What is listamilk?

1000an

Nov 28, 2007
adults should NOT drink milk. Check on the net why is it bad for you. And for those who feed their babies with powder milk, pay atention on their behaviour when you try to change their diet. That sh** has some nasty drugs in it to transform babies into milk junkies!

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
on the strength of this thread i went out an bought a couple of cartons. It had always had that ugh boxed milk uht taste to me so I started drinking just evaporated milk in my coffee. But you are right! They have fixed the boxed milk ugh!!! it is great.. cookies and milk again, cookies and milk, yeah..

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
cookies and milk. what kind of satanic invention is that? cookies and coffee. now we are talking.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Sugar water. But it's not bad.

On this topic, how many Dominicans know the real Spanish word for cranberry? I don't think I've met even one.

arandano!! now you've met your first Dominican that knows the spanish word for a fruit that doesn't exist here anyways lol.. Cereza is cherry btw.. and they come in a completely different form here than in NA.

Dec 26, 2011
I've heard it as ar?ndano, but that can also mean blueberry

For specificity, blueberry can correctly be called ar?ndano azul or morti?o(more commonly used for its South American relative).

arandano!! now you've met your first Dominican that knows the spanish word for a fruit that doesn't exist here anyways lol.. Cereza is cherry btw.. and they come in a completely different form here than in NA.

:)

The fruit's not native but they sell plenty of the juice. Jugo de cramberi. LOL

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
For specificity, blueberry can correctly be called ar?ndano azul or morti?o(more commonly used for its South American relative).

:)

The fruit's not native but they sell plenty of the juice. Jugo de cramberi. LOL

Only term I've ever heard for blueberry in any spanish speaking country was mora azul

Dec 26, 2011
Only term I've ever heard for blueberry in any spanish speaking country was mora azul

Interesting. Look into it. I know mora as blackberry. Very popular in Colombia for juice. That's much more closely related to the frambuesa(raspberry).

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
adults should NOT drink milk. Check on the net why is it bad for you. And for those who feed their babies with powder milk, pay atention on their behaviour when you try to change their diet. That sh** has some nasty drugs in it to transform babies into milk junkies!

Adults CAN drink milk but should do it moderate. I rather drink two glasses of milk per day then taking Ca tablets against osteoporosis.

What Cranberry juice is concerned, I cannot get enough of it but again I am being moderate with it. Its a very good source of vitamin C and reduces the risk of cystitis with women.

On another note, I use to sell very well a certain brand of kat kibbles which contained cranberries. Cats are very sensitive to struvitis and breeders of cats were and are always on the look for catfood with cranberries in it.

Acira

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003

Yea i always used to think that cherries were cereza until someone brought a "dulce de cereza" once and it was so vile that I just didnt understand how it could be cherries... they were much more tart and gave instant heart burn lol

Plus the cerezas that they sell in the super and on the streets just dont look or taste like cherries... they look and taste like cranberries.

Now, I could be wrong but I just dont think cerezas, in this country, are cherries.

Edit: After a little googling and looking around at the frutero, what they sell in this country as cerezas are actually cranberries. Never seen locally grown cherries in this country in 15 yrs of living here. Bravo had fresh imported cherries the other day, too much $$$ for my taste though.

Last edited:

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Yea i always used to think that cherries were cereza until someone brought a "dulce de cereza" once and it was so vile that I just didnt understand how it could be cherries... they were much more tart and gave instant heart burn lol

Plus the cerezas that they sell in the super and on the streets just dont look or taste like cherries... they look and taste like cranberries.

Now, I could be wrong but I just dont think cerezas, in this country, are cherries.

Edit: After a little googling and looking around at the frutero, what they sell in this country as cerezas are actually cranberries. Never seen locally grown cherries in this country in 15 yrs of living here. Bravo had fresh imported cherries the other day, too much $$$ for my taste though.

It could be that they are sour cherries or morello cherries as they are called too. In Spanish they are called cerezo de morello, cerezo comun, cerezo acido or even just simple cerezas.
These sour cherries are only good for cooking with a lot of sugar and make a very nice side dish with meatloaf f.e. (thats how we eat them) or you can preserve them in alcohol and then they make a nice addition to an icecream hmmmm :)

Acira

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
They're definitely cherries and not cranberries, as they grow on trees, not in a "bog"...They are just a different variety than the "American" (bing) cherries you're used to. I don't like the local ones at all as they're too sour...and I don't want to cover them in sugar...or add sugar to the juice to make it drinkable...

If you go to La Sirena on Wednesdays (or other supermercados on their "dia verde") all the fruits and veggies are 35% off...including the imported stuff. I bought fresh blueberries and cherries that were great and not very expensive.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i call in language limitations. cereza is cherry, even thou it is nothing like european cherries. and nothing like polish wiśnia (sour cherry). similarily, there are no polish words for many dominican (or any other exotic) fruits. i guess we could go by latin names of particular trees/bushes if there is a need to be precise. is there?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
i call in language limitations. cereza is cherry, even thou it is nothing like european cherries. and nothing like polish wiśnia (sour cherry). similarily, there are no polish words for many dominican (or any other exotic) fruits. i guess we could go by latin names of particular trees/bushes if there is a need to be precise. is there?
You get a lot of this in Latin America. Some say it's because the conquistadores or colonists named the trees, plants, fruit, animals and birds that reminded them of things back home.

Two other examples I can think of are amapola, which is poppy in standard Spanish, while in the DR it's a tree with red blossoms. Ruise?or is nightingale in standard Spanish, but the bird known as ruise?or in the DR is a mockingbird.
As I said, cereza in standard Spanish is the 'European' cherry.