Upcoming conciertos in POP

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Well July is usually a "slow" month here when it comes to events and concerts. But you will find something, possibly at El Campito just outside Playa Dorada.
In the beginning of July, don?t remember the date, there is alway the annual fashion/dance show at Orion. Fashionshow, costmetic show blended in a kind of dance performance. Attracts a somewhat different crowd to Orion, mixed in nationalites and ages.
100 pesos and a drink included in the ticket.

Orion is a disco in central Puerto Plata.

Janni

Mar 19, 2005
carina said:
Well July is usually a "slow" month here when it comes to events and concerts. But you will find something, possibly at El Campito just outside Playa Dorada.
In the beginning of July, don?t remember the date, there is alway the annual fashion/dance show at Orion. Fashionshow, costmetic show blended in a kind of dance performance. Attracts a somewhat different crowd to Orion, mixed in nationalites and ages.
100 pesos and a drink included in the ticket.

Orion is a disco in central Puerto Plata.

Gracias para the info Carina.

Mi amigo de POP told me today that El Campito has closed down. If so, that's too bad....I always enjoyed myself there.
He says Tono Rosario is coming July 1st to Playa Dorado....have you heard anything about that yet? I'd love to go and see Ton~o!! :laugh:

Janni

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Janni said:

Mi amigo de POP told me today that El Campito has closed down. If so, that's too bad....I always enjoyed myself there.
He says Tono Rosario is coming July 1st to Playa Dorado....have you heard anything about that yet? I'd love to go and see Ton~o!! :laugh:

Janni

Hi, no I haven?t heard about either one of the issues...
If he comes they put banners up in the city about a week prior, if they chose to advertise. If you know where in Playa Dorada, then it is easy to make a phonecall, or check the websites of the places there.

Janni

Mar 19, 2005
carina said:
Hi, no I haven?t heard about either one of the issues...
If he comes they put banners up in the city about a week prior, if they chose to advertise. If you know where in Playa Dorada, then it is easy to make a phonecall, or check the websites of the places there.

Si....It's suppose to be at Roadhouse. Would you mind giving them a phonecall para mi??? I'd sooooooooo appreciate it!

Muchos gracias!

dropitlikeithot

Jun 22, 2005
Janni said:

Janni

if you are in POP and no concerts around then why not go to Santiago? There are always Bands playing all over the city. In Tipico Monte Bar there is always someone playing, except for Tuesday which is closed.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Why not Santiago...

Because after the concert you have to get your butt back to Puerto Plata or get a hotel room. Rooms there are not cheap. It is doable once in a while but not something you would do every week.

If you want or need to get home same night then you have to drive that highway back to Puerto Plata. I for one will NOT drive that at night! You are taking your life in your hands doing that....

dropitlikeithot

Jun 22, 2005
planner said:
Because after the concert you have to get your butt back to Puerto Plata or get a hotel room. Rooms there are not cheap. It is doable once in a while but not something you would do every week.

If you want or need to get home same night then you have to drive that highway back to Puerto Plata. I for one will NOT drive that at night! You are taking your life in your hands doing that....

i have driven from santiago to luperon at 11pm then drive back to santiago at 3am (same night). No problem. Just drive and don't stop for anyone to give a ride. And if you're in POP area and no fun, no concerts, and you're a tourist or someone who's on vacation then why not visit santiago. You can stay at a cheap hotel (bed, fan or a/c)... that's all you need to sleep. Rates go for RD$350-650 depending if you want fan or a/c.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I just wont' drive that road at night. It is hard to drive with headlights on bright right in your face, unknown road hazards, holes, trucks driving way too fast, not to mention drunks....

I'd rather stay over. So, where are those prices good for? Ineed to go sample Santiago night life soon!!

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
planner said:
I just wont' drive that road at night. It is hard to drive with headlights on bright right in your face, unknown road hazards, holes, trucks driving way too fast, not to mention drunks....

I'd rather stay over. So, where are those prices good for? Ineed to go sample Santiago night life soon!!
Hotel Colonial RD$500 a night

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Thanks Ricardo! I appreciate the info.

Janni, still tracking concerts for you. BUt, did not get your last email. Damn Verizon is still a problem

dropitlikeithot

Jun 22, 2005
planner said:

hotel La Rotonda (rd$350 w/fan; 450 a/c), close to Monte Bar las colinas and close to METRO bus (not sure if it's metro or not) but it's 1 block away from hotel.

another one is Alberto aparta/hotel Suites ~$400-600

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
A question before..

was about Rosario performing in POP.

It is Los Hermanos Rosario, performing July 15 at Roadway in Playa Dorada.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
HI Carina, where did you get that info? I was there on Thursday and they said nothing at all about that....

Just wondering on your source....LOL

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
planner said:
HI Carina, where did you get that info? I was there on Thursday and they said nothing at all about that....

Just wondering on your source....LOL

The marketing is being formed right now. Banners are up in town since yesterday and flyers will be ready by next week.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I saw the banner yesterday on my way home, thanks for letting us know. I will get some pricing shortly... that is if anyone actually knows yet!

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
planner said:
I saw the banner yesterday on my way home, thanks for letting us know. I will get some pricing shortly... that is if anyone actually knows yet!

I must add though, I don?t think this is Tony Rosario.. he would not be presented as Los hermanos Rosario..

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
That is correct. It is los hermanos rosario. I went by and confirmed everything! NO pricing yet on the concert.

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
planner said:
That is correct. It is los hermanos rosario. I went by and confirmed everything! NO pricing yet on the concert.

hmm very interesting, I might be in POP at that time if I am not stuck in the Santo Domingo Merengue Festival.
Is that a big place for a concert, Roadhouse, is there room to dance?

Looking forward to my first Juan Luis Guerra concert tomorrow in Rotterdam.

Bartolomeo

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Bartolomeo67 said:
hmm very interesting, I might be in POP at that time if I am not stuck in the Santo Domingo Merengue Festival.
Is that a big place for a concert, Roadhouse, is there room to dance?

Looking forward to my first Juan Luis Guerra concert tomorrow in Rotterdam.

Bartolomeo

Roadway is more like a countryclub...
You?ll get the experience of how a herring feels in a can.. ;)

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Country club - now that is good. It is the most amazing thing. they call themselves a western bar and grill. The only thing western is the wood floor and ugly cow vests they wear!!!

Bart it is a small club with a very small dance floor. It is aweful for a concert in my opinion. They cram waaaaaaaaaay too many people in there so they can make enough money. Forget trying to get a drink, a seat or room to dance.

But, los Hermanos Rosario are sooooooooooo good. I might have to go anyway.....