When will DR open for International travel??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017

Ready for open you must be crazy.... if this virus hits bad it will wipe out half the island....they are not prepared...this article tells you that..

brickwasher

May 11, 2020
Juan Dolio
I was told by some Dominican pilots that residents are allowed in now. However, I would check into that further.
I have yet to hear from any residents have been allowed in. End of March I had friends kept on plane and returned to Canada tho permanent residents. Nobody yet here has said they got in and both flights of mine in May were cancelled. We never know

Reactions: Caonabo

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com

Ready for open you must be crazy.... if this virus hits bad it will wipe out half the island....they are not prepared...this article tells you that..

Wipe out half the island? Shirley you jest.

Reactions: Caonabo and Big

flyboy9998

May 27, 2020
Miami
I have yet to hear from any residents have been allowed in. End of March I had friends kept on plane and returned to Canada tho permanent residents. Nobody yet here has said they got in and both flights of mine in May were cancelled. We never know
Maybe only Dominican flight crews were being allowed in and out. Not sure, I'll defer to the guys on the ground in DR for this one

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I doubt anybody will be leaving in early June....... just saying

A bit to go yet !! I fear

And I am itching to get out.... need the US to open to get me in !!
Cdn & RD citizen here

Rumour has it you can cross the border into Haiti during the madrugada, if you are really itching to leave the RD.
You may want to stay, and enjoy your quiet walks along the beach here though.
Just me thinking openly.

flyboy9998

May 27, 2020
Miami
Rumour has it you can cross the border into Haiti during the madrugada, if you are really itching to leave the RD.
You may want to stay, and enjoy your quiet walks along the beach here though.
Just me thinking openly.
If you really need to go and have an extra $15,000 - $20,000 laying around. You can fly private with this company https://www.helidosa.com/en/ from Santo Domingo. I called, they claim they can access the permits to get people in and our of DR. I was told that I would need proof of a negative COVID test within the last 72 hours. If you have the cash, this may be an option

Reactions: Dominican girl

Big

Apr 24, 2019

which half?

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017

Perhaps this should be a sign of enlightenment?

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Nothing wrong with quality of life here and I will be coming back here. Need to go to Denmark for personal reasons. Still hoping around October or November.

If you were allowed to depart now, would Denmark allow you in without a quarantine period?

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
If you really need to go and have an extra $15,000 - $20,000 laying around. You can fly private with this company https://www.helidosa.com/en/ from Santo Domingo. I called, they claim they can access the permits to get people in and our of DR. I was told that I would need proof of a negative COVID test within the last 72 hours. If you have the cash, this may be an option

• Haha
Reactions: NanSanPedro and Big

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
1590617066840.png

Reactions: Clandestino

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
We are “trapped” here and only returning citizens can travel here and I guess Americans can leave on ferry flights. The ferry flights to the US seem to continue.

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
We are “trapped” here and only returning citizens can travel here and I guess Americans can leave on ferry flights. The ferry flights to the US seem to continue.

Hurry up, there is still some more Europe ferries that floats. But they are far apart now.
90CC3A3C-56B4-4357-82E3-43A39CAA1BF4.png

Status
Not open for further replies.