Tougher Covid-19 measures for Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I'll bring plenty of grade-A masks with me then. if I forget to put it on will I be charged with " mask murder"?:eek:

I don't know about Sosua but I suspect it's a lot like Boca Chica. Here masks outside are not enforced and I'm not sure it's a legal requirement. I do see people on motos with them on which looks ridiculous. I don't think you can go anywhere inside a mask, except restaurants and gyms. But all stores here enforce their own mask policy.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Even outside? Because it's not enforced at all.
It's being enforced here in Cabarete. Even moto drivers are being arrested and the motos confiscated if they aren't wearing masks. Obviously, there are not enough police to enforce it all the time everywhere, so you do see people not following the mandate.

• Wow
Reactions: NanSanPedro

twoinsosua

Student of the Arts.
Nov 6, 2020
Canada
I don't know about Sosua but I suspect it's a lot like Boca Chica. Here masks outside are not enforced and I'm not sure it's a legal requirement. I do see people on motos with them on which looks ridiculous. I don't think you can go anywhere inside a mask, except restaurants and gyms. But all stores here enforce their own mask policy.
Tongue in cheek aside,Good to know.TY.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
1608134234685.png

My guess is Abinader has a few meals/drinks w/ those big name families - he's one of them

They would know before any of us would.....

Perhaps they even help to 'drive the bus' on these policies
Read Ranieri's comments on the curfews/bans/etc...... fully supportive

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
View attachment 3754

My guess is Abinader has a few meals/drinks w/ those big name families - he's one of them

They would know before any of us would.....

Perhaps they even help to 'drive the bus' on these policies
Read Ranieri's comments on the curfews/bans/etc...... fully supportive
I imagine this will reduce Brugal, Barcelo and Presidente sales by about 40%. For me - instead of drinking in a bar that can't serve after the time I usually start for a night - I can drink at home and afford premium liquor - much better beer than Presidente and I'll probably drink less so I'll save pesos. No propinas needed when I pour my own.

Maybe those families don't need moola but I bet the employees being reduced at the bottling plants do. And probably the families will feel the pinch in their fat wallets too ?

As for the new President "Golden"...I'll pass on that swill.

Tourists - do you want to waste money on a vacation where you can't buy a bar drink after 6 PM ?
At least the Putas will have to clean up and be at work earlier than normal..................

Big

Apr 24, 2019
It's being enforced here in Cabarete. Even moto drivers are being arrested and the motos confiscated if they aren't wearing masks. Obviously, there are not enough police to enforce it all the time everywhere, so you do see people not following the mandate.
Great idea , shake down the poor moto guys that make 20 bucks a day

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
We'll see how the liquor sales shake out......

Maybe they just drink earlier.... or stockpile
Not going to affect my purchases

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Unreliable electricity, unreliable water supply, politicians that don't even bother to hide when they pillage the country, education system is terrible, etc, etc........ And it's nothing recent, been like that for decades.
How many revoluts have there been ?
Burning a few tires on the side of the road for 1h and 17 mn doesn't count, btw......

And some dr1ers think there will be social uprest because they modified the time of the curfew a little bit........ Lol.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
The thing is, they have introduced hard measures in Europe as well, but there, the governments actually help businesses and individuals to survive this thing... Not sure to what extent, if at all, that is really happening here...

While I understand your point, these businesses and private consumption is what brings money to the governments, so by limiting any business, they are limitng their own income as well... I do know that many countries in Europe are taking huge debts due to exactly this...

What I'm principally concerned about in here is things that happen when the authorities start actually enforcing the curfew and other restricitons on the 24th and 31st... I'd imagine they might experience "some" resistance... I know we'll be staying far away from all the madness...
Your application of logic is wasted on a person who guesses what the governments of the world want for them.
Its another simplistic example of the straw man illogic argument the reality deniers repeat over and over.
As if they are so important that the governments of the world want ill for them.

It is deeply offensive to the Covid deniers they are forced by law to temporarily alter their behavior for the common good of others they clearly do not give a damn about. They are all about me.
I find their suffering and whining to be attractive, deserved and a good indication that the laws are proper and working.

Not much need to worry about any resistance as these type are the ignorant uneducated bar room tough talkers
who will meekly put on the mask as they stagger home minutes ahead of the curfew.
They do not count in the big picture of what is best for the majority of people.

Their whining, complaining and tears about the limits they suffer over their behavior is a good thing for us but not to be taken too seriously or even responded to as if their cries were real or of any significance.

I find the Dominican Republics increasingly stringent holiday rules to be following the best science and a refreshingly good indicator that the country is responding to the pandemic in a smart healthy fashion.

twoinsosua

Student of the Arts.
Nov 6, 2020
Canada
The application of logic goes both ways. What are the long term effects on Dominican Republic young people? Btw, don't sit on Santa's knee Jimmy,covid lurks in every hair the ole man left unshaven. Forget signing Billy, the Christmas restrictions are a time of sorrow, not joy.
The harm these lock down can cause on young people is largely unknown due to time - yet we do have stats - the science, as lock-downers tout.
The long-term mental effects on society –from toddlers raised in fear and separation, youngsters banned from growing up naturally, people afraid to socialize, wedding celebrations canceled... to being prohibited to hug, kiss and cry dying parents and loved ones –is incomprehensible. On the other side of fear is joy; Joy to the World.
We all gotta die sometime. Even at Christmas. Or not.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Unreliable electricity, unreliable water supply, politicians that don't even bother to hide when they pillage the country, education system is terrible, etc, etc........ And it's nothing recent, been like that for decades.
How many revoluts have there been ?
Burning a few tires on the side of the road for 1h and 17 mn doesn't count, btw......

And some dr1ers think there will be social uprest because they modified the time of the curfew a little bit........ Lol.

Yes, I agree with you, also on the point that one major reason why nothing gets done here is that people just accept all the c**p... As it was mentioned in another thread though, the part that made me think what I wrote was that drinking and being on the street late on those nights is something important in this culture. Luz coming and going, no agua and all that, that's nothing new, people are used to that... As it was put in here my someone else, the people in the DR are very social by nature and enjoy drinking in colmados, on the street etc. Now that privilege will be taken away from them... That would be something new to them...

Reactions: DR fan1990

Big

Apr 24, 2019
The application of logic goes both ways. What are the long term effects on Dominican Republic young people? Btw, don't sit on Santa's knee Jimmy,covid lurks in every hair the ole man left unshaven. Forget signing Billy, the Christmas restrictions are a time of sorrow, not joy.
The harm these lock down can cause on young people is largely unknown due to time - yet we do have stats - the science, as lock-downers tout.
The long-term mental effects on society –from toddlers raised in fear and separation, youngsters banned from growing up naturally, people afraid to socialize, wedding celebrations canceled... to being prohibited to hug, kiss and cry dying parents and loved ones –is incomprehensible. On the other side of fear is joy; Joy to the World.
We all gotta die sometime. Even at Christmas. Or not.
Yes. Certain people think they know more about the virus because they watch CNN news all day and night. They want you to be just like them because their income is a fixed Social Security check which they collect if they are sitting at home with a stained community college shirt and flip flops or walking the the Streets of Sosua complaining about the chicas. Business people have a vested interest in living and are usually more gregarious. So let the lot hunker down and wallow in their misery as they pretend they are saving the world, just like when they played soldier when they were younger.

twoinsosua

Student of the Arts.
Nov 6, 2020
Canada
Yes. Certain people think they know more about the virus because they watch CNN news all day and night. They want you to be just like them because their income is a fixed Social Security check which they collect if they are sitting at home with a stained community college shirt and flip flops or walking the the Streets of Sosua complaining about the chicas. Business people have a vested interest in living and are usually more gregarious. So let the lot hunker down and wallow in their misery as they pretend they are saving the world, just like when they played soldier when they were younger.
The evidence is becoming clearer day by day. Lock up the old and at risk people. Let the world continue on its path. More harm being done to the young in the DR than good. And business. How many DR business will be shut down permanently after this " 2nd wave"? UNICEF is a world wide organization . Among others, I watch CNN, I like to hear both sides to draw reasonable conclusions based on evidence of fact, science, and that good old gut feeling. My spidey senses are tingling. I never hear anything contrary to MSM on CNN.
The DR people have lost a lot of freedoms. But its all good. After all its a Virus

As stated in a new report from UNICEF:“What we have learned about schooling during the time of COVID is clear: the benefits of keeping schools open far outweigh the costs of closing them, and nationwide closures of schools should be avoided at all costs.Evidence shows that schools are not the main drivers of this pandemic. Yet, we are seeing an alarming trend whereby governments are once again closing down schools as a first recourse rather than a last resort. In some cases, this is being done nationwide,rather than community by community, and children are continuing to suffer the devastating impacts on their learning, mental and physical well-being and safety.” It is obvious that children are suffering more from political authorities than from COVID.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Your application of logic is wasted on a person who guesses what the governments of the world want for them.
Its another simplistic example of the straw man illogic argument the reality deniers repeat over and over.
As if they are so important that the governments of the world want ill for them.

It is deeply offensive to the Covid deniers they are forced by law to temporarily alter their behavior for the common good of others they clearly do not give a damn about. They are all about me.
I find their suffering and whining to be attractive, deserved and a good indication that the laws are proper and working.

Not much need to worry about any resistance as these type are the ignorant uneducated bar room tough talkers
who will meekly put on the mask as they stagger home minutes ahead of the curfew.
They do not count in the big picture of what is best for the majority of people.

Their whining, complaining and tears about the limits they suffer over their behavior is a good thing for us but not to be taken too seriously or even responded to as if their cries were real or of any significance.

I find the Dominican Republics increasingly stringent holiday rules to be following the best science and a refreshingly good indicator that the country is responding to the pandemic in a smart healthy fashion.
Covid deniers can be just as irritating as the covid freaks.
Just after 6pm here in Sosua. Drinks are being served with dinner (shhhh... don't tell anyone) and the only people I see wearing mask are the people serving my table. Like I said earlier The Show must go on!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.