Todays exchange rate, 2003-July 2008...archive only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Great site Barnabe!!!!

It shows that the exchange rate has exactly "Doubled" in the last 12 months!!! All those "Financial Wizards" who tell us about the high interest rates they are recieving here in the DR,could have made 100% on every dollar they left in the USA,and brought down now to exchange,Like I did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

PS,35.5 to 1 here in Santo Domingo today!37 in the streets of "Los Mina"!!!!!!

The "Rate" has been starting lower on Mondays,and climbing till Friday afternoon.I was "changing when the rate topped 35 to 1,but now I will TRY to hold out for 36,or 37,to 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Re: Great site Barnabe!!!!

Criss Colon said:
It shows that the exchange rate has exactly "Doubled" in the last 12 months!!! All those "Financial Wizards" who tell us about the high interest rates they are recieving here in the DR,could have made 100% on every dollar they left in the USA,and brought down now to exchange,Like I did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

PS,35.5 to 1 here in Santo Domingo today!37 in the streets of "Los Mina"!!!!!!
Yo Bucko, before you get yourself all in a tither, please remember that some of us KEEP our monies in US$ and still get a decent rate of return.

Some like to think that they do better in Pesos but not all of US brudda.

So I don't get 36% but I do get 15% and happily:)

Scott

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
But then "YOU" are one of the "FEW" smart ones!!!

Who has a working relationship with what may be the only honest Dominican in the "Financero" business! Cris;)

And I Hope to see him in November at "Thanksgiving"!!!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Banco Central website

Hi Adrian,
I use that website all the time to monitor if I'm getting a fair exchange here in Sosua.
I have found that I can usually get a few points higher than the "agentes de cambio" column, under "efectivo"
Right now it shows 35.78 and we are getting 36.30 at the Eurobank near Eddy's.
Marco.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
36.80 at 1pm at Vimenca in Sosua today Thursday.

Thought about waiting to see what tomorrow brings, but then decided I might not like it as well as today's rate.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I am holding out for 37 to 1!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope it gets there tomorrow!!!

Won't this post seem funny next April when we are getting 50 to 1!!!At this rate my US Dollar pension is reaching the point in pesos, where I have no reason to keep working here!!!CC;):cool:

Last edited:

Lurch

Aug 8, 2003
You should STILL be waiting. No need to run to exchange this is only the continuation of the devaluation.

I'll be on the island tonight and know more by my return on Sunday.

principe

Nov 19, 2002
What the h......

Ok im a finance major, and i was born in dr unfortunately im unable to understand the reason why there is a myriad of rates for one commodity. What the (fill in blank) is going on. Ok the peso is losing value by the minute, but why is there not one solidified rate, instead of a range of rates. I tried asking my aunt who is an accountant and lives in SD but i wasnt satisfied with her explaination. Please elaborate.

Sincerely,

Dazed and confused in jersey

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Remember Supply and Demand?

principe said:
Ok im a finance major, and i was born in dr unfortunately im unable to understand the reason why there is a myriad of rates for one commodity. What the (fill in blank) is going on. Ok the peso is losing value by the minute, but why is there not one solidified rate, instead of a range of rates. I tried asking my aunt who is an accountant and lives in SD but i wasnt satisfied with her explaination. Please elaborate.

Sincerely,

Dazed and confused in jersey

Econ 101? Demand is for US$ so the supply of pesos will accommodate whoever wants the US$ more.

In addition, since you are talking retail and not interbank rates, try this experiment - go to a range of US banks, ask to buy euro or CDN$ cash or even money orders and see if you get EXACTLY the same offered rate from each one in NYC or LA, etc. You won't.

Why should it be different in the DR?

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Someone today mentioned

Someone mentioned that in December the "bills come due" refering to the government having to pay their bills - presumably the ones they actually do pay (loans, interest).

That would leave one to be even more confident in the rise of the dollar value and the continued depreciation of the peso.

More of a question I guess, to people who are closer to this and with more experience.

GirlieGirl

Jun 19, 2003
Very Excited...

I was very excited to get 37.5 yesterday at RUSA in PP. I am still not cashing in that much, I have never seen it leap so fast day by day. Even Cabarete is up to 34.5

GG

Status
Not open for further replies.