US man pleads guilty to child sex tourism charges

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Nothing at all, nor do i intend to (or did you miss my post on involvement in a dysfunctional system) nor do I sit around talking about something like child abuse with a passion. Do you think because you acknowledge there is child abuse you make a difference to anything?

I prefer to put my energy into things I enjoy rather than spewing the obvious with the crowd. I fail to see what the 'lets make a stand' people are accomplishing by nattering away, when you have attempted to make a difference then maybe the passion has more substance.

Actually, I`ve done volunteer work for institutions that help abused children. IMHO, even If you ever get to reach a small group or one person, it all matters!

Someone posted here about a pedophile watch group and many people literally trashed him/her.

You criticize Dominicans for sitting around and doing nothing about anything, but then you come here and sit around and do nothing, you actually contribute to the diysfunctional system! That`s interesting because as a foreign person you are set up with another mindset.

Let me give you an example with more trivial things. I remember someone posting here that they`ve got a huge electricity bill and other membes telling him that there was nothing to be done because this is the DR. The thing is that me and a dozen other people I know have got our electricity bills cut in half JUST BY COMPLAINING.

I`ve got a bunch of issues solved at the phone company, at the bank, etc, just BY COMPLAINING.

When you sit around and not only do nothing, but say there`s nothing to be done, you contibute to the problem and are bad as that lazy Dominican that you critizice so much.

Feb 15, 2005
As much as I loved my time spent in DR, I can't help to wonder how and why things are so screwed up there.

Let's be honest. The organized groups that push this are usually located right in the "good ole U.S.A". We can blame some of the incestuous nature of campesinos on ignorance and but the larger, child kidnapping (remember the "southeren church" group that took to Haiti looking to import post-earthquake children to the USA for body parts?) are based outside of the DR.

In San Jose Costa Rica, International Airport, they have notices in BOLD letters right in Immagration. You get caught having sex with a minor, you WILL get prosecuted. Why at the airport? Because most perverts come from the USA and European nations.

Sad but true.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Actually, I`ve done volunteer work for institutions that help abused children. IMHO, even If you ever get to reach a small group or one person, it all matters!

Someone posted here about a pedophile watch group and many people literally trashed him/her.

You criticize Dominicans for sitting around and doing nothing about anything, but then you come here and sit around and do nothing, you actually contribute to the diysfunctional system! That`s interesting because as a foreign person you are set up with another mindset.

Oh, very cunning questioning, you could have just said without forcing the question beforehand, doing something is not something to be ashamed of.

yes, a paedophiles watch group sounds silly, it is not wise to play at policing here.

i haven't criticized anyone for sitting around and doing nothing, I merely stated that this is what they tend to do. I enjoy sitting around and doing nothing as much as I can, but work restricts this, I am looking forward to when I can nothing full time, that is why I moved here, I think.

My mindset is logical, and realistic.

As for electricity bills? What are they?

Cable bill is huge but that's just because we have lots of crap for the girls to watch, can't help that.

Personally, there are many instances I just prefer to avoid the headache and accept it here, the mental abuse one can take trying to find logic can be serious, and that kind of thing is why I escaped hustle and bustle for an every man for himself society. Not for all, but I have better things to do with my time than stand in queues and protest over BS issues.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
I merely stated that this is what they tend to do. I enjoy sitting around and doing nothing as much as I can, but work restricts this, I am looking forward to when I can nothing full time, that is why I moved here, I think.

Personally, there are many instances I just prefer to avoid the headache and accept it here, the mental abuse one can take trying to find logic can be serious, and that kind of thing is why I escaped hustle and bustle for an every man for himself society. Not for all, but I have better things to do with my time than stand in queues and protest over BS issues.

Do you really? You are always complaining about how bored you are. You have even opened threads on how bored you are. You don`t sound like someone who actually enjoys sitting around doing nothing or has better things to do with his time!

Omar_NYC

Mar 22, 2013
Let's be honest. The organized groups that push this are usually located right in the "good ole U.S.A". We can blame some of the incestuous nature of campesinos on ignorance and but the larger, child kidnapping (remember the "southeren church" group that took to Haiti looking to import post-earthquake children to the USA for body parts?) are based outside of the DR.

In San Jose Costa Rica, International Airport, they have notices in BOLD letters right in Immagration. You get caught having sex with a minor, you WILL get prosecuted. Why at the airport? Because most perverts come from the USA and European nations.

Sad but true.

Definitely can't argue with you there. I know my country is full of scumbags too.

I guess it disappointed me more in DR because the atmosphere was so much more friendlier there. People were approachable, never really felt unsafe once I followed common sense safety.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
So You REALLY Want To HELP?????????????????

Then put your time, money, or BOTH in play!
DR1, and some of it's members have supported in the past, and continue to do so, many children's assistance projects.
We have held "Auctions" for "Children At Risk".(But not in TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Long!)
If you want to help the children of the DR, contact "HillBilly", Chip, or "La Profe".
They actually DO something to help kids.
Want to help the kids in Sosua????
Organize an "EVENT" to raise money.
I KNOW a "Dinner At "Rocky's" would be a success.
Get some "Prizes" donated, and have a "Raffle".
Have a "Food Drive" to feed homes with hungry kids, and'or adults.
"Shoot A Paedophile!":dead::dead::dead:
"Money TALKS, BULL$HIT" Walks!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Please, no more, "There are BAD people exploiting Dominican people, why don't you do something about it????"
Why don't YOU, actually DO something about it!

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Do you really? You are always complaining about how bored you are. You have even opened threads on how bored you are. You don`t sound like someone who actually enjoys sitting around doing nothing or has better things to do with his time!

I don't really get time to be bored these days, but just remind me, where exactly are my many threads on being bored?
A job, a family and a sexy young wife is the staple diet of any life loving man in this isle. At this point I think I'm pretty content. I have mentioned many times to people that without these things this country is deadly boring, but can't remember myself being constantly bored.

J.Baby

Dec 23, 2012
As a mother and a human being, I cannot for a second listen to excuses for these sick monsters. Saying that locals have relationships with teenagers does not excuse this behaviour.

I know from experience and education that a young girl duped into a relationship with a man old enough to be her father, often belies issues that began at home with the lack of a father figure. Fixing the problem of absentee fathers here on this island however is beyond my ability to help. The most I can do is continue to learn spanish in the hopes that I can help these kids, whether it's through volunteer work, or mentoring.

This situation is not a joking matter. There should be no LOL's on this thread. Any time a child is abused, or taken advantage of, it is never a joke. Countries where there is a level of poverty often beget this type of abuse, especially in a country where so many children are without proper supervision.

The orphanages here are full of children who cannot return home due to such abuse, and also full of children who through no fault of their own ended up in those orphanages due to a lack of home, which led to abuse.

More of us need to band together to help the children here. Instead of saying, the families are the problem, it's the polices problem to solve. There are foundations, orphanages ect. that you can support. It is easy to turn a blind eye, when the problem ruins our time at the beach.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"JBABY", many?, Most?, well actually "ALL" threads on DR1 get "LOLs" at some point!
Those of us who have survived the DR, and are still here after 10,20, or even 50 years have realized that you either see the irony and humor, in all too many sorry situations, go nuts, or just leave.
I was a medic in Vietnam, when a guy got both legs blown off, we said he was "Getting Short", or can I have your boots?
It's called "Gallows Humor"!
Don't judge us too harshly, we are just entertaining our selves.
As far as "Sexy Young Wives" is concerned, I HAD one.
Now, after 3 kids, and 18 years together, She is an "Old Lady" of 36, and still pretty "SEXY".
And they said it would never last!
My "Parents-In-Law, who have lived with us for about 10 years, plan to renew their wedding vows next year, for their 50th.!
We have "Family Dinners" here once a week.
They have 7 children, all have wives and/or husbands, who fathered their children, and are STILL together.
They grew up "Dirt Poor" in a "Hot Barrio", Simon Bolivar, here in SD.
Having a really strong marriage, inspires the same.
It ain't about the MONEY, it's about sacrifice and LOVE!
Both are in short supply here in the DR!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
EXCEPT for every Dominican Chip has EVER met, that is!

J.Baby

Dec 23, 2012
Criss
There is no irony or humor in a child getting raped.

There is no LOL that can be applied to a foreigner coming here to rape children.

I hope once I am here for 10+ years, I do not become so accustomed to such tragedies, that I can make a joke.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Criss
There is no irony or humor in a child getting raped.

There is no LOL that can be applied to a foreigner coming here to rape children.

I hope once I am here for 10+ years, I do not become so accustomed to such tragedies, that I can make a joke.

Just two question are these same issues not in your homeland??? Why focus attention on DR when your birth country have the same issues??

Children are raped daily all over the globe and it is far more prevalent in countries like DR, because of lack of education and lack of resources.

If you are in DR saving children from being raped and children in Canada are being raped in the mean time, we aren't much of a hero are we?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
J.Baby", don't worry, YOU will be lucky to last 10 months, let alone 10 years!
AND, if you have anything to say to me, post it here, NOT in a "Private Message".
I would like others to see the "Real You", not just me!
I would post your "PM" to me here, but I ain't smart enough to do so.
Lets just say, I have no plans to be "Buggered repeatedly, and without mercy" as you had hoped.
I, unlike you, have never experienced that pleasure. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
I offered you an "Olive Branch", but you just want to shove it up my "CCCCCCCCCulo"" :eek::eek::eek:
Cris "CULON"
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

J.Baby

Dec 23, 2012
It is not possible for someone to put on a cape and a mask and save all the children of the world from sex abuse.

The main differance between Canada and DR is this: Canada has a huge budget for the care of abused children, foster homes, and counselling and education of those children. Most of the orphanages here in the DR receive no funding or little funding from the government.

Also: Canada does not have children wandering the beach or the streets selling peanuts or shining shoes; those kids are easy prey for sick people. Those children also have a limited future, because they are not in school.

Lastly: Canada does not have an impoverished nation such as Haiti next door, which is a ripe picking ground for children to exploit by sick sick people.

I do believe charity starts at home. But the DR is my home too. The need here is much greater. The resources are not as available as they are in Canada. I do volunteer at home however. Not because the need is so great, but because I like to.

Last but not least: I don't wish to be a hero. I am just trying to remind some immature people, that child sex abuse isn't a joke, or even something to joke about.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
It is not possible for someone to put on a cape and a mask and save all the children of the world from sex abuse.

The main differance between Canada and DR is this: Canada has a huge budget for the care of abused children, foster homes, and counselling and education of those children. Most of the orphanages here in the DR receive no funding or little funding from the government.

Also: Canada does not have children wandering the beach or the streets selling peanuts or shining shoes; those kids are easy prey for sick people. Those children also have a limited future, because they are not in school.

Lastly: Canada does not have an impoverished nation such as Haiti next door, which is a ripe picking ground for children to exploit by sick sick people.

I do believe charity starts at home. But the DR is my home too. The need here is much greater. The resources are not as available as they are in Canada. I do volunteer at home however. Not because the need is so great, but because I like to.

Last but not least: I don't wish to be a hero. I am just trying to remind some immature people, that child sex abuse isn't a joke, or even something to joke about.

Okay I like this, but let me share a story with you if I may:

Once I was hanging out with my ex wife family and friends at Boca Chica on a Sunday very crowded on this day at the beach. Young kids go up and down the beach trying to sale everything under the sun and one little boy came to our table while we were eating and wanted to sell us I think it was those cherry thingys or something I can't remember because it is so many people on that beach with something to sell. My wife asked him was he hungry and I though we were going to order him some food, but wel continue to eat while he sat on the sand and waited, then his little sister appeared out of nowhere and she joined him on the sand and waited next to her brother.

Now what happen next to this day makes me sick to my stomach after we all finished eating her aunt took all the scraps off of everyone plate and pile it all on to one plate and gave it to the little boy and his sister like you would do for animals. I could not believe what I witness and I can't believe they made me a part of that. I had money in wallet I could have purchase the two kids their own food they DID NOT need to eat my scraps of leftover food.

Then I asked the little boy did they want something to drink, and my ex wife tryed to give him some soda in a cup that she had been drinking and I am thinking in my head( what the f*ck is wrong with you son) so I gave my wife back her cup and called the waiter to bring a bottle of soda to the kids.

After the kids finished their meal they thanked us and walked off as I sat in anger and disbelief that I was a part of this family. I told my wife I had to go to the bathroom and so it will be like 3 mile walk to the bathroom LOL, but what I really did was go find those two kids and ask did they want something else to eat or some ice cream or something, so the three of us went to buy ice cream and I gave him money because it was the least I could do for disrespecting him and his little sister.

Now J Baby if some Dominicans (NOT ALL geez cjp2010) do not respect children enough to buy them a plate of food and not some table scraps how are they going to fight a major problem like keeping the "child sex tourism" out of DR and prevent Dominicans from commiting these crimes as well.

I was weak for not standing up for the kids infront of my ex wife and her family, because I would have never let that stand on American soil, but you will see the Dominican Republic is a whole other beast.

J.Baby

Dec 23, 2012
I don't even know what to think of that story. I mean, at least they were feeding them, which is something. But I agree with you that table scraps are for dogs.

I had a similar experience at a beach cafe. I had ordered a thin crust pizza. I called over the local peanut selling children to take the slices that I could not finish. There was one slice I had taken a few bites out of. I didn't even think of giving it to them, but they gestured that they wanted it. So they took it. I guess when you are hungry, food is food.

There is a lot of the mentality that has to change around here regarding children. Not just for the locals, but for the tourists as well. I myself am guilty of not knowing what to do. In the beginning I would buy whatever these children were selling, and finally a good friend of mine pointed out to me that these children were not getting to keep the money. So my donations were useless. Now I buy them drinks, cookies, milk. I figure they must be thirsty trekking up and down the beach all day. I figure milk must not be easily available to them. I try not to give them candy or too much junk because I don't think they have access to regular dental appointments.

It's hard to know what to do when there is no protocol. You may do what you think is right, and then find out your not helping in the right way. It is especially hard when the locals themselves do not see the tragedy. That was when I started looking into helping the kids that are in the orphanages. The more support these organizations receive, the more kids they can help. I hope.

As for the child sex tourism. All we can do is lead by example that it is wrong. The reason why it doesn't occur as much in other places is not only because the countries are richer, but because it is seen as wrong and not tolerated.

If the majority of tourists and ex pats won't stand for it, and stand up against it; it is a start. Even if it is only a little start.

Even though I feel the way I do, it would be very hard for me to say something to a tourist sitting at a bar with a girl I believed to be underage. Although I did say something to one of my neighbours, and the only result was him being more sneaky. So now we just don't have to see him walk by with a girl that looks young enough to be his granddaughter. (there was no way for me to tell if she was legal)

Anyone out there with more experience here have anything to weigh in on the proper protocol when the chica looks too young? Would a call to the police garner anything more than trouble for the caller?

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Then put your time, money, or BOTH in play!
DR1, and some of it's members have supported in the past, and continue to do so, many children's assistance projects.
We have held "Auctions" for "Children At Risk".(But not in TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Long!)
If you want to help the children of the DR, contact "HillBilly", Chip, or "La Profe".
They actually DO something to help kids.
Want to help the kids in Sosua????
Organize an "EVENT" to raise money.
I KNOW a "Dinner At "Rocky's" would be a success.
Get some "Prizes" donated, and have a "Raffle".
Have a "Food Drive" to feed homes with hungry kids, and'or adults.
"Shoot A Paedophile!":dead::dead::dead:
"Money TALKS, BULL$HIT" Walks!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Please, no more, "There are BAD people exploiting Dominican people, why don't you do something about it????"
Why don't YOU, actually DO something about it!

I`m NOT the one sitting around telling others who are actually doing something that there is nothing to be done about anything.
If someone is giving out flyers with information on STDs they ARE doing something. No need to make fun of them because they are not on the Charity of your choice. They are doing what they can!!!

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
I don't really get time to be bored these days, but just remind me, where exactly are my many threads on being bored?
A job, a family and a sexy young wife is the staple diet of any life loving man in this isle. At this point I think I'm pretty content. I have mentioned many times to people that without these things this country is deadly boring, but can't remember myself being constantly bored.

I`m glad you don`t get bored THESE DAYS!