Tummy tuck and Breast lift

ltsnyder

Bronze
Jun 4, 2003
www.x3ci.com
I don't like to encourage change for vainity. . . .

Can you post a before and after, no head shot is needed.

watch out for scaring or hardness around the implants and people will treat you fine if you decide to get them removed.
Plenty of "stars" had implants removed after they decided the implants were not worth it.

-Lee

duhtree

Jun 2, 2003
By the way, Toneloc24 why is your laser surgery valid-essential and other procedures ie breast lifts,etc are not?
In terms of risk spend 1 week without your eyes than spend 1 week with a bruised breast. Stupidity? Do you wash, groom yourself? Why? for self esteem, I suspect.
She posted a" breast lift ". Certainly less risky than eye surgery. Was your surgery any less vain?
I am a man so don't have to overcome the ravages of being pregnant, carrying to term and giving birth and the ongoing force of gravity on my obvious body parts.
Exercise is 'good' for the body/mind complex. Stupidity is not.
Sorry. Just felt I had to say that. It must be male menapause as lately, I'm quick off the mark.
John

Are you so blessed that you can't see

Bolt

Jun 12, 2002
www.wireless-alarms.com
Why is it a perfectly good opening thread on an interesting subject have to be ripped to shreds?. It does little to inspire one to share their experince knowing full well it be followed up with silly comments. :disappoin

People have choices and indeed DR is one of the most cost effective places in the world to have these procedures carried out if some due diligence is followed. i.e referals and personal expereince from others. There are many world class professional surgeons here that can do anything from removing an odd birth mark on the chin to a major body rebuild.

To many, it can literally change their lifestyle and feel proud to walk the beach once again in a skimpy outfit without being self-consicious of lumps bumps and saggy bits in the wrong places.

Im out speaking out of turn here? I think most wifes have at least mentioned the idea of a quick nip and tuck in their middle years i know mine has:)

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Life threatening SURGERY??

Robert said:
Please post the details here so everyone can learn now and in the future from your experience.
Please do not encourage women to have life threatening surgery in order to alter their shapes. Encourage people instead to give up their cars and ride bicycles, swim in the ocean, and walk. Amazing how well this works as a tummy tuck and breast lift without surgery. Save the money for college.......

annie

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
mountainannie said:
Please do not encourage women to have life threatening surgery in order to alter their shapes. Encourage people instead to give up their cars and ride bicycles, swim in the ocean, and walk. Amazing how well this works as a tummy tuck and breast lift without surgery. Save the money for college.......

annie
How incredibly offensive and patronizing of you! Who died and left you (or Rob for that matter) arbiter or what anyone can or can't do? I am sure none of these women are mentally deficient and as such they are entitled to make decisions about their body without some judgmental little twit telling them that it isn't acceptable.

The frigging nerve!

beachlv

Sep 28, 2004
Pib said:
How incredibly offensive and patronizing of you! Who died and left you (or Rob for that matter) arbiter or what anyone can or can't do? I am sure none of these women are mentally deficient and as such they are entitled to make decisions about their body without some judgmental little twit telling them that it isn't acceptable.

The frigging nerve!
Amen Pib, Amen!

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
I did plenty of research on Lasik before undergoing the procedure. It was a vanity thing, not self-esteem. I never lacked for self-esteem or confidence. I was tired of wearing glasses, period, regardless if whether my women liked them or not. I never said it was valid-essential. Duhtree, you did.

My eyesight was only affected for 2 hours, not 1 week. In those 2 hours, I was at home asleep. When I woke up, I could see my clock radio display clear as ever for the 1st time in many years. If something were to go wrong with my eyesight in th future, I would accept that. However, there is no exercise to strengthen eyesight, to my knowledge.

Duhtree, I believe (and this is only my opinion, I could care less what you think of it) that breast lifts and tummy tucks are crutches for people who are lazy or think lazy. If a dude drinks beer and eats fast food throughout his life, fails to exercise, then one day decides, guess what I'm fat, let me go get a belly-tuck to remedy this situation. Does that mean he'll stop drinking beer and eating fast food, and exercise? Hell no!

I understand some of what women go through after having babies, but I've also met enough mothers who've had several babies who were in very good physical shape. Why? Because they worked at it. They cared enough for their bodies to diet and exercise to get back close to their normal body shape prior to pregnancy. Those that were married, their husbands were still very attracted to them physically. I completely applaud those types of ladies and respect them so much more.

I understand my opinion might be unpopular due to the popularity of US TV shows like Nip/Tuck, etc. But natural women rule!!!

Again, just my opinion, as a man. I doubt if women will listen to it.

duhtree said:
By the way, Toneloc24 why is your laser surgery valid-essential and other procedures ie breast lifts,etc are not?
In terms of risk spend 1 week without your eyes than spend 1 week with a bruised breast. Stupidity? Do you wash, groom yourself? Why? for self esteem, I suspect.
She posted a" breast lift ". Certainly less risky than eye surgery. Was your surgery any less vain?
I am a man so don't have to overcome the ravages of being pregnant, carrying to term and giving birth and the ongoing force of gravity on my obvious body parts.
Exercise is 'good' for the body/mind complex. Stupidity is not.
Sorry. Just felt I had to say that. It must be male menapause as lately, I'm quick off the mark.
John

Are you so blessed that you can't see

duhtree

Jun 2, 2003
Fortunately

this is not about us but the post of someone else who, we were hoping, would share her experience with us.
Her " vanity " surgery is no different then yours was my only point to you.
FYI most of eyesight is constructed around memorization, stored experiences not visual. There are any number of techniques to correct eyesight. They are time consuming, difficult and tedious. Compression techniques also work. If you can remember back to when you wore glasses. Without them on peaple were blurry to some extent and yet, you still recoginized what you were looking at if it was something familiar, right?
Oh, I had lasex surgery 4-5 years ago and it is fantastic in every way.
Peace,John

Spirit7

Aug 26, 2004
Beware of a doctor named Contreras!

If you are into cosmetic surgery and plan to do it in the DR, just be aware and beware of a doctor named Contreras! He has been involved in several deaths during the procedures and somehow the guy is still around. CAREFUL!

ltsnyder

Bronze
Jun 4, 2003
www.x3ci.com
Correction, just plain beware.

Spirit7 said:
If you are into cosmetic surgery and plan to do it in the DR, just be aware and beware of a doctor named Contreras! He has been involved in several deaths during the procedures and somehow the guy is still around. CAREFUL!

If you choose to do this with your body, well go ahead. If you expect me to shut up about the need for such a procedure, and allow you to create a thread about how great cosmetic surgurey is, tough nuggies on you. tooo bad. Hold your church of vainity worship in a private place that condones it, if Robet wants to turn his Privately own form in to a "feel good" tummy tuck marketing vehicle, all the power to him. If you want to , and need me or others to go away. Make sure you get approval before you blast away all desenting voices.

-Lee

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
ltsnyder said:
If you choose to do this with your body, well go ahead. If you expect me to shut up about the need for such a procedure, and allow you to create a thread about how great cosmetic surgurey is, tough nuggies on you. tooo bad. Hold your church of vainity worship in a private place that condones it, if Robet wants to turn his Privately own form in to a "feel good" tummy tuck marketing vehicle, all the power to him. If you want to , and need me or others to go away. Make sure you get approval before you blast away all desenting voices.

-Lee

As you mentioned me, I guess I better respond.

At the end of the day it's an individual?s freedom of choice on what they want to do with their body. Don?t forget, it's not all about larger breasts or a thinner waste line. Plastic surgery covers a host of procedures.

If someone contemplating a procedure can be better informed by DR1, then I think that?s excellent and a credit to DR1 and it?s posters.

evaort

Jan 13, 2005
what in fo can you give me

Tiggercndo1 said:
I went to DR for a tummy tuck and breast lift. I came home a happy girl. I went to Santo Domingo. I have a Dominacan Family who I am very close to and they know him and called him for me and set everything up. If you want details on price, send me an e-mail and I will tell you all about it. Yes, it was alot cheaper. He was wonderful. I will explain later. Now, if I were to deside to do something more, even if it were the same money as here, I would still have it done in the DR. He was great! Better then any surg. I ever had here in the US.

what info can you give me on the dr you went to see in rd
?

jeanmarie

Mar 24, 2004
huh?

toneloc24 said:
I did plenty of research on Lasik before undergoing the procedure. It was a vanity thing, not self-esteem. I never lacked for self-esteem or confidence. I was tired of wearing glasses, period, regardless if whether my women liked them or not. I never said it was valid-essential. Duhtree, you did.

My eyesight was only affected for 2 hours, not 1 week. In those 2 hours, I was at home asleep. When I woke up, I could see my clock radio display clear as ever for the 1st time in many years. If something were to go wrong with my eyesight in th future, I would accept that. However, there is no exercise to strengthen eyesight, to my knowledge.

Duhtree, I believe (and this is only my opinion, I could care less what you think of it) that breast lifts and tummy tucks are crutches for people who are lazy or think lazy. If a dude drinks beer and eats fast food throughout his life, fails to exercise, then one day decides, guess what I'm fat, let me go get a belly-tuck to remedy this situation. Does that mean he'll stop drinking beer and eating fast food, and exercise? Hell no!

I understand some of what women go through after having babies, but I've also met enough mothers who've had several babies who were in very good physical shape. Why? Because they worked at it. They cared enough for their bodies to diet and exercise to get back close to their normal body shape prior to pregnancy. Those that were married, their husbands were still very attracted to them physically. I completely applaud those types of ladies and respect them so much more.

I understand my opinion might be unpopular due to the popularity of US TV shows like Nip/Tuck, etc. But natural women rule!!!

Again, just my opinion, as a man. I doubt if women will listen to it.

I've belonged to this board for 10 months now- posted a few practical questions/comments but mostly lurked and attended a most enjoyable NY DR1 reunion. Have learned countless useful things about living, traveling in and understanding the DR which are invaluable to me (6 amazing visits in 2004) and have followed with shock and awe every last sankie/do you know so&so thread to the very last post. Thank you Pib, Chirimoya and Anna for the dependable infusion of sane, rational posts which keep these threads readable. Oh, and Trina too.

OK OK enough of that.. I'm FINALLY moved to express an opinion and I'm off track already.. :cross-eye

Toneloc, I just don't see the logic here. LASIK because your "tired" of wearing glasses? I wear them and don't find it that strenuous. OK,OK I get it- not tired exactly, but for vanity's sake... Fine, I've consider LASIK too.

However, take it from me you can have a kid or two and be fit as a fiddle, triathlon-ready, but NO amount of exercise is necessarily going unstretch the skin or lift breasts. That's the point of tummy tuck for some women is that when there's NOT a lot of fat (or a baby :) )under the stretched skin, THAT is what makes the skin sag. It's totally unfair for you to assume that a candidate for such procedures is either fat OR lazy. So why is acting on vanity's sake for OK you but not for someone else? Couldn't a LASIK procedure gone awry could have a result equally as distastrous as that of another cosmetic procedure?.

You said it yourself, it wasn't about what others (women) thought of your glasses- you did it for yourself. Perhaps it's the same for the women whose husbands are still attracted their "close to normal body shapes" after having kids. That's great and the way it should be, but should they be able to do something for themselves if that's their choice?

siren

Nov 23, 2004
Just asking

Okay...from what I have gathered here so far is; there are some people totally opposed to cosmetic surgery here. That is why I feel the need to explain myself before I ask my question, so maybe I wont get picked on. I am 5.6 and 120 pounds. I eat good 50% of the time but the other 50% loves Pop-eyes chicken and McDonalds in the states. I was blessed with an "A" cup as I grew up. I was the president of the Itty Bitty Titty Commitie! No joke...just ant bites. I love to work out so having a lean body is not my problem but I though getting boobs (small C cup) would help balance my body out a bit more. My self esteem hasn't changed at all. I still feel pretty, but just a bit more even.
I have been a Hooters girl, worked for a illusionist/magician and modeled a little, so I feel like my "boob job" wasn't a waste of money.
So, in conclusion...my question is...who do I trust if I blow a spare tire if you know what I mean? From what I have read, I should go back to the states. Thanks

bushit

Dec 29, 2004
locham.blogspot.com
Opposed to plastic surgery? DON'T HAVE IT!

I left your final opinion below, but edited the inflammatory stuff.
Please keep it sane & sensible, without the molitave cocktails.

Thanks
Tim H.
:smoke:

Bottom line:
Opposed to plastic surgery? DON'T HAVE IT!

Steiner

Last edited by a moderator:

ezilyamuzd

Dec 3, 2006
I will be going to the DR in December to get a frontal lobotomy. Or was that a bottle in front of me. Diet and exercise be damned!

barbaraoo1

Jul 11, 2007
tummy tuck

I went to DR for a tummy tuck and breast lift. I came home a happy girl. I went to Santo Domingo. I have a Dominacan Family who I am very close to and they know him and called him for me and set everything up. If you want details on price, send me an e-mail and I will tell you all about it. Yes, it was alot cheaper. He was wonderful. I will explain later. Now, if I were to deside to do something more, even if it were the same money as here, I would still have it done in the DR. He was great! Better then any surg. I ever had here in the US.

please send me information on tummy tuck