US Movie Filming in Juan Dolio - Cancelled; One Party Injured with Gun Shot Wounds

Meat

Aug 3, 2020
DR
I've worked on production. Just because they were out at 11:00 pm scouting locations doesn't mean they were looking for prostitutes and drugs. It is definitely possible, but usually crew are working hard 24/7 to get a film finished in 24-30 days because they don't have an unlimited budget, and they are not running around doing drugs and partying. If they were going to shoot a night scene they would be scouting at night because it would not look the same during the day.

But, the bottom line is they ran from the police. This is the bad idea. It's not clear why they ran. If they are typical US citizens they didn't speak Spanish they might have just been terrified by guys coming at them with guns.

SO, it's definitely possible they were out looking for drugs and hookers and fleeing the police but there's also another story that could be true. :)
Actually, after being cooped up...if I had a free pass to cruise around the city with no traffic all night and no one else around...hmmm I would probably do burnouts everywhere. You can find the other stuff anytime. But choose your own adventure :)

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
Actually, after being cooped up...if I had a free pass to cruise around the city with no traffic all night and no one else around...hmmm I would probably do burnouts everywhere. You can find the other stuff anytime. But choose your own adventure :)
What could go wrong?

Administration

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
dr1.com
FWIW, you're the first one to mention prostitutes and drugs in this thread.

I can understand why they ran since it was undercover policemen. I think shooting at them was excessive use of force.

I missed the part about 'undercover'.
I was only saying just because they were out scouting at 11pm does not mean they were necessarily looking for drugs and hookers. Maybe they were, that's possible. But it's common that they would actually be out scouting for a location and not looking for trouble.

So here's my thoughts on it. To shoot in DR and get a tax credit I think the minimum is 5 million bucks US? Unless they just really love DR and were shooting here anyway. I've seen films do DR but it looks like they might have shot here one day, it's obvious they are shooting in miami. Like no bars in the windows, the police in the film are driving chevy and ford police cars, that sort of thing.

So there's someone in charge of the project, and a crew member or a few guys get busted by the cops and supposedly the crew guys were looking for drugs, etc. What's strange is the guy in charge is going to pull the plug on the whole deal over that? If they were actually out looking for drugs etc they'd probably be put out on their own on that one.

But if these guys were out scouting they should have (and probably did?) a local with them. I'm pretty sure when this film crew showed up they had local guys popping up out of the woodwork offering services. Because here are guys from Hollywood who have money and they need things.

Reactions: JD Jones

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
The reality is this........
All filming occurs within the Pinewood Studio complex.
This is why the development was constructed in the first place.
THERE IS ABSOLUTELY ZERO REASON FOR THESE PERSONS TO BE OUT AND ABOUT "SCOUTING" FILM LOCATIONS.
Sometimes the answers are right in front of you, whether you choose to accept them or not.
Life is not difficult, unless you allow others to make it seem as such for you.
This event, and what transpired, is quite simple to understand for those who can take the blinders off.

Reactions: JD Jones and slowmo