What's your frustration?

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
My frustration is that I am not allowed to stay frustrated in the DR for as long as I could/would in the UK. There I could 'bitch & moan' all day long, get a group of empathisers/sympathisers, fellow bitchers & moaners to a meeting & draw up plans to moan & bitch to someone important. Here in the DR no-one gives a damn about me moaning & bitching .................. I am expected to get over it & 'Get On With My Life'!!

Any 'irritation' or 'inconvenience' I feel aggrieved about lasts for just 2 minutes. The 'alternative work-around' takes a further 2 minutes to be determined (OK - sometimes a little longer than 2 minutes but never more than an hour) & then within FIVE minutes I am back to full working order getting done what NEEDS to be done.

WHO NEEDS FRUSTRATION ANYWAY? Life in the DR is for 'getting on with' so find the work-around that is readily available (if you are positive & LOOK for it!!), take the appropriate action & then get out & enjoy the beer/sun/views etc. ~ Grahame.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I have been offered the job as God.......... :)
Too frustrating for me, I turned the job down!

"Not my fault" mentality, get rid of that and many other frustrations go away.

t9d26v.gif

SantiagoDR

DominicanBilly

Mar 9, 2005
harborviewcondos.4t.com
Edenorthe

Last month they sent men up to check the meter on three different occasions to check one condo unit because it showed no kw's. No one in unit so no electricity used. Suspected some one was stealing power.
This month meter reader miss read a meter and put down 4300 in stead of correct 430 and I got a bill for over 40,000 pesos. Did they send anyone over to check to see if there was a mistake. No No No. Totally incompetent and it's no wonder the power is in such a mess.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
My biggest frustration? very high noise level (music way too loud, motorbikes mufflers etc...)

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Although I don't live in the DR I visit frequently so I'd like to add a few things:

1. the way people drive
2. blackouts
3. how everything is "dollarized"
4. street beggers
5. slow internet speed

And yes, they are in order of importance to me :)

JFD

Feb 10, 2010
The lack of a quality public education system, almost every bad situation comes from there.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
I walk a lot so honking and exhaust fumes. Unnecessary noise gets me boiling! Horns and Dominicans just don?t mix! :mad:

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
All of the above, and Traffic in the Capital, mostly the I will park where ever I damn well please attitude. There is not a street in the capital that can carry the designed amount of traffic due to parking.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
lack of intelligence. Just an abundance of stupid people here.
Thanks god, SD is different in many ways.
AZB