Wanna see what a chopa's car looks like?

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
What I've understood the word to mean is someone that has no class, no manners, ...... trash. Someone who your parents wouldn't be happy if you brought them home and said..... this is my new BF or GF. or you wouldn't be happy if your kid brought them home.

dr_qt

Jun 7, 2007
Someone who your parents wouldn't be happy if you brought them home and said..... this is my new BF or GF. or you wouldn't be happy if your kid brought them home.

So then according to my parents that would be 90% of the population.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
So then according to my parents that would be 90% of the population.
Let's be realistic, are you going to date 1% of the population? I doubt it.

And how many people are you searching to spend the rest of your life together? Most people want one person, statistically speaking that would be less than 1% of the population and by less, I mean extremely less.

If your parents would accept 10% of the population as suitable mates for you, consider yourself lucky. That's a lot of people to choose from.

-NALs

Kaki

Sep 18, 2005
My family would be judging my boys shoes then...he walks. But, for shoes, he's got the hanging dice and evergreen scented air freshener!

Kaki

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
Remember when your parents would yell and say..... "If you keep doing xxxxx you'll never amount to anything"??? Well, that's what happened with the chopo/a. They never amounted to anything and never will.

No job, or low paying job... not because there aren't any to be had but they are UNABLE to do anything else. Lack of skills, lack of education. They never applied themselves. Can't be bothered.

A loser???

I suppose there are degrees of the word. At one end of the spectrum you have no manners and at the other extreme you would have the gold digger.

This is my understanding of the word. If I'm wrong correct me.

Last edited:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Quien sabe.....

This is a super chopa who drives around in santiago. whats a taste in car decoration. I wonder if she is a dom-york.
Oye brotha, are you sure it doesn't belong to a chop"O" and not a chop"A"?.

Or perhaps a Sankie since they "swing" both ways, hahahaha!!.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I once spanked my youngest son because he called a young girl a chopa. it is very disrespectful.

On these pages, our friend AZB has made the word a synonym for trashy, but withing the Dominican context, it is much worse than that.

Don't use it in polite conversation.

HB

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
Hmm, maybe we all need to consider moving to Pakistan. I could start up a website, PK1, become a spare time chiropractor and start talking about all the trashy chicks and their rickshaw chopos (rickpos?) in Islamabad....:squareeye

Pakistan isn't such a bad place to live - and you would have to cover 'Pindi for rickshaw and tucktuck drivers - they aren't allowed in Islamabad. I guess that makes Islamabad the Pakistan equivalent of Santiago. :cheeky:

I do vote for a Pakistan driver though - just need to add some of the "jingle chains" to the bumpers.

AZB you should be happy to know that the Pakistan women's soccer team just beat the Afghanistan women in the 3rd annual championship last weekend. So they can do something other than make babies.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
No, Berzin...not from Miami...even smack in the middle of the Dominican neighborhood here you don't see anything like that...

Music, maybe a little more north - I did see some stuff like this in Florida. No in South Miami - Fo Sho!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Pakistan isn't such a bad place to live - and you would have to cover 'Pindi for rickshaw and tucktuck drivers - they aren't allowed in Islamabad. I guess that makes Islamabad the Pakistan equivalent of Santiago. :cheeky:

I do vote for a Pakistan driver though - just need to add some of the "jingle chains" to the bumpers.

AZB you should be happy to know that the Pakistan women's soccer team just beat the Afghanistan women in the 3rd annual championship last weekend. So they can do something other than make babies.

Tucktuck doesn't exist in pakistan, you are confusing it with thailand.
I still think we should take away women's right to vote and confiscate their driving licenses all over the world. This would make this world a much safer place to live for all of us.
AZB

P.S. the pakistani women's soccer team won just because they were playing in smaller burkhas than the taliban women.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Correcto....

I once spanked my youngest son because he called a young girl a chopa. it is very disrespectful.

Don't use it in polite conversation.

HB
Seriously, I remember when calling someone a chopo or chopa in the DR was a death sentence for the person saying it!.

I saw with my own eyes people getting beaten to a pulp for calling someone a chopo!.

Believe it or not people, once upon a time, being called a chopo was worse than being called a Sankie.

NOT ANYMORE, but it was!.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Along those lines, I find that the word Sankie is more mainstream now and people are using it alot more often now. It is probably because of the movies and comedy skits that are focusing on it now. Is it ok to call someone that in DR now?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I only use this world here, never when I am speaking to respectable Dominicans. I do remember an American friend of mine from DR1 used this word in a gathering where many respectable dominicans were present. It was like a shock to hear this world coming out of his mouth. So I quickly had to make a joke about it. so people could laugh it off.
AZB

pkaide1

Bronze
Aug 10, 2005
This is a super chopa who drives around in santiago. whats a taste in car decoration. I wonder if she is a dom-york.

5zdemm8.jpg

What is wrong with such a piece of art.

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
Tucktuck doesn't exist in pakistan, you are confusing it with thailand.
I still think we should take away women's right to vote and confiscate their driving licenses all over the world. This would make this world a much safer place to live for all of us.
AZB

P.S. the pakistani women's soccer team won just because they were playing in smaller burkhas than the taliban women.

I don't know about women not driving - it was a male tucktuck driver that almost ran into my car in Pindi. :cross-eye Tucktucks are all over Southern Asia.

I think it is the men that get in the way of the ladies - how else to explain such bad traffic in both DR and Pakistan :cheeky:- most of the drivers in both places are male and very very few can drive worth a hoot. (DR is easier place to drive than Pakistan though)

Only burkhas I saw at the game were in the crowd - it was a bit different to see all the women playing in long sweat pants instead of shorts. Let me know if you are coming to visit Pakistan - I will let you buy some beer off my liquor license. ;)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Let me know if you are coming to visit Pakistan - I will let you buy some beer off my liquor license. ;)

Now we are talking. Friends for life!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahaha
I have been twice to pakistan since I left in 1976.
We do have tuck tuck type vehicles but I am sure we don't call them tuck tuck. I hardly remember pindi, when i was a kid, I remember more karachi than another place in pakistan. Now then I went back there about 3 yrs ago, everything has changed so much. Pakistan is not what i used to remember. You are right, it may not be a bad place to live if one is loaded. I am doing just fine here in Dominican republic living among my infidel friends. Next month I will be going to Colombia to sink deeper into sins.
I am not much of a drinker and can live without drinks for months but Thanks for the offer anyway, I just might consider it.
AZB