To stay. 60 or 90 days -?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
I would love to hear the excuse he gives when he tries to renew it. :laugh:

Mine was expired over the amount to renew. I had to take both the written as well as the driving test to get a new license. I was nervous about the driving test after years of driving in the DR plus my brother took me and if I ever failed it would have been on the six o'clock news.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
this makes sense to me....
and the fact that not all companies know this - or abide by it -- also makes sense

Proceed at your peril.....

In this country , the visitor / tourist needs to know the rules....
ask for a new policy or not.... your call.

Not easy when nobody has a rulebook !!

hahaha

I’ve been renting mainly from Budget in Playa Dorada for years. That office is closed and I do my pickups and drop offs at the airport now. I know the staff and I trust their advice. They couldn’t definitely answer my question about the validity of their third party liability insurance coverage for overstayers. They will renew your contract but the onus is on you to make sure you have legal coverage.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Mine was expired over the amount to renew. I had to take both the written as well as the driving test to get a new license. I was nervous about the driving test after years of driving in the DR plus my brother took me and if I ever failed it would have been on the six o'clock news.

It must depend on the 'over expiry'

my wife was expired --- mid-August renewing early October
No penalty - no nada.... Nagua renewal

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Where are DR1 police when you need them to shut the thread down.... round and round we go where this thread stops no one knows

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Wait a few weeks and we can throw the "China" tread in as a package deal.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Wait a few weeks and we can throw the "China" tread in as a package deal.

Or one could throw in the newest thread; Good things happening in Sosua , unless you are like some here that see the title is somewhat of an oxymoron:cheeky:

Status
Not open for further replies.