Upcoming conciertos in POP

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Los hermanos Rosario are kind of new merengue... Their most popular song is
La duena del swing, maybe you?ve heard it.
I checked with my son, he knows everything about music and performers around..
There must be a pricing set of course as the advertise.
A client of mine in Playa Dorada wrote an email that she bought tickets already today...

Last edited:

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Cool Carina, I will go by today and find out the pricing.

And Carina, you know better than to assume just because the advertise they have pricing set....LOL YOu and I would and many others would but here - you never know.

Obviously if your client bought tickets, they must be ready....LOL

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
planner said:
Cool Carina, I will go by today and find out the pricing.

And Carina, you know better than to assume just because the advertise they have pricing set....LOL YOu and I would and many others would but here - you never know.

Obviously if your client bought tickets, they must be ready....LOL

I don?t assume anything, but if they sell tickets it should be ready.
They are not working the way it should be done in other countries, but they are not completelys stupid. Let?s not push people down just because they are Dominicans and work another way, than we are not used to. ;)

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Not sure where that is coming from. I don't push anyone down, I call it like I see it.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
PeachezNcream84 said:
Why would they be banned? What happened? :eek:
They were suspended by the DR director of enterteinment because at a concert they were dancing way too dirty on stage with some wild fans.

I think that she was just upset because it was not her the one up on stage.

But they did cut up a deal and revoked their 1yr suspension as long as they paid almost half million dollars....

The truth is that Aventura is way overbooked as well as having to furfill a one year contract with the Dept of Tourism to represent the country abroad mostly in Europe.

jellylegs2002

Apr 9, 2005
I was there...

Hey, i was in playa dorada in July and DY wasn't there. roadway really is too small for that sorta thing, maybe you got the place wrong or something.

Janni

Mar 19, 2005
jellylegs2002 said:
Hey, i was in playa dorada in July and DY wasn't there. roadway really is too small for that sorta thing, maybe you got the place wrong or something.

Ya...I was there too and he wasn't there. I had heard he was going to be there in May....but it turned out that si, the place was too small.
Then I had heard that Tono Rosario was suppose to be there but he wasn't either. I think I better check out my source of info.....he's not batting very well in the concierto department!! He He! ;)

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Concert updates

Well it is a very slow season this year. Last year we had El Campito that seemed to run a fairly steady stream of concerts. Unfortunately they have gone out of business. I"m not sure they had a well thought out marketing plan, if they had one at all.

Roadway has been trying but unfortunately that venue is pretty small and restrictive.

I will keep you all posted on any live music going on that is beyond the "normal". For example, we often get Mergengue Tipico bands at Rancho Tipico. But I dont' post that as they are small fairly new or unheard of bands. However, when they do a name we recognize I will post it....

There is something coming up.... new thread to follow....

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
July 7...

...at Poli Deportivo in Puerto Plata.
Alexis & Fido "Los Pitbulls", Don Miguelo and El Rubiote.
Reggaeton all the way... A & F from PR, the others Dominicans..
Tkts from 200 pesos.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
carina said:
...at Poli Deportivo in Puerto Plata.
Alexis & Fido "Los Pitbulls", Don Miguelo and El Rubiote.
Reggaeton all the way... A & F from PR, the others Dominicans..
Tkts from 200 pesos.

Wow, I am behind my time... Of course AUG 7

GIgeorge

Aug 5, 2005
www.moviemaxter.com
Playa Dorada Activities of the next three days.

As everybody knows, monday is a hollyday, wich means that, most of the people dont work on Monday, because of that all the clubs are hosting different activities on the Long Weekend.

Roadway:

Tomorow Friday August 12, Marlboro Racing Team - "Free Admission"

Saturday August 13, Moreno Negro, - 200.00 pesos Admission. Member Free.

Sunday August 14, Laser Night - Free Admission.

Cofresi:

Cofresi is hosting this year, same as last "The Merengaso 2005" wich is a concert of "Merengue". Three days of fun, The Best merengue bands are gona be there, Friday, Saturday & Sunday. I dont know how much is gona cost, but i know is not free.

Mangu:

Well, is going to be open, no special activities anounced. It's gona be okey, usually the people that go Roadway, Hemingway's or Crazy, Eventually end up Here! Hahaha Funny.

Hemingway:

On Saturday Marlboro Racing Team. "YES AGAIN" Fos those who could mist it on friday at Roadway. Now you have the chance to see it next door on the next day.

That's it for all. Any questions, ill be glad to assist.

Last edited:

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Good update. The Merengue festival, according to the Hacienda hotel, is being run by a tour operator in Santo Domingo. T here are no tickets available. Unless you are a guest at the hotel you cannot get in!!!!

I tried.... so, now I am looking to go for the weekend.. woooo hoooooooo.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I saw that this morning too Carina. The sign says 9 pm but last time he showed up at 2:30 in the morning and played till 6 am. I wonder what time to show up???

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Concert in Puerto Plata Friday 11th

There is a concert at the Puntilla, Malecon this Friday ( 11th ) at 9.pm-
It is free, and features among others Tony Rosario, Yari Yari, Soy Feli and others.
The concert is arranged and sponsored by TV channel 10.
Should be fun!;)

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
laurapasinifan said:
Carina, do you know of any concerts between Nov 18th and nov 28th santiago or POP....... thanks...bob

Bob, there is the Brugal festival coming up late November here in POP.
That?ll be fun too!;)

Sep 19, 2005
any more specifics on that?...or a place i can find the info...date exactly the place.... even the times....friday and sat nights will be the 25th and 26th....I would think one or both of those days....is there a place where someone will be putting on a concert?......thanks...bob

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
I think the Brugal festival is Nov 27 - 30.
There is no official information yet that I have found on where.
Would be Central Park and/or Malecon though, only places here in Puerto Plata.