that you speak of are old and dated and that's why they are still for sale. A nice 1 bedroom condo now starts at 85k. I won't argue with you because you seem to think to know everything when in fact you are very ignorant on most of the facts that you post.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Well you're wrong. The Baldom family has an ocean house in Playa Chiquita, Barcelo and President both have ties to house in Los Cerros and many other very rich dominicans come here every weekend.....lawyers, doctors, cigar factory owners and families from old money. The 40k condos that you speak of are old and dated and that's why they are still for sale. A nice 1 bedroom condo now starts at 85k. I won't argue with you because you seem to think to know everything when in fact you are very ignorant on most of the facts that you post.
If you think it is the norm that wealthy Dominicans frequent and vacation in and around Sosua you are clearly ill informed. Further if you think that ANY wealthy person is going to purchase an 85 thousand dollar condo in Sosua your perception of "wealthy" is very skewed. Most people that visit Sosua proper are hourly wage earners from the States, not surgeons from Santiago. Lol

Reactions: jd426 and aarhus

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
If you think it is the norm that wealthy Dominicans frequent and vacation in and around Sosua you are clearly ill informed. Further if you think that ANY wealthy person is going to purchase an 85 thousand dollar condo in Sosua your perception of "wealthy" is very skewed. Most people that visit Sosua proper are hourly wage earners from the States, not surgeons from Santiago. Lol
I don't understand why you keep coming back to Sosua proper. It's like setting up a straw man and knocking it down to prove a point that most on this board that live here are not debating.

The hourly wage earners go to teh hotels and cheaper apartments, primarily as renters. Those who come here to live part time and full time are for the most part going to the suburbs for homes or to the better condominiums in town as buyers. Two entirely different groups. You keep talking about the first, My interest is only in the 2nd

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Keeping many wealthy Dominicans away is its current reputation. You can't blame them for not want to be identified with the street girls and the men from Nueva York and else where who come chasing after. What is hoped is that over time this can be turned around and Sosua can be as popular as the other places mentioned that have not ruined their reputation

Reactions: AlaninDR