U.S. IP address

Jan 17, 2009
It depends on what you need a VPN for. I changed from using Hospot Shield several years ago. I now pay for SmartDns but this is because all I need it for is to watch US TV, Netflix, Hulu, etc.

There is one free service that I have used when abroad (SmartDNS can only connect to your home IP, not to several places at the same time.)

The free service VPN I'm using when outside the DR is Hola.org Worked great when I was traveling in South America.

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
The last two posts are right on the money.

If you just need to access Pandora or Amazon Prime or Hulu or whatever the Hola extension works and it's free.

If you need it for other purposes then you'll need to get a subscription to a VPN.

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
The last two posts are right on the money.

If you just need to access Pandora or Amazon Prime or Hulu or whatever the Hola extension works and it's free.

If you need it for other purposes then you'll need to get a subscription to a VPN.

Try out CyberGhost 5.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
I use Unlocator. $49.95/year and I get TheDailyShow.com and MyDish.com videos again. And I also get Amazon Prime videos.

Jul 28, 2014
Use the browser firefox, it has add-ins that do a proxy free of charge, I am Canadian, but watch U.S. netflix all the time thanx to it!

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
I use Unlocator. $49.95/year and I get TheDailyShow.com and MyDish.com videos again. And I also get Amazon Prime videos.

I use the Hola extension in Chrome to watch Amazon Prime and it's free. I'm sure it would work for thedailyshow.com and mydish.com as well.

If it does you just saved $50

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
I use the Hola extension in Chrome to watch Amazon Prime and it's free. I'm sure it would work for thedailyshow.com and mydish.com as well.

If it does you just saved $50

Hola did not work for me. I'm not sure why, but every web address I tried to access with Hola enabled loaded slowly, if at all. I've seen no slowdown using Unlocator. For just over $4/month, it's a worthy investment for me.

However, as always, YMMV.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I installed Hola on chrome and tried to watch a movie from amazon prime. Does NOT work (for me?)... :(