Video about why people are moving to the North Coast

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
I wonder if they went to the Cabarete Coffee Company? I never went there.
Talk about an overpriced disappointing experience. I never understood, it’s not that hard to roast coffee. For 50 pesos you go to the colmado and get a foam cup of bad coffee. At Cab coffee you can pay 250 for the same only brewed a bit stronger. It’s all the same bad coffee. I only ever drank Bustelo. Back in US I have the Bustelo Black label espresso roast which, for 6.xx dollars is delicious. In Cab I always had to fork over the now more than RD500/10oz can of the red label but considering the DR’s worst (Cafe Dingo) now rings up at 300/pound, def worth the extra 4 bucks.

Reactions: Big

Big

Apr 24, 2019
now that Elvis's bar is closed as is the French restaurant next door on the ocean, my Cab visits are much less frequent. I do like to stay at the Velero hotel and enjoy their pool.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Talk about an overpriced disappointing experience. I never understood, it’s not that hard to roast coffee. For 50 pesos you go to the colmado and get a foam cup of bad coffee. At Cab coffee you can pay 250 for the same only brewed a bit stronger. It’s all the same bad coffee. I only ever drank Bustelo. Back in US I have the Bustelo Black label espresso roast which, for 6.xx dollars is delicious. In Cab I always had to fork over the now more than RD500/10oz can of the red label but considering the DR’s worst (Cafe Dingo) now rings up at 300/pound, def worth the extra 4 bucks.
Never had Bustelo. But then I prefer tea from the up country of Sri Lanka. Hard to get here.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I think it was some French place, closed. Not Friends. Was that the French restaurant near the ocean east of Velero? Never went.

Where was Elvis? That the whore house that moved from Sosua and Cabarete shut down?
Moved from Cab to Sosua. It was a famous bar/watering hole/ gathering spot for all. I doubt you you went. It was a very social spot.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I loved that French place. I think the owner and his son moved it to Las Terranas. Class joint. Did not need to walk through the sand to your table.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I think it was some French place, closed. Not Friends. Was that the French restaurant near the ocean east of Velero? Never went.

Where was Elvis? That the whore house that moved from Sosua and Cabarete shut down?
Elvis was in that small bar across the street from Valero. The bar is still there as far as I know(?).

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Moved from Cab to Sosua. It was a famous bar/watering hole/ gathering spot for all. I doubt you you went. It was a very social spot.
It was the whore house. That is what you meant by the code word "social". Yep, Cabarete closed them down for promoting prostitution.

• Wow
Reactions: CristoRey

Big

Apr 24, 2019
It was the whore house. That is what you meant by the code word "social". Yep, Cabarete closed them down for promoting prostitution.
I know you have a serious problem with woman and the men that seek their companionship. Thats your problem. The fact of the matter is, the restaurant/bar was a gathering spot for many as it was strategically located next to several hotels and condos. You might try socializing, its healthy.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I know you have a serious problem with woman and the men that seek their companionship. Thats your problem. The fact of the matter is, the restaurant/bar was a gathering spot for many as it was strategically located next to several hotels and condos. You might try socializing, its healthy.
I have NO problem with prostitution. I pointed out that the government of Cabarete shut them down. You constantly read into it and you are wrong about my position on the topic. I have never had an issue with what two consenting adults do between themselves. It ain't a problem I have. The government shuts down places like that which promote prostitution since that is illegal. It seems you have a problem with the government doing that, no?

Big

Apr 24, 2019
An agreement between a who-are and a solicitor is not illegal. When a third party is brokering (and in turn receiving compensation) said agreement, this is known as procurement and in that lies the illegal aspect.
agreed! the other poster is constantly disparaging woman and the men that enjoy their company. As a matter of fact, there is not too many topics he is positive about.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
agreed! the other poster is constantly disparaging woman and the men that enjoy their company. As a matter of fact, there is not too many topics he is positive about.
And so it goes. I call it like I see it. Once again it is the DR government that deals with the issues of whores and whore mongers. I could care less what consenting adults do.

Reactions: Manuel01

Big

Apr 24, 2019
And so it goes. I call it like I see it. Once again it is the DR government that deals with the issues of whores and whore mongers. I could care less what consenting adults do.
O.K angry man. I guess you asked about a tip jar and rental rooms for entertainment. Just a reminder, you also reported that Sosua was being transformed into a family friendly town.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I have NO problem with prostitution. I pointed out that the government of Cabarete shut them down. You constantly read into it and you are wrong about my position on the topic. I have never had an issue with what two consenting adults do between themselves. It ain't a problem I have. The government shuts down places like that which promote prostitution since that is illegal. It seems you have a problem with the government doing that, no?
this is completely false. S.D is full of brothels. There is 1/2 dozen within walking distance to the Pres palace. FYI, there is life outside of Cabarete.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
this is completely false. S.D is full of brothels. There is 1/2 dozen within walking distance to the Pres palace. FYI, there is life outside of Cabarete.
Do those whore houses promote prostitution using pimps or advertising? Or is it a one on one negotiation between the John and hooker?

I prefer Cabarete, but I know it is just me and the hundreds moving in... I wish they would stop coming.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
O.K angry man. I guess you asked about a tip jar and rental rooms for entertainment. Just a reminder, you also reported that Sosua was being transformed into a family friendly town.
Where did I talk about a tip jar?

Rental rooms for entertainment? What does that even mean?

I never reported that Sosua was going to be family friendly as my opinion. I said it was a government goal for Sosua.
Once again, you miss the point completely and think I am the one advocating what the government wants.
All I did was post what I read about in the news regarding whores, whoremongers and government interest in Sosua.
Some people still think Sosua is just one street.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Where did I talk about a tip jar?

Rental rooms for entertainment? What does that even mean?

I never reported that Sosua was going to be family friendly as my opinion. I said it was a government goal for Sosua.
Once again, you miss the point completely and think I am the one advocating what the government wants.
All I did was post what I read about in the news regarding whores, whoremongers and government interest in Sosua.
Some people still think Sosua is just one street.
you don't even remember your own posts. Which leads me to believe you need a hobby. You carried on with countless posts about the inevitable changes coming to Sosua and the north coast regarding the chicas and the gentleman that seek their company. Sosua is still what it always has been. Your vision of a family utopia has not come to fruition. Your constant disparaging comments about woman are as bizarre as your obsession with tourist card overstayers. Take up golf, the country has some fabulous golf courses. I play them all.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
you don't even remember your own posts. Which leads me to believe you need a hobby. You carried on with countless posts about the inevitable changes coming to Sosua and the north coast regarding the chicas and the gentleman that seek their company. Sosua is still what it always has been. Your vision of a family utopia has not come to fruition. Your constant disparaging comments about woman are as bizarre as your obsession with tourist card overstayers. Take up golf, the country has some fabulous golf courses. I play them all.
Uhm, once again, I posted about government plans to reduce the optics created by what some call the Muppets that went to Sosua and posted their Sexploits on the Internet. This was NEWS, Not my opinions on the matter. But you perceive them as , for some reason, my opinions. It was my opinion that the replacing the squalid shacks on Sosua beach would be done. The government said they would replace them and nobody believed that would happen and now there are plazas under infinitely long construction to do so.

I have NO vision of family utopia here. None whatsoever . Those visions come from Santo Domingo. I don't want more people to come, but there are dozens of housing projects now to attract them. One less then 50 feet from my house. Those that come and stay illegally should be deported. Same as all illegals. But the government gives tourist card people privilege's outside the laws.

I was going to start to play golf when I was 50. But I missed that window by 20 years. Oh well. There is some news on the golf scene I am still not allowed to post. Maybe in a few weeks on that. Stay tuned for updates

You clearly don't get much of what I post as not being from me, but rather the DR government.