Trigger Alert!!!

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Has anyone ever gone to the police??? Its all good to say 'go to the police', but in Cabarete, the first thing they do is put their hand out......you got no cash to pay, they disregard your story.....been there done that...... so really what would be the point of going to the 'police'.....remember this is the DR, not a first world country where the police actually give a dam.....

Yeah, I don't geddit. Why is the title of this thread called "Trigger Alert"? What does it mean?

Many abused victims are very triggered by that kind of story. I know of 3 who went in panic attack anxiety stuff from reading that story and flash backs occurred. I knew what it meant right away but I worked in that field for many years, so I can see how some would not understand the importance of those words. It is very common in my world.

I said I would not return on this but I want everyone to know I saw the woman today and it is not a made up story. Most men really can't understand what it is like to be a woman and certainly not a violated one.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
hard story to believe... bunch of rapists in bunches....driving around sorry...it was filed here...sorry to read it and sorry you are reading my response...

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
no. this is why people do not believe women like her. why not go straight to the police? there is no way to prove any kind of sexual assault without immediate medical examination. a crime should not be announced on the FB, it needs to be reported directly to the authorities. these guys could have been cruising the road waiting for the next victim for the rest of the day. easy find for the police.

In an ideal world, but under such circumstances it is not for others to say what she should have done. It's all pretty traumatic. When something like this happens the victim is not thinking about saving others, she is just thinking about getting to a safe place, getting out of that moment.
There are many sexual abuse cases that go unreported for years because people do not know how to deal with what happened. In DR the majority of crimes go unreported because they know the response. Something so traumatic happens in DR the last thing you want is the attitude of PN, they don't give a sh1t.
Natural instinct is to get safe, puck everyone else, self preservation is natural instinct.
Had one of the gringos stopped to assist her then maybe they could have helped her calm down, think logically, but like she said, they seemed to not give a sh1t either, and so I think home was the best thing to do.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
hard story to believe... bunch of rapists in bunches....driving around sorry...it was filed here...sorry to read it and sorry you are reading my response...

Why are you writing a response you are sorry for before people even read it...............................

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
Harleysrock;1492722 I said I would not return on this but I want everyone to know. I saw the woman today and it is not a made up story. Most men really can't understand what it is like to be a woman and certainly not a violated one.[/QUOTE said:
Harleysrock: I know that you have a big heart but forgive me if I look cold and sarcastic when I doubt that story... You said you saw that woman and you know that the story is true... How do you know ? Is the woman black an blue all over her body? ? Any visible wounds ? It's just a few of all the questions that I would like to get an answer to.

The funny thing I've noticed in all the posts is that most of the men believe the story, while most of the women of this forum, who are living here by the way, doubt the story and ask a lot of pretty smart questions. And don't forget also the fact that we, the women on this forum, got people barking at us (figuratively) and received Dislikes for even raising doubts, illogical bevahiour and questions related to the story.

But like many said, maybe that's true, mabye it's not... Who knows ? At the end, we are the master of what we decide to believe.

DonDR

Jul 14, 2010
Harleysrock: I know that you have a big heart but forgive me if I look cold and sarcastic when I doubt that story... You said you saw that woman and you know that the story is true... How do you know ? Is the woman black an blue all over her body? ? Any visible wounds ? It's just a few of all the questions that I would like to get an answer to.

The funny thing I've noticed in all the posts is that most of the men believe the story, while most of the women of this forum, who are living here by the way, doubt the story and ask a lot of pretty smart questions. And don't forget also the fact that we, the women on this forum, got people barking at us (figuratively) and received Dislikes for even raising doubts, illogical bevahiour and questions related to the story.

But like many said, maybe that's true, mabye it's not... Who knows ? At the end, we are the master of what we decide to believe.

May be all the women here are tightly involved in real estate and they don't need such news on this forum and in FB. Or maybe they are not women any more ... here people change into sercastic and heartless things. I am a "master of what I decided to believe".

Chalice choose to believe what you want, I know a rape victim, trama and PTSD when I see it. I am not going to go into anymore details dr1 is clearly not the support place that she needs. If people want to support her they know where to go.

I have worked with women and men of trauma for over 15 years.

Be careful out there women.

snowqueen

Dec 15, 2004
In my home country I would definitely report it to police. In DR, not so sure. I think there is still a lot of the mentality in a macho society that any woman raped must have been "asking for it" which sickens me no end. Even in the US this happens. Who was that politician a couple of years ago that said a woman cannot get pregnant if she was truly raped?

aname4me

Jun 18, 2011
In my home country I would definitely report it to police. In DR, not so sure. I think there is still a lot of the mentality in a macho society that any woman raped must have been "asking for it" which sickens me no end. Even in the US this happens. Who was that politician a couple of years ago that said a woman cannot get pregnant if she was truly raped?

And the DR1 (apparently) has a few with “macho mentality”.
I was disgusted (and ashamed) by some of their attacks against the original story.

And it was.....
Rep. Todd Akin, a Republican challenger, who said that "legitimate rape" rarely, if ever, results in pregnancy.

santiagodude

Nov 25, 2012
I find it ironic that many post on DR1 about the constant possibility of murder or robbery in the DR, but rape?....No way, Because she did not go to the crooked and corrupt police? ( I doubt I'd go to the police and get fleeced, on top of everything else).......More ironic is the fact that several women here do not seem believe the story.
Time to take off those rose colored glasses. Read the other DR1 members story posted about a similar but worse crime in this thread (violent rape with pregnancy). Is he lying too? The DR is not the Disneyland many here seem to believe.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
In the DR you need to fight to avoid having sex, not fight to have it. Sex is like "shaking hands" over here.

It is just too easy for a man to find sex here than to have to rape someone to get it.

Last edited: