When will DR open for International travel??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I heard there’s to be some kind of announcement on the 17th of May.

you "heard" Wrong.
no announcement is planned for May 17th.
May 17th is simply the date when our actual state of emergency and curfew would have ended,
but they will anyways get to extended the enxt few days, most likely til month's end May 31st for the first moment, to be evaluated then again.
during those 2 week's til months end the government, in MY PERSONAL OPINION ONLY,
will reopen different local economy sectors, under restrictions, step by step.
it keeps people calm, shows the outside world that progress is done, and it gives the opportunity to observe the spread and all involved for some weeks.
if it works more or less fine, then it could be considered to also reopen borders for leisure travelers, also under a bunch of restrictions of course.
I would not be surpirsed if a numbe of small businesses, like mecanics, ferreterias, salons etc would be allowed to reopen this coming monday.
we soon will see.
the asked for extention of the State of Emergency(asked for 25 additinal days), will be discussed in the 1st chamber of our bi-chamber system tomorrow 11AM. as those are the senators fromthe reining parties, it sure will pass in minutes and without any modifications.
then on late wednesday or on thursday it will be discussed in our 2nd chamber, reigned by the Oposition.
they will not oppose the general way of the government, but i would await them again to not approve the 25 days but only 14 days, til May 31st/Month's End and tie it to some obligations, like the opening of some sectors.
so, as they will approve less than the required days, the whole thing will go back to the 1st chamber, where it will be approved as modified by chamber#2, which should be on friday before noon.
if it goes that way, later friday the government will announce what will be reopened/change this coming Monday.
Just My Opinion on the thing.
we will see soon.

Feb 7, 2007
If you are a legal resident home may be here. Most likely it is. Should be possible to get in similar to a citizen. That’s what was understood until now. If it’s expired though I would not risk it as you may be considered a tourist again.

If it's expired you are considered tourist when entering. Then when you renew, you are no longer tourist.

Feb 7, 2007
you "heard" Wrong.
May 17th is simply the date when our actual state of emergency and curfew would have ended,
but they will anyways get to extended the enxt few days, most likely til month's end May 31st for the first moment, to be evaluated then again.
during those 2 week's til months end the government, in MY PERSONAL OPINION ONLY,
it keeps people calm, shows the outside world that progress is done, and it gives the opportunity to observe the spread and all involved for some weeks.
if it works more or less fine, then it could be considered to also reopen borders for leisure travelers, also under a bunch of restrictions of course.
I would not be surpirsed if a numbe of small businesses, like mecanics, ferreterias, salons etc would be allowed to reopen this coming monday.
we soon will see.
the asked for extention of the State of Emergency(asked for 25 additinal days), will be discussed in the 1st chamber of our bi-chamber system tomorrow 11AM. as those are the senators fromthe reining parties, it sure will pass in minutes and without any modifications.
then on late wednesday or on thursday it will be discussed in our 2nd chamber, reigned by the Oposition.
they will not oppose the general way of the government, but i would await them again to not approve the 25 days but only 14 days, til May 31st/Month's End and tie it to some obligations, like the opening of some sectors.
so, as they will approve less than the required days, the whole thing will go back to the 1st chamber, where it will be approved as modified by chamber#2, which should be on friday before noon.
if it goes that way, later friday the government will announce what will be reopened/change this coming Monday.
we will see soon.

Yeah. Your opinion but based on past 2 renewals, I would say it is pretty accurate. My opinion is the same. Maybe not 14 days but maybe 17 ... but not 25 ... and I still don't understand where the numbers 17 and 25 came from in the first place (or who came up with such numbers).

Reactions: PCMike

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
The numbers probably came from some ritual to do with the "dance of negotiation". You want to slow dance. I want hip and hop to it. Let's settle on hmmm... 17 speed.

Sep 22, 2009
Yeah. Your opinion but based on past 2 renewals, I would say it is pretty accurate. My opinion is the same. Maybe not 14 days but maybe 17 ... but not 25 ... and I still don't understand where the numbers 17 and 25 came from in the first place (or who came up with such numbers).
When you say 14 it looks like you just made it up. 17 looks like there's a reason.

Reactions: slowmo

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
you "heard" Wrong.
we soon will see.
we will see soon.

Good to see that at least one person is paying attention. Good job. (y)

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
When you say 14 it looks like you just made it up. 17 looks like there's a reason.

my number 14 days opinion has a simple reason:
at this moment the state of emergency expires May 17th, this coming sunday.
so 14 more days would extend it exactly til Months End, May 31st, a sunday which also is Mothers Day in DR.
and i am pretty sure that this will not be our last extention, all bringiing back of the economy will be done under a State of Eemergency in my opinion,
it makes it way easier to bring up rules and restrictions for doing so.

Reactions: PCMike and Caonabo
Sep 22, 2009
my number 14 days opinion has a simple reason:
at this moment the state of emergency expires May 17th, this coming sunday.
so 14 more days would extend it exactly til Months End, May 31st, a sunday which also is Mothers Day in DR.
and i am pretty sure that this will not be our last extention, all bringiing back of the economy will be done under a State of Eemergency in my opinion,
it makes it way easier to bring up rules and restrictions for doing so.
Very reasonable.

mitsu man

Aug 29, 2008
you "heard" Wrong.
we soon will see.
we will see soon.
Thanks for the clarification. I’m not a true resident but do spend too much time there. Looking forward to returning soon.

Jan 3, 2003
I wish it was that way. They at first told friends of mine that are permanent residents they could fly back last month. The call was made from the airport in Canada. They got on the plane, flew into Punta Cana, but had a police waiting at the plane door to keep them in plane and they had to return back to Canada. Only citizens were allowed to enter
LOL and the DR is not a 3rd WORLD country?. If you were sent back to Canada consider it a blessing to be in the safety of the 1st world. The DR has done you a favor. Its better to be homeless in the 1st world than poor in the 3rd world.
WOW!!!

Citizens only
I am but my wife is just a resident

Crazy, just crazy.....
any other country,---- legal residents
Next step is to allow in only those who look Dominican even if you are a citizen.

If you sound Dominican but don't look it, you may enter also.

The rest of YOUS return back home.

International travel at its best.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Rumor has it if you play Willie Nelson's "On the Road Again" 10X a day it can work miracles. Let me add that to the rumor mill and have a good feeling moment,

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
This is quickly spinning into another "expulsion on day 31 of a tourist card/not admitted for prior overstay" yarn.
Common denominators....new poster + unverifiable information going against the standard operating procedure + ww
With that, I ask the following:
When is the Policia Nacional stationed at the airports for more than moving cars along the pick up/drop off lanes?
Perhaps the OP meant immigration officials? If so, this would then fall on the shoulders of the traveler in question and the airline.

You may be right, I don't recall any arriving flights from Canada to PUJ last month

PN or Immigration isn't important - a person of authority

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
It is ridiculous that a legal resident would be denied entry in to the DR, but hey, this is the DR.
Exactly. I say over and over again, "This is their country". Similar to Trump saying even if you have a green card, somewhere out there in another country, you are being denied entry now to the US. Golden rule: Those who hold the gold make the rules.

Reactions: austriaco

El Calvito

May 9, 2020
Singapour
Think you misunderstood me or got me confused with someone else. I never said rioting. I said some protests were held. I also said police were brutal in some areas because of people not respecting the quarantine or curfew and sometimes because the police were attacked.
to much time on Facebook maybe...

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
We are all sheeps being lead to the slaughter........New world order is in control always has and always will be in control.

• Sad
Reactions: El Calvito
Status
Not open for further replies.