What products do you miss from back home?

Bob Boyd

Feb 3, 2004
If you want a great hardware store, check out the new Bellon in Santiago. I thought I had walked into Home Depot in Miami.
As far as food, I'll settle for;
Horseradish - Super Hot
Franks Hot Sauce
Bragg – Organic Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar
Nabisco Triscuits, Original
Nabisco Shredded Wheat cereal
Taylor Ham/ Taylor Pork Roll
Thomas English muffins
Italian Olive oil (First cold pressed)
Mediterranean Sea Salt
Pimento Cheese spread

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
If you want a great hardware store, check out the new Bellon in Santiago. I thought I had walked into Home Depot in Miami.
As far as food, I'll settle for;
Horseradish - Super Hot
Franks Hot Sauce
Bragg ? Organic Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar
Nabisco Triscuits, Original
Nabisco Shredded Wheat cereal
Taylor Ham/ Taylor Pork Roll
Thomas English muffins
Italian Olive oil (First cold pressed)
Mediterranean Sea Salt
Pimento Cheese spread

They have the italian olive oil (first cold pressed) and the super hot horseradish in Playero in Sosua

BelgianK

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The Constanza/Jarabacoa strawberries used to taste watery but IMO they have improved. Price is crazy though.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You need to go to a "Supermercado National","POLA",and "La Sirena", they have MANY of the things listed above.
Cottage cheese,Fresh "sweet corn",OK,it's not like summer corn in the USA,but not bad.Apples? about 10 varieties at "National".
Triscuits,shredded wheat,Thomas' English muffins,Lender's bagels.REAL cheese from the USA,Italy,France,(Lots of "Blu Cheese too!)
Frank's hot sause,MANY kinds of "EVOO",Sea Salt,"Polish Sausage",Real American "Hot Dogs",and BACON too.
The list goes on and on.You can't get "Fresh Eggs"???
"Marmite" was banned a s a public healt hazard about 15 years ago!!!!
You gotta get out more!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Last edited:

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Canada and the US.......... bangers aren't they called in Jolly Olde?

These may be closer to Italian sausages. Might not be to your liking old chap, if English is what your looking for.

I'll keep an eye open for you

PS........ if English JR, have you downloaded or seen Downton Abbey? Pretty good!!!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Didn't we have a Playero thread a while ago where if you asked for something, the owners would try to get it for you?

Can we start with Cottage cheese, please.?

Who was that who was wired to the owner?

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Where's the horseradish? I want to make some cocktail sauce for my shrimp :D

above one of the freezers, together with a lot of german stuff... it is called tafel-meerrettich... you want the "sharf" if you want the hot one...

BelgianK

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
where are you from willy, Im talking english cumberland sausages hopefully

they have those at playero as well, JR. Fresh meat counter, right one...

they are not bad, but not great either, but some English friends seem to like them a lot.

BelgianK

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
You need to go to a "Supermercado National","POLA",and "La Sirena", they have MANY of the things listed above.
Cottage cheese,Fresh "sweet corn",OK,it's not like summer corn in the USA,but not bad.Apples? about 10 varieties at "National".
Triscuits,shredded wheat,Thomas' English muffins,Lender's bagels.REAL cheese from the USA,Italy,France,(Lots of "Blu Cheese too!)
Frank's hot sause,MANY kinds of "EVOO",Sea Salt,"Polish Sausage",Real American "Hot Dogs",and BACON too.
The list goes on and on.You can't get "Fresh Eggs"???
"Marmite" was banned a s a public healt hazard about 15 years ago!!!!
You gotta get out more!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Yes they do but many items are double the price compared to the states. I rather buy the Dominican brands, some actually taste better than the American brands.

Everything from Linda brand always taste great!