When will DR open for International travel??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Why everybody is talking about July 5th as the date for opening the hotels and airports?
According the plan from the government it should be July 1th...

Fase 4 Miercoles 1. de Julio.
we will get changes on this done quicker than we can read through the new dates and changes announcements, it looks like.
July 1st was what been told first, on the very first publications about phase 4.
the same day, just hours later, as i just typed that date with the appropriate link to the news source on a post,
i read the new post (on the same Newspaper online), where July 5th(the election date) been told as the phase 4 beginning.
since then, well, we have to sit back and observe and see whats up tomorrow, better, whats up in some weeks from now with those dates.

Reactions: MarJD

karmatourer

Nov 15, 2018
but we real people are not much interested in teh always different ways the trumpeters treat their people.
I hold as a prime passport my german one,so i am looking on the way european union members are treated and handled by their government.
of course there nothing was anything perfect, where wuld it have been or be?
but thats the way I look on things.
the 75 years experience of a us stewardess or check in counter luggage clerk is something i can not tell about, not my business, i have no experience nor visions on such.
what us citizens stranded elsewhere have to pay to not be left behind by the greatest, is out of my knowledge and out of my interest.
Karma is a biach and also hits travelers, karma travelers.
Snappy retort. So are you finished posting your misleading lies and conjecture as actual knowledge/facts as you slither away from the topic?

karmatourer

Nov 15, 2018
one of the worst outcomes of the 9/11 disaster is that airline employees got free rein to talk down to and be rude to airline passengers all in the name of security. It has improved , but I still see them berating people mostly the ones that sit in coach. With modern tech (thank god) its not necessary to ask about connecting flights.
Little, you consider "is that airline employees got free rein to talk down to and be rude to airline passengers all in the name of security" 1 of the worst outcomes of 9/11? How sick are you? Oh Louise,did a mean ticket agent make you feel bad or hurt your feelings? It was probably a female agent who emasculated you.

• Haha
Reactions: alexw

j4yd4wg

May 11, 2020
Sosua
as reported today in Bogota News:

The National Health Emergency was also extended to August 31 to guarantee resources for the health sector. Duque made no mention of economic sectors that can resume operations, including airlines and inter-municipal transport. Airports will remain closed until June 30.

They are saying (in Colombia) to maybe open internal flights, but ElTiempo (Colombian news) says "Extendiendo la emergencia sanitaria por tres meses más, queda claro que por lo menos hasta el 1 de septiembre continuará el cierre del aeropuerto El Dorado para vuelos internacionales"

j4yd4wg

May 11, 2020
Sosua
If that is true the DR is not going to be the country going against the internationally coordinated effort as they are protecting their tourist industry especially Punta Cana.
Agreed. They will likely continue with the PAHO playbook until the end... Better check into local laws about if the govt can make a vaccination, to be mandatory here. I suspect, like Bill Gates said months ago, that he wants to inject the world with his vaccine before he allows us all to go back to normal life... maybe that's what airports (and PAHO) are waiting for.

• Haha
Reactions: MikeFisher

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
For the beaches there is no date yet... On the bottom of your link it says:

También continúa prohibido el acceso a playas, piscinas y todo tipo de balnearios públicos, sin una fecha específica para su reapertura.
The access to the beaches, pools and all balnearios (public pools? river or so) without any specific date for reopening.

Would be interesting if they open the airports and hotels but you are not allowed to go to the beach! :cool:
I think it was meant for a "public" beach not a beach that is in front of a hotel. I guess?

austriaco

Mar 16, 2020
Then I disagree with respect to ferry flights being paid by a government. I believe in personal responsibility. You leave your country, you take your chances based upon whatever happens while you are gone.

I agree, however the European countries organising the flights do not allow overcharging. I am not aware of a European ferry flight paid by government for free, but the price is between 600 (AUA) and 1000 to Kiev in Ukraine.

i am surprised that its far more for some US ferry flights.

austriaco

Mar 16, 2020
Funny enough I was reading now 20 pages without any real information about repatriation flights to Europe. However, there are.

I get emails from the office of the austrian embassy in Havanna about repatriation flights from DR:

EU citicens can apply for a transit-ESTA and go via USA or they can go with any European nations repatriation flight but have to show tickets to the home country.
There were 3 flights to Spain, one to Ukraine and supposedly to France too in the last weeks, price was between 600 and 1000 Euro.

there is rumors about the german embassy organising something like weekly flights.(heard it from Germans with contact to the embassy but its a rumor still)

there is indication that there are more flights of other European nations, all of them announced short notice.

Reading people get agitated about no flights to Europe should really ask their embassy - Austria does not even have one in DR and still manages to put out information...

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Little, you consider "is that airline employees got free rein to talk down to and be rude to airline passengers all in the name of security" 1 of the worst outcomes of 9/11? How sick are you? Oh Louise,did a mean ticket agent make you feel bad or hurt your feelings? It was probably a female agent who emasculated you.
Hey I'm a realist , and a businessman. Not everyone can be a pro athlete, pilot or businessman The world needs ticket takers at the boarding gates. The benefits are great as well, you get to eat at all those superfine airport restaurants and talk on the PA system. Whooo the stories you must have.

MarJD

Aug 29, 2012
we will get changes on this done quicker than we can read through the new dates and changes announcements, it looks like.
July 1st was what been told first, on the very first publications about phase 4.
the same day, just hours later, as i just typed that date with the appropriate link to the news source on a post,
i read the new post (on the same Newspaper online), where July 5th(the election date) been told as the phase 4 beginning.
since then, well, we have to sit back and observe and see whats up tomorrow, better, whats up in some weeks from now with those dates.
Agreed, nothing is set in stone yet, it is a plan. Is a wait and see how the situation evolves during each phase. Hopefully with no changes for the worst.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Funny enough I was reading now 20 pages without any real information about repatriation flights to Europe. However, there are.

I get emails from the office of the austrian embassy in Havanna about repatriation flights from DR:

EU citicens can apply for a transit-ESTA and go via USA or they can go with any European nations repatriation flight but have to show tickets to the home country.
There were 3 flights to Spain, one to Ukraine and supposedly to France too in the last weeks, price was between 600 and 1000 Euro.

there is rumors about the german embassy organising something like weekly flights.(heard it from Germans with contact to the embassy but its a rumor still)

there is indication that there are more flights of other European nations, all of them announced short notice.

Reading people get agitated about no flights to Europe should really ask their embassy - Austria does not even have one in DR and still manages to put out information...
Yes, German clients of mine, who have been trying to get home for months, finally have a flight out on Monday (si Dios quiere). It goes via Madrid. The flight came through the German Embassy and I believe it is some kind of joint effort with other EU countries.

austriaco

Mar 16, 2020
About the discussion reopening tourism in DR with this fabulous plan to desinfect the hotels as main idea:

just see what the competition is up to:

Austria has a tourism industry like DR and has same sized country like DR.

they will do 65000 tests weekly, everyone in tourism has mandatory to test weekly.

whole DR has not even done 65000 test in 3 month.

do they seriously think with ridiculous things like desinfection they are going to win the tourists back when the conpetition has weekly free tests included? They dont even know the case numbers in the country with such little test. Under a certain number of tests per capita no one can trust case numbers. No propaganda can make up for facts. They have to get the act together on testing and fast. Once others do the weekly tests, places who do not, loose.

habi

Oct 17, 2015
About the discussion reopening tourism in DR with this fabulous plan to desinfect the hotels as main idea:

just see what the competition is up to:

Austria has a tourism industry like DR and has same sized country like DR.

they will do 65000 tests weekly, everyone in tourism has mandatory to test weekly.

whole DR has not even done 65000 test in 3 month.

do they seriously think with ridiculous things like desinfection they are going to win the tourists back when the conpetition has weekly free tests included? They dont even know the case numbers in the country with such little test. Under a certain number of tests per capita no one can trust case numbers. No propaganda can make up for facts. They have to get the act together on testing and fast. Once others do the weekly tests, places who do not, loose.

Here some of the plans they have for the resorts/hotels here... I guess it would make more sense for the owners to keep them closed...

David B

Aug 31, 2017
bennymack

If you are a US resident... 2-3 flights weekly
JetBlue seems to be the most reliable

UAL has 2 this weekend to EWR I think.... or was it last weekend ?

Time stands still these days

Best flight I ever had: clean, spacious, new, and free wifi the entire trip. I don't know if this is the new normal for JetBlue. This was Tuesday a week ago, to JEK out of SDQ. Seems to be one legit flight to New York via JetBlue every day.

David B

Aug 31, 2017
Best flight I ever had: clean, spacious, new, and free wifi the entire trip. I don't know if this is the new normal for JetBlue. This was Tuesday a week ago, to JEK out of SDQ. Seems to be one legit flight to New York via JetBlue every day.

Forgot to add, for whatever the reason (maybe they're flying lower), the flights to New York are faster these days, just three hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.