Todays exchange rate, 2003-July 2008...archive only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Friday AM Santo Domingo,37 to 1!!!!!!,and "falling"

For once,I hit it at the high point!(Almost!)Got 39.5 to 1 for $1000 on Wed.morning!It went down .5 on the way to the exchange house!

But don't dispare,it will hit 50 to 1 early next year

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCccris CCCCCCcolon

:bandit: :cool:

Bolt

Jun 12, 2002
www.wireless-alarms.com
Traders thoughts.

40 pesos was the predicted high on this occasion as it hit the 40 breifly earlier in the year so was bound to test this resistance again.

It will now go down a little more till it finds support before trying the 40 high again for a 3rd time. Statistically the country finds a flood of incoming dollars in December so the 35 to 40 range may hold for now BUT as the country is in such a mess, the influx of dollars may not be enough to offer any inpact this year on the Peso decline due the larger Xmas double wage bill and electric fuel payment problems. (amongst others).

Last year the peso slipped against the dollar till 11th December before enough dollars found there way in to the country which reduced the rate slightly. That gap though was made up by the 14th Janaury. On that basis I think 40 could be breached either in the first week in December or mid Janaury. Despite what Hippo says, he does not have the money left in the petty cash tin to artificially strengthen the Peso now and if he tries it will last perhaps a week.

If 40 is breached then I expect to see 44 very quickly after!

USD = RD$36.96 at time of writing.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Boca Chica Nov 11th

Buying dollars 37:1, it was 36:1 at BancoRes at the airport Saturday morning and has been 36.25 - 37 here for 3 days.

The huelga seems to be non existent though the army is guarding Burger King.

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
ATM Exchange Rate....

I take money from Banco Popular ATM machines as I need it....5000 pesos at a time. My bank is in the USA. Last week when the peso was doing 40 to 1 I made several withdrawals. I was surprised later to find that the money was exchanged to me at only 36 to 1. I check this in my account via the internet.

I do not understand how to correctly investigate this matter. I was wondering if anyone could lend me some insight into how these ATM exchanges work.

Thanks.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
Guys,

This thread is just to share the exchange rate each day.

If posting, please list:

- the exchange rate you got (we assume you are changing USD into pesos, please state clearly if otherwise)
- the amount you changed (if it was relevant to the rate)
- the city/location
- the time of day

If you feel the need to discuss topics related to this, please open up a new thread. It will help us here by keeping this thread more focused.

Yes, we all know you can post here if you want, but you will get far better responses on a separate thread since more people will see your question.

Adrian

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Back to 38.5 to 1 in Santo Domingo this AM

Took a 1 peso dip before breakfast,and now lets see.At 40 to 1, I change another 1000 US!

Time for some new "Trojans"!!(Batteries!)CC

Status
Not open for further replies.