Too much beans...?

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Not one person mentioned anything remotely resembling ..."how unfriendly and dishonest the Dominican people generally are." Not a mention !!! Not a word. !

Quote Originally Posted by vir "Tickets are about the same to thailand last I checked. Sweden is expensive sure, as ray said most of us travel to get away from our expensive country. And the DR has a way to let your money go fast. If they are not deadset on DR I'd look at another country, Thailand for example might be a clich? but atleast theres a lot more friendly and honest people there."

Sofia&Anders

Jun 28, 2014
Well, thanx guys! I've appreciated your help and fast replys. However, the funniest part has been watching how people seem to interpret other peoples comments in the worst possible way. Ha, ha! I guess it's being done with a friendly wink though ;-)

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
...can give you an upset stomach! Gosh, some people are negative! Introduced ourselves, got some good tips and a LOT of sour grapes about the expensiveness of the country, what a lousy idea it is to travel around in the DR with kids and how unfriendly and dishonest the Dominican people generally are. Fortunately we have greater confidence in this location and our capability to get by outside of western Europe. We're planning on having a blast in the DR, in spite of what some party poopers are saying. Be blessed!

Yes, unfortunately there are many on this forum that are not helpful and just here to rain on your parade. It isn't personal. For them it is a way of venting their frustration because of their poor, pathetic little lives.