Total Confusion abt Residents’ Right to Get Vaccinated

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
On another thread, can't remember which one(?), there were posters saying that they saw people with only passports getting shots at the firehouse neat the Malecon in Puerto Plata and also at a clinic in Cabrera.

alke

Apr 7, 2021
Dominican Republic
On another thread, can't remember which one(?), there were posters saying that they saw people with only passports getting shots at the firehouse neat the Malecon in Puerto Plata and also at a clinic in Cabrera.
Behind the firehall in Puerto Plata. This is correct. I was actually there and viewed people getting shots with passports only. Unfortunately I did not meet the age requirements at the time.

I just don't want to travel all the way from Punta Cana to Puerto Plata if I can avoid it, due to a bad back. Already did that ten days ago.

Cabrera is four hours away I believe. Anybody else with information on Cabrera?

Thanks for the information cavok.

Cheers

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Got my first shot. Am over 60. Have a cedula. Getting ready to travel, went to the public hospital in Jamao for the COVID test for the flight. It was free. Results in one hour or less. AND after just my first poke, showed that I had Antigens! Guess the vaccine really works!

P.S. Instead of the second dose of Sinovac, I have an appointment on Thursday in the state of Washington for the one jab Johnson & Johnson. Am worried that if and when there are vaccine passports, the US will refuse to recognize the Chinese vaccine. You know how the US is with China.
The USA (as in Joe Biden) has already stated there will be no vaccine passport. Antigen testing will probably be needed for the foreseeable future instead to enter the USA. Good luck with the flights and the J&J vaccine.

Reactions: LindseyKaufman

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I was one of those who personally saw a man with only his German passport get a vaccination in Puerto Plata.

Of course, this is the DR and every location could be different.

ejl293

May 29, 2012
I received both doses at the POP location. I am one of those dastardly illegals, had my passport. Good to go.

Reactions: Harleysrock

beekaynz

Aug 12, 2011
I am under 60, got my first shot in Sosua at the town hall about a month ago. I have permanent residency but used my passport as wanted passport number on certificate. Was scheduled to have second shot on 29th of April but too many people at town hall. Next day played golf, and went to Public health in POP afterwards, again just gave passport. In and out in 10 minutes included get certificate stamped. really quick.

Reactions: ejl293

Vicki G

Mar 26, 2021
Costambar
We just received our 1st shots at El Javier this morning. They are doing 50+. We only have passports. No problem. They are there this afternoon 2-4.

Buxtonite

Dec 20, 2005
Has anyone received a dose from any place other than POP with only a passport?
I got my first shot at the Multiuso between Sosua and the airport two weeks ago. Scheduled for second shot on May 20. Only needed my passport.
They don't look to see if you have overstayed. I know many Canadians who have overstayed who had no problem. I've heard of nobody being denied
a shot for that reason. Only people under the age limit have been denied.

alke

Apr 7, 2021
Dominican Republic
I got my first shot at the Multiuso between Sosua and the airport two weeks ago. Scheduled for second shot on May 20. Only needed my passport.
They don't look to see if you have overstayed. I know many Canadians who have overstayed who had no problem. I've heard of nobody being denied
a shot for that reason. Only people under the age limit have been denied.
I am Canadian. I am in Punta Cana. I have been denied.

I haven't heard anyone being accepted with only a passport other then on the North Coast and Cabrera.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Age is going out the window - Monday

Government plans to start vaccinating the entire population over 18 years of age starting on Monday

Curfew restrictions would be lifted, as people get vaccinated

https://www.diariolibre.com/actualidad/ … AA26042323

President Luis Abinader reported that the Health Cabinet plans to open, starting Monday, the National Vaccination Plan so that the entire population can be vaccinated, thanks to the 2 million doses that arrive this Wednesday from China.

In this way, the authorities reach phase III of the Plan, which includes people with age ranges between 18 and 49 years.

Abinader spoke after receiving the vaccine at the San Carlos Club, in the National District, in order to reinforce the immunity created in his body when he was infected with coronavirus during the political campaign.

With mass vaccination, the government would study the possibility of lifting the restrictions, but that would be done based on the number of people who are injecting themselves, according to Abinader.

The president called on the country to seek immunity to covid-19 by attending the authorized centers to be able to talk about removing the restrictive measures.

Status
Not open for further replies.