What products do you miss from back home?

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
If you want a great hardware store, check out the new Bellon in Santiago. I thought I had walked into Home Depot in Miami.
As far as food, I'll settle for;
Horseradish - Super Hot
Franks Hot Sauce
Bragg ? Organic Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar
Nabisco Triscuits, Original
Nabisco Shredded Wheat cereal
Taylor Ham/ Taylor Pork Roll
Thomas English muffins
Italian Olive oil (First cold pressed)
Mediterranean Sea Salt
Pimento Cheese spread

Yes, I have been to the new one but they don't have the complete selection like they do in the states. But they are all getting better these days. But in a way its better that you have to ship still from the states because your house can have items that no one on your block will have.

imfromda305

Dec 9, 2011
Hollandse nieuwe met uitjes;)

LOL! Yeah, even tho it is the topic.. but if I start with everything: kroketten, frikadellen, bereklauw I mean I'm getting ****ed already just by typing all of this!

By the way, I remember looking the first couple of days looking for a fresh croissants! NVM!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i wouldn't know where to start... but here are a few:
those you can buy here are nasty, i want these:
2zz83ld.jpg

and some of those:
2ytsosx.jpg

and here og?rki małosolne:
2qiwqc6.jpg

and i would like some proper sales, 85% around the store, all last season items.

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
English cider...I could so do with a pint of cider right now! Alas, nowhere to be found on the island

CaribbeanGeorge

"Creature of Leisure"
Jan 3, 2002
www.fuentesdellago.com
being from Mexico, I miss so much the spicy candy, there you have the lolly pops covered with chilli powder, lime powder and salt, so as the Flamming Hot Doritos from Frito lays, also no cupcakes (Pinguinos), no tweenkies (submarinos) although I saw canelitas cookies from marinela the other day.
But mostly I miss TEKATE BEER! Ahhh with lime and salt.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
The Constanza/Jarabacoa strawberries used to taste watery but IMO they have improved. Price is crazy though.
They pick them way too early. When picked ripe, they are as good as Plant City strawberries...

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
If you want a great hardware store, check out the new Bellon in Santiago. I thought I had walked into Home Depot in Miami.
Is that the new one not far from Rafael Vidal? I'll have to check it out!

BB said:
As far as food, I'll settle for;
Franks Hot Sauce
This is funny. I put the word out to MotoCaribers, and now everyone brings me Franks. I have extra bottle I'll never use. Next time you'll be cruising Jarabacoa, give me a heads up, a bottle gratis.

I took Hillbilly a bottle recently.

And agreed about CIDER. Cannot find it here, just that sweet apple juice. And Benedicta doesn't count...