Two Security Myths

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
That's my point!

mondongo said:
If all that precaution is necessary, then is it worth it? Why live a life of near encarceration? It is really too bad....

That bad guys are winning, so we must make an attempt to protect ourselves and our property.

I recently renewed my gun permit and found I can no longer take it out of the house unless I keep it locked in the car with the clip locked separately in the trunk.............Go Figure?

fightingirish

Dec 8, 2005
What about theft of motorcycles?

Does anyone have any experience of this? How/where do you park them overnight?

thanks!

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Everyone takes their bikes, scooters etc inside at night. Most houses have steelbar warehouses, or real backyard houses to keep them.
Leave it outside, and it is the last you will see of it... even if it is a plain scooter.

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
I have a 6 foot chain link fence in my front yard with my dog as the owner of this parcel. Inside in front of the house I built a 6' x 7' x 5' shed where my wife and I park our motors. It has a door with lock but as this shed in in front of my bedroom we do use the door or lock. I've lived in this house 7 years now and, knock on wood, I've never had anything stolen or any breakin.

For a number of years there has been a rumor that I am affiliated with the NY mafia. I don't know how this rumor started and I really don't care. I've done nothing to dispel this falsehood as it seems to work in my favor.

Rick

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Gringo,

You can get a license to carry your gun on your person. It is not too difficult. You need:

1- A letter from a business with an RNC number that you work for them and carry large sums of money, etc.

2- One or two letters of recommendation for character. For example, from a bank, local police, Military, etc.

You can call this number in SD for more info. 809-686-6251 Ext.2012. Ask about Requisitos Para La Obtencion del Port para Licencias Armas de Fuego.

You of course need to speak Spanish. Any good Lawyer can help you obtain this. It may sound difficult, but it really is not if you have lived hear some time I am sure you can get what you need.

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
SKY said:
Gringo,

You can get a license to carry your gun on your person. It is not too difficult. You need:

1- A letter from a business with an RNC number that you work for them and carry large sums of money, etc.

2- One or two letters of recommendation for character. For example, from a bank, local police, Military, etc.

You can call this number in SD for more info. 809-686-6251 Ext.2012. Ask about Requisitos Para La Obtencion del Port para Licencias Armas de Fuego.

You of course need to speak Spanish. Any good Lawyer can help you obtain this. It may sound difficult, but it really is not if you have lived hear some time I am sure you can get what you need.

Thank you Sky, I will look in to this................

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
carina said:
Everyone takes their bikes, scooters etc inside at night. Most houses have steelbar warehouses, or real backyard houses to keep them.
Leave it outside, and it is the last you will see of it... even if it is a plain scooter.

Even during daylight there is a risk. I know somebody whose motorcycle was picked up, thrown in the back of a pickup truck and driven off in what seemed like seconds. There was a chain to keep the wheel from turning, but the bike was not chained to something to keep it from being lifted up and carried away.

This happened during the work day outside of an office.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Ken said:
Even during daylight there is a risk. I know somebody whose motorcycle was picked up, thrown in the back of a pickup truck and driven off in what seemed like seconds. There was a chain to keep the wheel from turning, but the bike was not chained to something to keep it from being lifted up and carried away.

This happened during the work day outside of an office.

This must happen at least once a day.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Very true Ken. I just responded to the question where the bikes are kept overnight. You are so right, of course when not using them in daytime, we need to be careful as well.

Aguayo

Oct 11, 2003
Where is Soluciones Electronicas?

Gringo said:
We also have decided to go the full security route, just yeterday I paid a deposit to Soluciones Electronicas of Puerto Plata for a full security package consisting of outside 4 color camera's with night vision surrounding the house for full visabillity, 2 camara's full lenth variable for main floor and second floor.

We did the same thing, I purchased some night vision cameras, a quad and a computer card from the Internet, but I learned the hard way than importing stuff here is a nightmare so, I would like to know where is Soluciones Electronicas to go there and see what they have.

Of course, the cameras will not protect our property when we are not there, but I wanted some way to know who is lurking around in the night when my dogs start barking.

Thanks in advance,
Ben

boogieman

Mar 30, 2006
put it to you this way....

if somebody wants to jack you, you WILL get jacked!

the key question which one has to ponder is WHAT exactly is he willing to lose.... a 27 inch tv, a digital camera, etc etc.

surely, valuable things like cash, jewelry, and other **** of value should be kept in a very discrete place.... i wont give away my secrets..

anyhow, an alarm works well... its probably your best bet.
id also include a shotgun under the bed... should they come in, get to spray the ****ers..

btw... are gun licenses easy to obtain in DR?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Anyone with permanent residence or citizenship can obtain a gun license fairly easy here.