Tourist murdered in Boca Chica Hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
nope..i wasnt referencing the hookers in the hotel thing the other day here..but rather another incident that involved regular folks (a family) staying at a very good hotel in nyc.

all i asked was that...the posts regarding the club shooting be kept to THAT thread...as that was a very different type of crime (local on local at a club...much like crime everywhere vs. crime on a tourist).

Not trying to be a monitor...just i see these as two very different threads.

thats all from me.. I look forward to hearing more when details from the crime in B.C. become available. (as well as the one at the club in SD)

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
OK. Information I have at the moment. He had been spending time with a prostitute. She had the impression he was rich. Passed info on to her associate. Associate killed him. Purpose - robbery. DNI are investigating. Will report back as to who was associate when I have info.

Matilda

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Fire!!!!

My opinion is this type of reporting on DR1 is just like yelling "FIRE "in a movie house.If it is true that he was hanging with pros and invited them to his room, don't you think this is quite different than "tourist killed in his secure hotel room"?

Of course this will be thrown into the general caterory of "more crime in the DR" but IF it is true (he brought them to his room) it is not out of the ordinary for something like this to happen. Is it? Or, only in the DR?

john

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
In days past, AZB would chime in with a sharp comment about hanging around with putas and scum.

And he'd be right.

At home, folks wouldn't bring street hookers and their friends back to their house. But on vacation to Paradise, they will, and wonder why bad mojo went down.

Sorta reminds me of a stanza from the old Al Wilson song, The Snake:

"I saved you," cried the woman
And you bit me, even why?
You know your bite is poisonous and now I'm going to die
"Oh shut up, silly woman," said the reptile with a grin
"You knew damn well I was a snake before you brought me in"

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
all i asked was that...the posts regarding the club shooting be kept to THAT thread...as that was a very different type of crime (local on local at a club...much like crime everywhere vs. crime on a tourist).

Not trying to be a monitor...just i see these as two very different threads.

Both incidents were mentioned in the OP, but now that there's a separate Loft thread, fair enough. :)

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
In days past, AZB would chime in with a sharp comment about hanging around with putas and scum.

And he'd be right.

At home, folks wouldn't bring street hookers and their friends back to their house. But on vacation to Paradise, they will, and wonder why bad mojo went down.

You are soooo right, these gringos at home will never befriend their local hooker and bring them home. For whatever reason, when in Paradise they lose their good judgment.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
hmmm...not condoning the sex trade etc. But many a tourist at home here DO bring hookers (not to their homes) to their hotels. Most dont get robbed (some do) but you never hear about a hooker murdering her (or his) john.

It just doesnt make any sence. Ok...if the puta in BC thought the guy was rich...how does it benefit her and her friends to murder the guy? he sure wont be spending money on her now!

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
hmmm...not condoning the sex trade etc. But many a tourist at home here DO bring hookers (not to their homes) to their hotels. Most dont get robbed (some do) but you never hear about a hooker murdering her (or his) john.

It just doesnt make any sence. Ok...if the puta in BC thought the guy was rich...how does it benefit her and her friends to murder the guy? he sure wont be spending money on her now!
I don't get it either, but there are some things that don't make any sense.

For example, why would "a man... fatally shoot a teenage neighbor because he walked on the man's carefully tended lawn"?

Senseless.

source

-NALs

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
ahhhhhhhhh....well a piece of advice someone gave me on my first trip....was "dont tell anyone when you are actualy leaving".

now, after many trips, that is not a problem...but it was actualy very good advice for a newbie.

hifiman

Jul 13, 2005
I don't get it either, but there are some things that don't make any sense.

For example, why would "a man... fatally shoot a teenage neighbor because he walked on the man's carefully tended lawn"?

Senseless.

source

-NALs

Do you know what some of us have to go through to get a carefully manicured lawn.......it's a living hell;) damned dandelions:tired:

hifiman

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Well, not entirely true:

Aileen Wournos

I would suspect the BC situation was a crime of property that prolly went bad.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Well, not entirely true:

Aileen Wournos

I would suspect the BC situation was a crime of property that prolly went bad.
I remember that case.

We will never know the real truth of how this murder in BC went down, but one thing for sure, is that there is a much greater chance of something like this happening, when you're mixing with bad company, than if you're just an ordinary everyday sightseeing beach loving tourist.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Ignore the heading in this report because they've moved Boca Chica to Puerto Plata! However, the victims German friend in next room heard his cries for help & saw, from his balcony, 2 people climbing over the hotel railings. Victims money 12 dollars, 490 euros, 2280 pesos, 2 watches, 2 rings, a cellphone, passport and other things were in hotel security box. Police have arrested 3 maids and a man who worked for Hotel Villas Rimini - maids were arrested because they feature in photos found in victim's room, it says.

http://elnacional.com.do/article.aspx?id=18115

Victims name has now changed to 'Mansfred Flieck'.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I find this rather odd...
Almost standard policy to arrest those who knew him and had access.
Rarely is a crime like this totally random, so someone usually knows something about who the perp might be.
When they say they were arrested, it's more like detained, while police investigate and question them.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Almost standard policy to arrest those who knew him and had access.
Rarely is a crime like this totally random, so someone usually knows something about who the perp might be.
When they say they were arrested, it's more like detained, while police investigate and question them.
That I understand, the access. But 3 maids in photos? Seems sorta weird to me, I've never thought about taking pictures of maids, maybe others do. The maids, with access when he's not there, would know his stuff is in the safe you'd think.

There is more to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.