Todays exchange rate, 2003-July 2008...archive only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Sorry if this isn't DIRECTLY on the exchange topic...

...but I think it was worth noticing.

I was at Seguros (whatever that means here) Popular on Friday emptying my dollar account and I was inclined to notice the MASSIVE withdrawals being taken. Both in dollars and pesos.

I'm talking about duffel bags of cash. One person (they were 3 or 4 armed buddies with him) took out - and I'm not exaggerating - bricks of 2k peso bills. They were a foot long and he had at least a dozen stacks, and more in 1k bills. He was at the counter for well over an hour.

In addition, the man before me cleaned the bank out of large US bills to the tune of 10's of thousands of dollars, perhaps more. I was left to get my w/d in 10's and 20's.

Not sure if this is related to the ongoing militaristic order of the pres. to move the exchange rate below 40 or if it was holiday related.

Just thought I'd share that and wondered if anyone could explain.

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
maybe they know something about your bank

It could possibly have more to do with the bank itself than either the season or the government's latest monetary ploy. Inform yourself then let us know.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
Guys,

Sorry, but you both failed the secret DR1 intelligence test. :)

This is an interesting topic; please take it to a new thread. This thread is just for daily exchange rates.

Adrian

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
Back to the (sole) topic of this thread:

Quoted 38.00 to 1 this afternoon (08 Dec 03) to obtain pesos for my dollars, Santo Domingo.

T

TiberiusMineola

PUERTO PLATA - 36.50

DR 36.50 = US $1.00; Hermanos Polanco, POP - on a check drawn on a US bank.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Re: How about a DR1 Casa de Cambio?

Camden Tom said:
If some of you expats are makeing your living is pesos and you want to convert to US$, why not exchange with us tourists. My wife and I make it down there quite often, we need to convert dollars. It would be to your benefit and it would be no skin off our nose. sjh, we will be in Cabarete from 12/26 to 1/2. e-mail me if you need dollars.

Wow!, I would not say this so loud at this stage of the game. Maybe you missed out on some news. But the current administration has its 'goons' out there for illegal currency exchange and other dealings.... :) Somebody, help Tom out and delete his post! Delete mine too as Adrianb wants this thread only for reporting of actual transactions...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.