What Needs To Be Done In Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Enclosing the bars will only drive more people out in the streets to avoid those sweatbox's..There will be more working girls then ever hanging in the streets looking for their next gringo lottery victim.

It's already happening. I was there last night and the street was full of chicas. The German bar on the corner which has just installed windows was empty. How will all the thousands of family tourists like this?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Sex Tourism",in Sosua, trumps, "Family Tourism" everytime, all Day Long, and even more so after the sun goes down"!!!
There are MANY ways that they can be compatible.
Many international cities have "Adults Only Zones", ever check out the Raperbahn. in Hamburg????
I DID, and "I Did" yet again.
I used to LIVE, in Boston's "Combat Zone"!
Driving out the "Adult Entertainment" will kill Sosua!
After a guy has tended to his most powerful needs, he is "Hungry", so are his traveling buddies, and they often bring their "Ladies'!
The "Family Tourists" usually are on a "Package" paid for in their home country.
Speaking as a father with 4 hungry kids, it costs a lot to go to a "Tourist Area" restaurant.
Speaking as a "Horny, Hungry Bastard", I do go out to dinner, and a few "Brewskis" later,when I am in Sosua!
If you put all those beautiful, sexy, young Dominican "Eggs" in one basket,(Adults Only Area) "Build It, And They Will "CUM"!!!!!
And then, "Cum Again"!
And spend a LOT of cash.
The families can go have an ice cream at "Helados Bon"!!!
Although, I do THAT TOO!!!!!!!!!
I just won't take my, "Rent A Chica" with me!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
I'm anxious to see somebody get thrown through one of these windows and then a big panic by the government to remove them due to being dangerous. Seems Bar Central will not comply.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
Wolfgang is pretty well on tune but it is disappointing to read some of the negative posters on this site who probably visit once in a blue moon or just listen to hearsay to join in something they know little or nothing about.

There is very little wrong with Sosua that can't be fixed with a bit of creative thinking, real leadership and cooperation with the business community.
This will not happen at present (or maybe never) whilst the political campaigns are being bankrolled by outside influences. The idea of turning Sosua into a family-friendly resort and million-dollar condo haven is a pipe dream but it all depends on who is putting in the money.
With the present regime in office, it's easy to see why folks are wary of investing further in Sosua unless the plans are made clear, which would not be the' Dominican way' so of course, private development stalls.

(There is also a rumour of a rich middle-East investor and Sindico-backer here who belongs to the World Anti Sex-Tourism League . Can anyone shed some light on this?)

I still don't consider Sosua to be a den of vice or a "Sex Town" as such, and anyone who has visited a real "Sex Town" can confirm this.
The Caribbean is about freedom, fun, outdoor living,uninhibited people,pretty girls and great beaches etc. not confined, stick-up-the -a** stuffed shirts telling people what not to do.
If folks don't like it, they can move back to Boresville Idaho or wherever they feel comfortable..

Make PC pedestrian, put out the tables and chairs, have dancing in the street, musicians and magicians, dancers and dilettantes, throw out the stinking cars and evil motoconchos , clean and patrol the streets then you've got a great party town for everyone.

My 2 pesos...

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
So fun to read the real and much in the know ... information? Mostly from those that don't live here and offer their solid advice about what should be done.

SHOW UP AT THE NEXT MEETING? might be a start for you non-starters. YAwwwwwnnnnn.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
So fun to read the real and much in the know ... information? Mostly from those that don't live here and offer their solid advice about what should be done.

SHOW UP AT THE NEXT MEETING? might be a start for you non-starters. YAwwwwwnnnnn.

RINGO RINGO RINGO....Do you suggest we have a sub-area of this site ONLY for Expats that are in country 180 days a year?
You might have 10-15 members!

You are always going to have know-it-alls that come whoring to Sosua twice a year, and snowbirds that own a condo that know more than you, RELAX BUDDY, its just the internet.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Wolfgang is pretty well on tune but it is disappointing to read some of the negative posters on this site who probably visit once in a blue moon or just listen to hearsay to join in something they know little or nothing about.

There is very little wrong with Sosua that can't be fixed with a bit of creative thinking, real leadership and cooperation with the business community.
This will not happen at present (or maybe never) whilst the political campaigns are being bankrolled by outside influences. The idea of turning Sosua into a family-friendly resort and million-dollar condo haven is a pipe dream but it all depends on who is putting in the money.
With the present regime in office, it's easy to see why folks are wary of investing further in Sosua unless the plans are made clear, which would not be the' Dominican way' so of course, private development stalls.

(There is also a rumour of a rich middle-East investor and Sindico-backer here who belongs to the World Anti Sex-Tourism League . Can anyone shed some light on this?)

I still don't consider Sosua to be a den of vice or a "Sex Town" as such, and anyone who has visited a real "Sex Town" can confirm this.
The Caribbean is about freedom, fun, outdoor living,uninhibited people,pretty girls and great beaches etc. not confined, stick-up-the -a** stuffed shirts telling people what not to do.
If folks don't like it, they can move back to Boresville Idaho or wherever they feel comfortable..

Make PC pedestrian, put out the tables and chairs, have dancing in the street, musicians and magicians, dancers and dilettantes, throw out the stinking cars and evil motoconchos , clean and patrol the streets then you've got a great party town for everyone.

My 2 pesos...

what you just said is worth more than 2 pesos. a whole lot more.

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
Wolfgang might just have the longest continuous ownership of a restaurant on PC now, if not in Sosua. Never met the guy, but I know he also has started some good charities..

I know Wolfgang and he is a real stand up guy. Yes he does charity work and was promoting the closer of pedro to autos. He has al lot insight on what needs to be done.

drescape24

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010

They did that years ago in Playa Del Carmen MX.
The main street has deliveries till about noon,often electric vehicles are used.
The rest of the day it's pedestrian.

leromero

Bronze
May 30, 2004
web.mac.com

Yes, I travel to the DR once or twice a year. I have family that lives there on a full time basis. The DR is not that complicated. It all boils down to who is getting paid. Nothing more, nothing less. Follow the money and you will see who is trying to benefit from the policy changes. It's not complicated.

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
What Sosua needs is a real police force! Leave the bars and the putas alone, families are going to AI resorts and not places like Sosua. Illana is Jewish but she's acting like the Taliban! Pretty soon she'll be forcing the girls to wear burkas, so the family tourists are not offended. Hahaha. In all this i can't figure out Willy's angle?! Putas are Willy's bread and butter since he ran Sosua Life, also he rents rooms to the putas in Charamicos, without putas in Sosua willy has no business!

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
I think the question is: lets suppose there is no puta in Sosua. Not a single one. will the town be attractive to familly tourism.
Liam is right: Sosua needs a real police force. That is the first task to be accomplised.
Ok politur exists. I met a few politur guys. They were nice and did not try to screw up with me (well at least I guess so)
But what about AMET, PN and all... You know what I mean.

AND very important: the DR should really stop to put foreigners in jail just because a girl says she's been beatened up, threatened or whatever. Of course, if it happens to be that the foreigner did that, he deserves to be punished.
But before putting him to jail, the police should enquire and check what is real and what is not.

If you want to attract tourists, just treat him right...

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
SOSUA has not ever had direction ! Now with the Female Mayor , who i am sure is good .....Making a client change is a huge undertaking ...years back FRAUD LAUDERDALE OOPS..... Ft Lauderdale decided they did not want to be a SPRING BREAK DESITINATION.......it took Over 10 years to bring the recovery of such incredible loss of business cash flow !! ....It takes Massive commitment and amts of money to change Visions , BOTH of which Sosua , i am sorry NOT!

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
2ryn81z.jpg
. .The Mayor is nice and given ten years in a good market this could be attained . HOWEVER that would take massive commitment by both business and govt ! It took ft lauderdale over 10 yrs to change its SPRING BREAK IMAGE. ( tremendous loss of income ) In a perfect world yes ! In these times when govts are broke ! ITS A MEXICAN STANDOFF........... Mi amor

May 29, 2006
Families will always be staying in AIs. Why would they support any downtown business when they can get food and drink away from the unwashed masses? What are they planning on selling the kids, pencils from the school supply store? I know, have New Garden put in a swing set and a teeter totter...

Status
Not open for further replies.