We've gone LOCK DOWN!

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
One of the best security measures is the electrical fence (cerco electrico). One touch and the thief will be airborne.

Not really. If you are not talking about home-made controller out of an old TV transformer (which can actually kill easily), but a standard power-regulated fence controller - it will do no harm at all. Quite painful feelings , but harmless. Besides, how legal is to have an electric fence in this country?

I have a few network cameras all over my property and inside of my house here in La Mulata - no single attempt to break in. If even they try to crash or steal the camera(s) - before they do it - I will have the photos of them in my e-mail. Good stuff. Highly recommended.

bx2f.jpg

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Not really. If you are not talking about home-made controller out of an old TV transformer (which can actually kill easily), but a standard power-regulated fence controller - it will do no harm at all. Quite painful feelings , but harmless. Besides, how legal is to have an electric fence in this country?

I have a few network cameras all over my property and inside of my house here in La Mulata - no single attempt to break in. If even they try to crash or steal the camera(s) - before they do it - I will have the photos of them in my e-mail. Good stuff. Highly recommended.

bx2f.jpg

It's legal in the DR to have an electrical fence because I had it installed around
my house by a company. It's not meant to kill anyone, I wouldn't want that!
Yes, I was told by the technician that it's very painful, and the thief would be airborne. thus a deterrent.

I also had cameras and a security alarm system.:cross-eye

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
BIG dogs letting you down?

Funny how big dogs seem to let you down when you need them.....try getting a little one....they yap at the slightest sound which in turn alerts the lazy bug sleeping on the bed

Dear Friend,

I would like to give you my wife's doggie. It is a spoiled & lavished, tiny Tea-cup Yorkie who has incredible hearing and barks at everything it seems.:nervous:

dalark

Aug 5, 2013
Enlightening thread....and a little scary.... I'm sorry all of you are having to go through all of that just to live...certainly not the reason you came here....
I do happen to have good security at my house...except for the big dog (I'm working on that)....we live in the Torre Alta area and my espousa tells me we are quite safe (it's all relative, I know) in this area do to the fact that we have a few of the Puerto Plata honchos right around the corner..... a mayor, senator and the police chief ( my words, not hers, but the equivalent) are all supposed to live right here....so that makes it safer?
My question to you guys is: true or no?.....and more importantly, how does this area stack up for being safe? I'm sure some of you either live here, have lived here or have friends who are in the area that pass along information as to their feelings and experiences in this area.
Would really appreciate feedback....it will determine many courses of action with many things for us here.
Thanks

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
torre alta is not bad. do not count on total safety on the account of the bigwigs living there, there is still crime in the area. several of my family members reside in torre alta. the problems are relatively minor with mostly robberies. i have not heard about any serious assaults.

keep security system, get a viralata (street dog, no one better to make a racket about pesky strangers), exercise common caution.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Problem that you have with camera system is all you get is a nice picture of some guy. What will you do then, go to the police!!
They will do nothing. Plus you are counting on a deterrent effect with a Dominican criminal mentality. They know a photo means
nothing.

eurodominican

Nov 19, 2005
com
I want outside a preventive alarm system so I can do if I hear something my own thing to take care of things. Indeed we must adapt ourselves here. Our neighbors look the other way where we live and as you said, police.......???

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
All this talk about weapons and violence is scary and exciting. I am armed with a Big Callaway driver and a set of irons. Now I am going to smear human feces on the door knob for added security.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
POP Torre Alter,

They would be out of breath by the time they get there !!!

Olly

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
"Important"

The only thing left behind will be the teeth. Pigs cannot digest teeth. That's ok. Take the teeth down to the pawn shop and see if any of their fillings have any silver or gold. This will help pay for gas money.

I hope this helps!

Love Frank

OR... if you're feeling creative, make yourself a nice hatband with them like Crocodile Dundee did with the teeth from his crocodiles. LOL

1058wallaroocrocblackjpg.jpeg

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Listen people, i'm a professional in all things defense related...all you need for a good impenetrable home defense is an advanced nail gun with a fully charged battery pack and 25 guage 2.5" nail strips (you can shoot a nail a second--or as fast as your little fingers can pull the trigger. A nail gun is like an M16, only smaller) and a big bottle of hairspray with a good Bic lighter; it acts as a Flame Thrower and can singe the eyebrows & eyelashes off anyone from ten feet away. Trust me, Hairspray is dangerous and highly flammable. I wrote a book on it.

But as an added level of security, i also like to pack my 16oz Windex bottle full of ammonia & Cajun Pepper; it shoots accurately and will blind anyone instantly--as my neighborhood kids who have accidentally stepped into my yard will verify. I must of blinded every kid and stray cat in my neighborhood. I've got a good 1 mile perimeter around me full of blind people who have accidentally over-stepped into my zone. the result is that people in my neighborhood now fear me and get out of my way when they see me walking to the colmado with my nail gun and Windex bottle in my leather gun holster.

Also, i found that temporarily blinding people has the conditioning effect--much like in Clockwork Orange--of conditioning people to give you a wide area of birth when your out and about. let's face it, people fear the ultra-violence once they've been exposed to it repeatedly. Ask Anthony Burgess if you don't believe me, or ask my pet monkey. she's nearly blind from repeated exposure to ammonia and cajun pepper.

Frank

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Now I am going to smear human feces on the door knob for added security.

great tip! this security measure is completely free and easily obtainable. if you have any problems providing the sample pop into my house when i had my first morning coffee.

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010
HaHa .... Frank ... that flamethrower idea brings back memories from the protest movements of the 60s!!!

Old school!!! :laugh:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Mi-OkcMEJ8g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Frank12. Come live at our place. I have a nice little apt. with everything included near the front gate (and over the horse stalls.) FREE to you for your protective services. No monkey allowed and not sure about your 2 friends. (I read your book.) :)