U.S. IP address

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
I only know of one site that would not sell with a foreign IP, newegg.com. Never had a problem with other sites but Costco that cancelled my order saying they will not ship to any freight forwarding when given my Miami EPS.

I signed up recently with Aeropost and have gotten totally addicted. I find something on Amazon, Costco or elsewhere and it is here in my house in about 10 days. It's a Miami address and much less expensive than EPS. Check them out, I highly recommend them.

Feb 7, 2007
Castella, EVERYBODY is less expensive than EPS with their RD$200+ per pound charge.

I use PickNsend, it is the first on my list, it is the cheapest for me at RD$165 the first pound and RD$133 each additional pound. They round up to the next pound, but round down till X.4 (so a 3.4 pound package is just 3 pounds). I am also one of their better customers and anything over 10 pounds get me about 10% unofficial reduction in rate.

The second next in inexpensive is BM cargo with their RD$154 per pound, flat rate, charged on the 1/10 of the pound, even for items weighting less than 1 pound.

The third is INPOSDOM (yes, the post office!) with RD$120 per pound, but rounds up to the next pound when even 1 ounce over.

The fourth is Vimenpaq at about $150 per pound, but rounds up to the next pound when even 1 ounce over.

The fifth and last one is EPS with their RD$200+ per pound.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I've used Business Mail, INPOSDOM, Vimenpaq and EPS.

EPS is more expensive but IMO their service is superior. I use BM for large shipments (like 22 new moterpsychel tires and a 65lb. tire changing machine.)

I wish I could find a decent, reasonably shipper for 50-100 pound lots going to the states; I got a quote this week of $250 for 50lbs. going to the Spokane WA area. Anybody? Bueller?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Ken, I would certainly not transmit any sensitive information (login info, credit card details, etc.) over a public poxy server....unless, of course, you want that information to get out ....

Thanks for the tip. I'll probably just continue as I am since I have so few problems that require a US IP

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
For those with some IT expertise you can just set up a small laptop or an old machine to be your proxy server in your home country (either in your own property or a friend/family member). It's not too difficult with SSH or a similar tool.

I have also found a solution to get around Dynamic IP address that ISP providers assign. (Not for everyone but it's something I do for myself...).

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
For those with some IT expertise you can just set up a small laptop or an old machine to be your proxy server in your home country (either in your own property or a friend/family member). It's not too difficult with SSH or a similar tool.

I have also found a solution to get around Dynamic IP address that ISP providers assign. (Not for everyone but it's something I do for myself...).
Sometimes it's cheaper to pay few bucks to a good service provider. I know it maybe old machines but still it will cost money to run it. Plus you will have somebody to call if you get no services any time of the day. You will not have to wait for your friend/family member to see what went wrong and try to fix it with 76 years old father on the telephone.

jeviduty

Jul 1, 2011
I will recommend StrongVPN, which is the one I use.
-Very helpful staff.
-Cheap
-Works
-Receive 85% of my speed
-Easy to use

Costs 21USD for 3 months for any US IP.

Message me is anyone needs more guidance.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Just signed up with UnoDNS.....seems to work great, on my laptop...now I want to add the DNS servers to my router, but I dont know the IP address to go into the settings menu of it. Anyone who knows the IP of a Cisco DDR2201 router (it's not 192.168.1.254)

Feb 7, 2007
Just signed up with UnoDNS.....seems to work great, on my laptop...now I want to add the DNS servers to my router, but I dont know the IP address to go into the settings menu of it. Anyone who knows the IP of a Cisco DDR2201 router (it's not 192.168.1.254)

Start -> Run -> type "cmd"
then in the pop up type "ipconfig"

look for "Default gateway" - the IP address is the IP of your router.

Softail

Nov 15, 2011
My PayPal account has my US EPS shipping address...but says "Dominican Republic", not "United States."

And PayPal has no mechanism to change it. It reads the IP when you open the account. It's been a hassle more than once. Many online vendors will not sell to a DR IP address.

Cobraboy, I had the same issue when living in PI (sorry, CC, I know). I solved it by opening a second PP account when bac in the states, solved it for me. Worth a try, perhaps, if you ever get back to the homeland.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Cobraboy, I had the same issue when living in PI (sorry, CC, I know). I solved it by opening a second PP account when bac in the states, solved it for me. Worth a try, perhaps, if you ever get back to the homeland.
That's the plan, ST...

Feb 7, 2007
CB - you can even open that account WHILE in the DR ... just be careful, when you sign up, in one of the boxes it will say DOMINICAN REPUBLIC. Change that to the USA. I know it can be done because I did it myself.

May 20, 2012
Castella, EVERYBODY is less expensive than EPS with their RD$200+ per pound charge.

I use PickNsend, it is the first on my list, it is the cheapest for me at RD$165 the first pound and RD$133 each additional pound. They round up to the next pound, but round down till X.4 (so a 3.4 pound package is just 3 pounds). I am also one of their better customers and anything over 10 pounds get me about 10% unofficial reduction in rate.

The second next in inexpensive is BM cargo with their RD$154 per pound, flat rate, charged on the 1/10 of the pound, even for items weighting less than 1 pound.

The third is INPOSDOM (yes, the post office!) with RD$120 per pound, but rounds up to the next pound when even 1 ounce over.

The fourth is Vimenpaq at about $150 per pound, but rounds up to the next pound when even 1 ounce over.

The fifth and last one is EPS with their RD$200+ per pound.
Very helpful post!!
Are these prices to your door?
If not, what does that add to these prices approx?
Do all these deliver to Cabarete or close if not door to door?

oldschool

Oct 9, 2004
Any current or updated or new sites that can offer a fast reliable U.S. IP address service since this thread was last commented

RandyLRM

May 21, 2014
I use VyprVPN, which gives me a Miami IP address. It's $9.95/month, no degradation in performance. Interestingly, it's the only way I can access the verizon.com website for my US phone.