What colour should we paint the new school

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
A little dark for young children and it still has to fit into the neighbourhood somewhat. I believe after seeing some colour combinations and ideas that others have given me that we'll end up with some combination of oranges/browns/yellows. I'll run it by my sons and nieces as they all are artists and my oldest son has a keen eye for harmony.

Let me preface by saying that I applaud the endeavors of yourself and the significant other. The construction of a building to launch and nurture the creative minds of children will always be a blessing in the eyes of the creator.

Even though obviously there are commercial interests, education around the world has been proven to be the catalyst for development; both human and infrastructure. I hope with the passage of time, monitoring the maturation of the little ones whom have passed through the curriculum of your school system, and later to be productive citizens contributing to their immediate community and the country at large is gratifying. Hopefully, this labor of love still invokes a great sense of pride and satisfaction for yourself and wife.

Congratulations and continue on this path...

My color scheme was a joke bro. Seriously, I would recommend lime green with a white trim. :)

Last edited:

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
A little dark for young children and it still has to fit into the neighbourhood somewhat. I believe after seeing some colour combinations and ideas that others have given me that we'll end up with some combination of oranges/browns/yellows. I'll run it by my sons and nieces as they all are artists and my oldest son has a keen eye for harmony.
ICI Paints - MousePainter v1.16

Nice combination, Bob.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
I think the idea that has been mentionned about the kids doing artwork is a great one.
Paint it white.
Then, organize something that has the kids playing a role.
Graffiti with a touch of respectability.
It's all the rage, don't you know.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Can you see this Bob? Not green not blue but turquoise :)

sv5esk.png

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Anna, what did you do with the list of cars?? Gone is 60 seconds..LOL.....I happen to like that color and lavandou, maybe spelled wrong...Tell ya, can be complicated..A house is one thing, but a public building? Need to make everyone happy so to speak

Can you see this Bob? Not green not blue but turquoise :)

sv5esk.png

ksanrio

Aug 21, 2013
Red Black and White, maybe we can attract some Trinidadians to visit once the island once in a while LOL!

OK seriously, A off white with your choice of a nice trim. Do you have a school emblem. Maybe it can match the emblem.
You can look up about color significance, what colors stand for and also how colors are used in industrial psychology to attract
business. Just a few ideas. Good luck.

K

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
we painted our school light green.
it's not terrible. i would have preferred something more neutral like tan.

May 29, 2006
I'd look into an epoxy based paint instead of oil. It will hold up much longer and it's specifically made for concrete. Your colors may be limited. I've used it for a flooring and it holds up for ten years.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Anna, what did you do with the list of cars?? Gone is 60 seconds..LOL.....I happen to like that color and lavandou, maybe spelled wrong...Tell ya, can be complicated..A house is one thing, but a public building? Need to make everyone happy so to speak

List of Cars? No idea what you are saying. :)

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Ahhh, I'm a movie buff..Referring to Gone in 60 seconds pertaining to the color you liked...In the movie they had to use a black light to see the hit list of cars to take, the color you picked looked like that a bit.

List of Cars? No idea what you are saying. :)

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Red Black and White, maybe we can attract some Trinidadians to visit once the island once in a while LOL!

OK seriously, A off white with your choice of a nice trim. Do you have a school emblem. Maybe it can match the emblem.
You can look up about color significance, what colors stand for and also how colors are used in industrial psychology to attract
business. Just a few ideas. Good luck.

K

I have this: Colour in classrooms | Teaching and Learning in the Digital Age