Wear masks, say medical experts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Mascarillas-Pixabay-e1590682197251.png

The president of the Dominican Society of Infectology, Dr. Clevy Perez says she and her colleagues are now seeing one to four Covid-19 positive patients after several consecutive weeks without seeing a single case.

In a statement issued regarding the increase in Covid-19 cases, the Society of Infectology notes that, in recent days, an increase in cases of the virus has been observed both in emergencies and in consultations at the country’s main health centers.

“Given the current situation, we consider it pertinent that the authorities carry out preventive measures to avoid a significant wave of cases similar to the one observed five months ago,” states the society’s press release.

The use of masks should be resumed in public and private institutions, including educational centers. She said there are now frequent reports of cases among students, forcing the isolation of a...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Are we not allowed to have opinions on this message board?
I try to adhere to TOS and not cross the line, please advise.
Of course opinions are allowed. That is why I didn't react to the anti posts at first. However, it turned into a pile-on, which tends to suppress opposing opinions. That is why I said "enough."

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
Of course opinions are allowed. That is why I didn't react to the anti posts at first. However, it turned into a pile-on, which tends to suppress opposing opinions. That is why I said "enough."
What exactly is wrong with a "pile-on" if that is exactly the general consensus? Hmm that sounds to me like exactly what you described an attempt to "suppress" the dissenting opinions by curtailing similar dissenting opinions with "enough" from a position of authority. No?

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
What exactly is wrong with a "pile-on" if that is exactly the general consensus? Hmm that sounds to me like exactly what you described an attempt to "suppress" the dissenting opinions by curtailing similar dissenting opinions with "enough" from a position of authority. No?
I just don't want to be the next Luz del Mundo

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
There is a fine line between keeping the chimpanzees at bay and censorship.
I am not looking to be "Luzed" either, there is nothing wrong with healthy civilized debate on mask efficacy.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Keeping this DR based, i would not resist a new mask mandate. I did not resist the first one. I do not like the mask, but I'm sure not going to be the next David de los Santos for arguing with some PN why I won't put it on. You can be sure of that.

Reactions: Lucifer

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I know of very few people here who actually went against the mask mandate. At first it was ultra-stupid, like requiring it be worn outside when walking. I actually got pinged by a cop for that. Just put it on until you change directions. Not a big deal even if it was stupid.

Inside is another matter. Everyone complied, even if we didn't cover our noses. It looked nice, which is all that really matters.

Reactions: cavok and Big
Status
Not open for further replies.