Ukrainian woman accused of torture is sentenced to three months in prison

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Natalya-Kasianova-acusada-tortura-Hoy-1024x685.png

36-year old Ukrainian Natalya Kasianova was ordered to serve three months of preventive imprisonment in the Najayo Women prison during the preparation of the trial against her, said her lawyer Carlos Guerra. Her ex-partner 21-year old Miguel Angel Linares accuses her of torture. Kasianova’s lawyer says she will appeal the ruling.

According to the lawyer, the judge’s decision to have his client serve three months in prison in Najayo Mujeres was due to the media coverage of the case.

The accusation of the Public Prosecutor’s Office establishes that on the morning of 23 May 2022, Miguel Angel Linares met with the accused at the Torre Ibiza, on the 30 de Mayo Highway supposedly to talk about the relationship that had ended weeks before. The 21-year old man complained Kasianova was mistreating him.

Upon arriving at the apartment, the young man discovered that the...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Big

Apr 24, 2019
sounds like she is nutty as a fruit cake, of course she is going to fight extradition. Ukraine is not the place to be right now. POP has a whole tribe of Russians running businesses on the malecon

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Sounds to me she took actions that might have been justified.
Especially knowing what I know about cultural norms here in the 🇩🇴
She should have simply got house arrest.
She should not be extradited.
She is accused, not convicted.

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
What I don't get is "... the media coverage of the case ..." Kinda looks like she's already been convicted by the news.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
What I don't get is "... the media coverage of the case ..." Kinda looks like she's already been convicted by the news.
That tends to be quite common. This is why sometimes the public has its way of what the verdit should be and then the actual verdict is known and is completely different.

I say she is lucky she was given a 3-month jail sentence. Basically, that's one season. It could had been much longer, IMO. She will probably be assign to one of the modern jails which are suppose to be models of how the entire Dominican jail system will be once all the traditional jails are replaced.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
That's the same thing that happened to the Haitian gentleman and his Colombian wife I mentioned in the trafficking thread.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
looks like she was "convicted by the news" in Peru as well

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
It does not matter what the media coverage is or what the public thinks.
My understanding is that even in the 🇩🇴 your sentence is handed out by a judge after you conviction.
Something that has not occurred in this case.

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
Russian and Ukraine blood still is tainted from the Bolshevik genocides. The commie horror lives in these people today. They have no trust of anything. So thread carefully among them.

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
She is a bit nutty. She’s a good friend of mine. This isn’t her first incident either. I pray Natalya learns her lesson this time and calms down a bit. 🙏
I can only hope you tread lightly around her.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
I say she is lucky she was given a 3-month jail sentence. Basically, that's one season. It could had been much longer, IMO. She will probably be assign to one of the modern jails which are suppose to be models of how the entire Dominican jail system will be once all the traditional jails are replaced.
The press often says "sentence", but it was just an arraignment. She could still get out.