Trial for Murder of Lindsay de Feliz

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Since today was the scheduled trial opening, I’m unlocking this thread. As of this moment, I haven’t heard anything (or even if the trial actually began, postponements are common).

If anyone attended or has knowledge of the trial status, please share.

Please keep all posts trial related, anyone who starts victim blaming again will be removed.

Reactions: Howeller63

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
For certain he still is locked up ?

I believe Danilo her former husband and his two sons are still in preventiva in Santiago Rodriguez. That's certainly where they were before. Does anyone know for sure if they are still there?

Howeller63

Jun 17, 2017
4 of them locked up. Trial was supposed to start yesterday. I was hoping to see some news on it here.

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
The trial opened today and has been post until December 1st.
Better lock it back up then until Dec 1. LOL
Since today was the scheduled trial opening, I’m unlocking this thread. As of this moment, I haven’t heard anything (or even if the trial actually began, postponements are common).

If anyone attended or has knowledge of the trial status, please share.

Please keep all posts trial related, anyone who starts victim blaming again will be removed.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
4 of them locked up. Trial was supposed to start yesterday. I was hoping to see some news on it here.
Her husband and two sons. Who is the 4th? I had not heard that.
Will they all be tried together?
I can not fathom 4 were all actively involved in the killing - but I guess that's possible.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Her husband and two sons. Who is the 4th? I had not heard that.
Will they all be tried together?
I can not fathom 4 were all actively involved in the killing - but I guess that's possible.
The 4th is a lifelong best friend of the husband, Saya. If you read her books, he’s the dwendy she wrote about. I believe it’s one trial for all.

Reactions: Howeller63

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Is it common to have these delays or is this a "biding time thing". I know due to the virus the dates were pushed back but is there a reason now? Her poor family, I can imagine they just want this over with and justice served.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Is it common to have these delays or is this a "biding time thing". I know due to the virus the dates were pushed back but is there a reason now? Her poor family, I can imagine they just want this over with and justice served.

I think it is very common for justice not to be served in the Dominican criminal system. So in reality it's good news that those who are almost certainly guilty are having a long period of prison time even before the hearing. If they do walk free from the trial, at least there will be the consolation that they served two years in prison.

Reactions: slowmo

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I think it is very common for justice not to be served in the Dominican criminal system. So in reality it's good news that those who are almost certainly guilty are having a long period of prison time even before the hearing. If they do walk free from the trial, at least there will be the consolation that they served two years in prison.
Two years for heartless murder, especially someone who had helped and loved the family members who turned on her would be a reward.
With the publicity this trial will have (even just by DR1 i doubt they want to see an aquital. We can hope one of the four offers evidence against the others.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
The husband with a law background, and being a Dom, might have an edge here. Sorry to say but that is how bad guys with knowledge walk.

Reactions: aarhus

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
The husband with a law background, and being a Dom, might have an edge here. Sorry to say but that is how bad guys with knowledge walk.
I have to say I share your skepticism and maybe also special treatment in jail carrying on his hustler life to some degree.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
It's common. Trials are adjourned often, and for multiple reasons, for instance, one of the parties not being served properly by the bailiff. Actually, this used to happen even before the pandemic.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Does anyone remember dear old Nicole from Puerto Plata who "accidently" knocked her husband off his motorbike and killed him. She was tried and sentenced to 8 years for murder but then somehow was released from jail immediately afterwards and allowed to board a flight back to the UK. I don't think Dominican justice is particularly reliable. So even if they are found guilty, they may then walk free if she is anything to go by.

Reactions: bob saunders

Mariahboater

SHIPWRECKED
Aug 7, 2020
Ontario
Does anyone remember dear old Nicole from Puerto Plata who "accidently" knocked her husband off his motorbike and killed him. She was tried and sentenced to 8 years for murder but then somehow was released from jail immediately afterwards and allowed to board a flight back to the UK. I don't think Dominican justice is particularly reliable. So even if they are found guilty, they may then walk free if she is anything to go by.
Apples and oranges! Nicole accidentally killed her husband while he was driving motorcycle next to her she swerved to avoid another car and hit him and was given 12 yrs for it served 2 yrs was released on bail for appeal on (they didn't take her passport ) $50000 euro and she took of home seems it was set up that way..

Status
Not open for further replies.