Tuifly 7/2 TB181. 22 Passengers left at the AirPort. Great job.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Today, 22 Passengers were left at the AirPort in Santi Domingo.
They had to fill out the forms and when they were finished, they just closed the checkin.
Elderly French people, dominicans etc.
22 Stranded!

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe

Attachments

• 8B7FF44D-6EBC-4C31-BE25-49ED18C30810.jpeg
    8B7FF44D-6EBC-4C31-BE25-49ED18C30810.jpeg
    626.2 KB · Views: 202
  • AD7726A9-534A-4A8D-B3D6-FA7D76378A65.jpeg
    AD7726A9-534A-4A8D-B3D6-FA7D76378A65.jpeg
    535.1 KB · Views: 182

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Today, 22 Passengers were left at the AirPort in Santi Domingo.
They had to fill out the forms and when they were finished, they just closed the checkin.
Elderly French people, dominicans etc.
22 Stranded!
Upon booking all airlines provide entry and departure requirements and links links.
So do home country gov. websites.
Of course all covid requirements are also listed.
Once the gates are closed no further boarding.
Not that any of us like the crazy covid requirements which by now should be completely removed.
Regardless e-ticket gob.do will remain a simple new entry and departure requirement.

Formalités d’entrée et de séjour​

Entrée sur le territoire dominicain - QR code obligatoire gratuit​

Toute entrée ou sortie du territoire dominicain est conditionnée à un formulaire qui doit obligatoirement être rempli préalablement au départ ou à l’arrivée. Ce formulaire est accessible depuis le lien suivant : https://eticket.migracion.gob.do/ , et génère un QR code qui devra être présenté pour entrer ou quitter le territoire. Cette démarche est gratuite.

Pour les voyageurs à destination de Saint-Domingue, il convient de sélectionner « Santo Domingo de Guzman » pour identifier ensuite les quartiers de la capitale.

Un guide du voyageur est également disponible en anglais et en espagnol.

A noter qu’il n’est plus possible de compléter ce formulaire à l’aéroport (« papier bleu » / « papel azul »). Les autorités dominicaines appliquent une amende de 80$ en l’absence de présentation de ce QR code.

Data collection​

You will need to fill in a COVID Traveller’s Health Affidavit before travel to the Dominican Republic, to confirm whether you have any coronavirus symptoms and provide your contact details. This is part of an online form, which includes the COVID Traveller’s Health Affidavit, the Customs Declaration and the International Boarding / Disembarking forms and can be completed via the Dominican Republic’s Electronic Ticket Portal, before your journey.

For further information please check the Dominican Republic Travel Centerwebsite.

By now it should have dawned on anyone that we are in a new world of covid and often crazy gov. regulations.
Wich to make it worse, differ from country to country and can change on a moments notice.
One is obligated to inform oneself and to comply, that's the world we now live in.
Yet more control.

Reactions: Britboy

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Customer service at its finest moment. You just can't make this shit up.
Even thou the departure rules have been in effect for months some people still struggle with electronic devices.
You would think there would be a bit of help on hand.

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
Customer service at its finest moment. You just can't make this shit up.
Even thou the departure rules have been in effect for months some people still struggle with electronic devices.
You would think there would be a bit of help on hand.
Who fault is that? I would blame the airport because they KNOW it takes while for them to fill out form etc etc etc

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
This varies from airline to airline and airport to airport, but at busy airports like Miami and probably Santo Domingo, check-in at the ticket counter is stopped 45 minutes prior to departure. Once in the departure lounge at the gate, the flight is closed out if you're not there 10 minutes prior to departure. It sounds to me like these tourists should have arrived a little earlier.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Who fault is that? I would blame the airport because they KNOW it takes while for them to fill out form etc etc etc
I think everyone involved in this mess has some ownership in what went wrong. Anyone boarding a plane in today's world has to know it's a longer process than in the past. The airline and or the airport should have a few staff to help move these people along. Also the airline has all the passenger info and should be able to accommodate the people they sell tickets to.

But as we have all experienced in the past few years everyone will blame Covid and nobody will accept any responsibility

Britboy

Oct 30, 2021
Samana
Upon booking all airlines provide entry and departure requirements and links links.
So do home country gov. websites.
Of course all covid requirements are also listed.
Once the gates are closed no further boarding.
Not that any of us like the crazy covid requirements which by now should be completely removed.
Regardless e-ticket gob.do will remain a simple new entry and departure requirement.

Formalités d’entrée et de séjour​

Entrée sur le territoire dominicain - QR code obligatoire gratuit​

Toute entrée ou sortie du territoire dominicain est conditionnée à un formulaire qui doit obligatoirement être rempli préalablement au départ ou à l’arrivée. Ce formulaire est accessible depuis le lien suivant : https://eticket.migracion.gob.do/ , et génère un QR code qui devra être présenté pour entrer ou quitter le territoire. Cette démarche est gratuite.

Pour les voyageurs à destination de Saint-Domingue, il convient de sélectionner « Santo Domingo de Guzman » pour identifier ensuite les quartiers de la capitale.

Un guide du voyageur est également disponible en anglais et en espagnol.

A noter qu’il n’est plus possible de compléter ce formulaire à l’aéroport (« papier bleu » / « papel azul »). Les autorités dominicaines appliquent une amende de 80$ en l’absence de présentation de ce QR code.

Data collection​

You will need to fill in a COVID Traveller’s Health Affidavit before travel to the Dominican Republic, to confirm whether you have any coronavirus symptoms and provide your contact details. This is part of an online form, which includes the COVID Traveller’s Health Affidavit, the Customs Declaration and the International Boarding / Disembarking forms and can be completed via the Dominican Republic’s Electronic Ticket Portal, before your journey.

For further information please check the Dominican Republic Travel Centerwebsite.

By now it should have dawned on anyone that we are in a new world of covid and often crazy gov. regulations.
Wich to make it worse, differ from country to country and can change on a moments notice.
One is obligated to inform oneself and to comply, that's the world we now live in.
Yet more control.
It's an absolute farce.
I reiterate to use the .gov websites.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I booked flights for October 25 with TUIfly to Brussels.

I checked here:

I assume as of today, "2" is valid:

2. Are you travelling from a dark red or grey zone within the EU or Schengen zone or from a third country outside the white list ?​

• Do you have a vaccination, test or recovery certificate? You do not need to quarantine or get tested.
  • You do not have a vaccination, test or recovery certificate?
    • Get tested (PCR or RAT) the first day after you return from your trip maintain a quarantine until the results are announced. Did you test negative? Then you can end quarantine as soon as you get your test result.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Was it the Passenger Locator form that they hadn't filled in? Not the Dominican e-ticket?

It always astounds me that people seem to think that if they turned up without an ESTA or a Visa to fly to the US, it would be fine to turn them away. But if they turned up without the right paperwork to fly to another country and were turned away, this would be terrible.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Was it the Passenger Locator form that they hadn't filled in? Not the Dominican e-ticket?

It always astounds me that people seem to think that if they turned up without an ESTA or a Visa to fly to the US, it would be fine to turn them away. But if they turned up without the right paperwork to fly to another country and were turned away, this would be terrible.
I think you should read again.
They were filling in the paperwork and they shut the counter while they were still trying.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I think you should read again.
They were filling in the paperwork and they shut the counter while they were still trying.

I completely understand, you could see them filling in paperwork on the film. I still have no sympathy, they must have realised that paperwork was required and should have known what paperwork it was. I am presuming it was the passenger locator forms for Belgium, not the Dominican e-ticket.