Vaccine Card Not Valid Outside DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Linking your personal information together on a single platform to better identify you is one thing, but restricting your social life, movements and even purchases based on that information is another. And that's the real threat coming with digital ID.

Have you ever been restricted in your social life and movements solely based your personal information?

Because I was specifically referring to the potential new social restrictions that will be imposed after everyone gets used to show their vax pass everywhere they go.

We know the narrative on the "dangers of climate change" is increasing in mainstream media, you hear about it every day now, notice they even changed the term "climate change" to "climate urgency" to stress on the emergency of it...
so I'm pretty sure the next social restrictions and lockdowns after this pandemic is over will be based on "climate urgency", I can bet all my pesos on that.
And you know those new social restrictions will be extremely easy to impose on the population now that everyone has gotten used to being restricted anyway (since covid started).
It's never too late until it's too late.
Welcome to the new normal.

Reactions: DR fan1990

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I'll tell you why it happened and save you some time asking others.
(you can thank me later)
It happened because you are in the Dominica Republic.
Having spent years working in an industry where data entry mistakes can make or break the bank...
It's normal.
This whole vaccine push has been plagued with problems from day one.
It’s Dominican Republic. Apart from that yes it’s not particularly well organized. The vax card thing. Not working but more people got vaccinated. I finally got my second jab. And they did use it for their propaganda as CNN ran a piece about how you have to show the vax card at restaurants and shops etc . Then the whole vaccination process and choice of vaccines. Why did we get Sinovac ? We got it because that’s what was available. Why is Pfizer the booster ? Because that was the next one that was available. I was just sick with stomach issues, then some fever, pain all over and some shortness of breath. It spanned over 10 days thinking I was fine again then ending with the 2-3 days fever. I don’t know if it was Covid, Flu, a cold or a stomach bug.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
It’s Dominican Republic. Apart from that yes it’s not particularly well organized. The vax card thing. Not working but more people got vaccinated. I finally got my second jab. And they did use it for their propaganda as CNN ran a piece about how you have to show the vax card at restaurants and shops etc . Then the whole vaccination process and choice of vaccines. Why did we get Sinovac ? We got it because that’s what was available. Why is Pfizer the booster ? Because that was the next one that was available. I was just sick with stomach issues, then some fever, pain all over and some shortness of breath. It spanned over 10 days thinking I was fine again then ending with the 2-3 days fever. I don’t know if it was Covid, Flu, a cold or a stomach bug.
It's Dominican Republic, lol.
Indeed it is.
The Vaccine War continues...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Linking your personal information together on a single platform to better identify you is one thing, but restricting your social life, movements and even purchases based on that information is another. And that's the real threat coming with digital ID.

Have you ever been restricted in your social life and movements solely based your personal information?

Yes. The US government would prefer I not visit Cuba and several other countries. I felt no reason to go to any of them, but if I had a reason, I might have felt restricted.

In my professional life as a director of sales, when I worked for a company selling to the military industrial complex there were countries that were forbidden to sell to like Iran. Iraq, Libya, North Korea, China, Russia and several others. That cut into my sales commission potential or I could have retired before I did at age 48.
Because I was specifically referring to the potential new social restrictions that will be imposed after everyone gets used to show their vax pass everywhere they go.
I am fully aware that there is a two tiered society of the vaxed versus the unvaxed. That developed quite early in the pandemic which is now an endemic.
We know the narrative on the "dangers of climate change" is increasing in mainstream media, you hear about it every day now, notice they even changed the term "climate change" to "climate urgency" to stress on the emergency of it...
so I'm pretty sure the next social restrictions and lockdowns after this pandemic is over will be based on "climate urgency", I can bet all my pesos on that.
And you know those new social restrictions will be extremely easy to impose on the population now that everyone has gotten used to being restricted anyway (since covid started).
Climate change has zero to do with this thread. But if you think it does, carry on.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
This past weekend I finally was able to get my QR code after several weeks of waiting.

I then entered my wife's information and within 5 minutes she had her QR code.

HDR

Nov 21, 2012
This past weekend I finally was able to get my QR code after several weeks of waiting.

Did you also get this e-mail (see below) and had to go to Puerto Plata?

"¡Agradecemos su solicitud para generar su Certificado de Vacunación!

Lamentamos informarle que este no pudo ser generado. Favor dirigirse a su Dirección Provincial de Salud (DPS) correspondiente para obtener su documento de vacunación de manera física.

Si necesita más información para conocer la dirección y horario de servicio de su Dirección Provincial de Salud más cercana o tiene alguna duda marque *822 o por favor escríbenos a soporte.certificado@vacunate.gob.do

Atentamente,

Soporte VacúnateRD"

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Did you also get this e-mail (see below) and had to go to Puerto Plata?

"¡Agradecemos su solicitud para generar su Certificado de Vacunación!

Lamentamos informarle que este no pudo ser generado. Favor dirigirse a su Dirección Provincial de Salud (DPS) correspondiente para obtener su documento de vacunación de manera física.

Si necesita más información para conocer la dirección y horario de servicio de su Dirección Provincial de Salud más cercana o tiene alguna duda marque *822 o por favor escríbenos a soporte.certificado@vacunate.gob.do

Atentamente,

Soporte VacúnateRD"
No, I just got an email that I could get my QR code on line and I did. No trip needed to anywhere.

Reactions: HDR

HDR

Nov 21, 2012
No, I just got an email that I could get my QR code on line and I did. No trip needed to anywhere.
I did my vaccine card with my passport, not my cedula bc I was going to travel and thought that would be better. Maybe that´s why. :unsure: That said, not sure I will go there, should I? Will travel next summer and the QR-code will probably be expired. Booster etc.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I did my vaccine card with my passport, not my cedula bc I was going to travel and thought that would be better. Maybe that´s why. :unsure: That said, not sure I will go there, should I? Will travel next summer and the QR-code will probably be expired. Booster etc.
That all depends on if you need it for anything else.

As of December 1 the vaccine mandate for public spaces in the DR is allegedly going to be enforced.
So far, reduced sized laminated copies of the vaccine certificate have worked to enter restricted spaces.

Booster requirements to maintain a current QR code and vaccines status remain TBD.

HDR

Nov 21, 2012
That all depends on if you need it for anything else.

As of December 1 the vaccine mandate for public spaces in the DR is allegedly going to be enforced.
So far, reduced sized laminated copies of the vaccine certificate have worked to enter restricted spaces.

Booster requirements to maintain a current QR code and vaccines status remain TBD.
I have a photo of the vaccine card in my phone and that works, when asked... Lately they have not even asked about it at the big super markets.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
have tried to reenter my info (selfi, cedula) now all I get is an error after doing the selfi. screw it.! Never received a code!!!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I have a photo of the vaccine card in my phone and that works, when asked... Lately they have not even asked about it at the big super markets.
They are supposed to ask for certain after December 1. Are they not complying with the government regulations now?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
It's never too late until it's too late.
Welcome to the new normal.
D8AFB349-3981-45EB-8AED-B72EEA63968C.jpeg

David61

Mar 17, 2007
Not just banks. Government offices as well.
Where and what is the location if I only have usa passport and need to get a medical statement stating I got the vacination since I can't use the paper vaccination card when traveling international

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Where and what is the location if I only have usa passport and need to get a medical statement stating I got the vacination since I can't use the paper vaccination card when traveling international
The local health department office near where you live would be a place to start. I suggest trying one more time on line. https://vacunate.gob.do

Traffic fines are already there.... on your record

Try renewing your license..... they had me back to 2013
You actually give the corrupt Dominican police your Dominican license when they stop you?
Try giving them your American driver’s license (or that of whatever country you’re from) and pretend that you speak no Spanish and watch how quickly they wave you on without tickets and bribe requests, etc.
It’s worked for me for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.