Warning PCR test will be required to enter Canada with in 3 days of arrival

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Where in the hell are we supposed to get a PCR test within three days of leaving DR?
Think of timelines , possible appointments requirements, I have to travel an hour to get the test ... $2000.oo taxi , Test $???, then get the online Exit DR document, Plus the PCR is not that accurate.

Reactions: DR fan1990

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Where in the hell are we supposed to get a PCR test within three days of leaving DR?
Think of timelines , possible appointments requirements, I have to travel an hour to get the test ... $2000.oo taxi , Test $???, then get the online Exit DR document, Plus the PCR is not that accurate.
Are you Canadian, eh?

It would be hilarious if Canada imposed this on their own citizens and legal residents, but I don't think they did. Those people would just get to sit at home for 2 weeks:

Blair noted the government cannot prevent Canadians from coming home, but the law does require travellers to quarantine for 14 days after arrival.

Returning Canadians have a moral and legal obligation to quarantine to protect their families, friends and communities, Blair said, signalling that this applies even to politicians who have fled the snow for a sunny beach.

Reactions: DonDimi

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Im
hearing it takes 15 days get results....

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Are you Canadian, eh?

It would be hilarious if Canada imposed this on their own citizens and legal residents, but I don't think they did. Those people would just get to sit at home for 2 weeks:
2 weeks on top of test..

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Are you Canadian, eh?

But the law now says failure to comply can cost you big dollars in fines...that would then be a criminal offence .... could loose Passport for committing a criminal offence. Got to look at it all.
Better off sailing back in a yacht and blundering in at a Nova Scotia Coastal Town and say ''What Law"???

nanita

Jul 28, 2014
News reports are stating ALL air passengers need the negative PCR test. I am not sure how they could prevent you from returning to your own country, though. The negative test is in addition to the 14 day quarantine - a strict quarantine punishable by jail time if you are found at the supermarket or the gas station.
The Canadian government is really hammering the message that ALL non-essential travel is a no-no - they've stated this since the beginning of the 'pandemic' (downgraded to an epidemic by the CDC back in September). They simply don't want people moving around. Some people have disregarded this advice and continued to travel to the Caribbean and elsewhere this year, and I'm not sure how much leeway or understanding they will get from border officials.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Im

hearing it takes 15 days get results....
Actually a PCR test can be read and results ginen in a few hours.
But remember it could take one day for that to happen. My last test took 36 hours to get results to me.....
That was by Telephone. Canada will require a certification In English or French....

nanita

Jul 28, 2014
But remember it could take one day for that to happen. My last test took 36 hours to get results to me.....
That was by Telephone. Canada will require a certification In English or French....
Maybe just buy a fake test result? Also, it will take a few days (maybe) to implement the new measures, maybe you could go to Canada immediately? Or see if there are humanitarian reasons that would allow you to return without the test?

Reactions: melphis

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Are you Canadian, eh?

However Airlines could jump on board and demand the Negative PCR test before boarding... covers their asses even more.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Maybe just buy a fake test result? Also, it will take a few days (maybe) to implement the new measures, maybe you could go to Canada immediately? Or see if there are humanitarian reasons that would allow you to return without the test?
I so do wish but current medical challenges will not permit immediate flying above ten feet.

nanita

Jul 28, 2014
I so do wish but current medical challenges will not permit immediate flying above ten feet.
Ah. If you are going to be laying low where you are for the time being, I would totally disregard all news about these measures. The goal posts have moved so many times in 2020 that people have whiplash.
Rest assured that by the time you want to travel, everyone will be vaccinated and chipped, we will be living under martial law, or Covid 21 will have wiped out 50% of the world's population. Or maybe the grid will go down or life will totally be back to normal. Hard to say.
IMO, it's not the time to be making plans based on today's reality. Things may look very different in the weeks and months to come.

Feb 7, 2007

I have done two PCR tests and received the results via PDF the same night (not in the DR), technically the contents (name, time, date) can be very easily edited if one is so inclined. I guess it's the same for DR PCR tests.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I have done two PCR tests and received the results via PDF the same night (not in the DR), technically the contents (name, time, date) can be very easily edited if one is so inclined. I guess it's the same for DR PCR tests.

I thought you needed software from Adobe to do that. Anyone of course can by it but I thought pdf's were not editable without the software.

nanita

Jul 28, 2014
I wonder if people returning from their 7 day AI vacation in Punta Cana will need to provide a negative PCR test to go back to Canada? Maybe they will set up a lab at the Hard Rock, lmfao...

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
To clearify in DR it Takes 15 days for results I hear..

Status
Not open for further replies.