When will DR open for International travel??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
i guess NYC could have make use of some, sending citizens there for better treatment/giving relief to quiet busy hospitals and staff there.
looks like misplanning or planning at the wrong locations?
NYC didn't make use of what they had. They were sent a medical ship with a thousand beds that was hardly used and is now no longer there.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The reality is that until countries relax the quarantine requirements, flights won't be coming any time soon with any regular frequency.

For example, from 8th June, any passenger arriving into the UK other than from Ireland, Channel Islands or Isle of Man, will have to do a mandatory 14 day self quarantine. You register where you will be in self isolation and the police will be doing random checks at your registered address. If you're not there when they show up, it's a £1000 fine.

For those who want two weeks in the sun, it's going to cost them four weeks off.

The new 'work from home' rules will allow this more easily - all over the world

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009

And you are asking me because ?

Listen, I don't pretend to be an expert. All I know is that I am tired of the US news (both sides) making it a binary. It s either all black, all white, that s why I find myself reading news from other countries (present me with the facts I don't need an opinion piece whether I agree with you or not). I am sure that NYC Mayor?Governor and President Trump made mistakes. At the same time, it s not like we are dealing with pandemias every other saturday.

As an example, I have taken hydroxychloroquine as a kid every summer (for preventing malaria) so I take with a grain and salt the loom and doom I read about the medecine. Same with NYC, where people are comparing NYS to florida or California, I just don't see it when you have millions of people daily cramming into the subway in one place. Let s compare what is comparable, that seems more logical. By the way, I agree officials reacted late in NYC given the density of the city.

I don't know if there was a overreaction worldwide and believe that solutions should have been different for different places but, again, how do you react to something which is barely known....I thought it was a Novel virus. One day kids are safe, masks are useless, next day, kids have kawasaki and we need to wear masks.

Most officials took the side of caution based on the information/model they had at the times.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I wouldn't want to have an address in NY or NJ for the next few years. Tax's are going to crush residents even more to pay for all the mismanagement and hand outs. They love taxes in NY and NJ.

Reactions: Clandestino

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Unless you're a police officer, firefighter, restaurant worker,................

...delivery truck driver, healthcare worker, construction worker, farmer or rancher (or someone who works at a food processing facility), factory worker...

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
As a "brainwashed" who apparently watch a lot of fake news :rolleyes:, I gave up arguing with the "informed".

It gives me flashback to 9/11 when people argued with me that the towers didn't fall when I saw them from my own eyes.

Nothing will change their minds, they are the only one with critical thinking and everyone else are just sheeps, so there can't be no discussion with ignorant commoners.

You are wasting your time.

Reason 842,716 why Africaida is one of my favorite posters....

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
As a

NYC is a great example of how not to do things. I wouldn't live in that toilet for all the money in the world. I can't even stand to visit.
i dont like any cities myself, specially not the mega cities,
but that has nothing to do as for giving the people there the same full possible/available help than any other citizen of a country.
if we would like to visit/live there or not, does not matter.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
i dont like any cities myself, specially not the mega cities,
but that has nothing to do as for giving the people there the same full possible/available help than any other citizen of a country.
if we would like to visit/live there or not, does not matter.
That was my point. They had more than enough hospital beds. They also had more than enough ventilators. The healthcare system there didn't lack anything. Go to 1:20 in the video and hear it for yourself directly from the Governor of NY:

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
And you are asking me because ?

Listen, I don't pretend to be an expert. All I know is that I am tired of the US news (both sides) making it a binary. It s either all black, all white, that s why I find myself reading news from other countries (present me with the facts I don't need an opinion piece whether I agree with you or not). I am sure that NYC Mayor?Governor and President Trump made mistakes. At the same time, it s not like we are dealing with pandemias every other saturday.

As an example, I have taken hydroxychloroquine as a kid every summer (for preventing malaria) so I take with a grain and salt the loom and doom I read about the medecine. Same with NYC, where people are comparing NYS to florida or California, I just don't see it when you have millions of people daily cramming into the subway in one place. Let s compare what is comparable, that seems more logical. By the way, I agree officials reacted late in NYC given the density of the city.

I don't know if there was a overreaction worldwide and believe that solutions should have been different for different places but, again, how do you react to something which is barely known....I thought it was a Novel virus. One day kids are safe, masks are useless, next day, kids have kawasaki and we need to wear masks.

Most officials took the side of caution based on the information/model they had at the times.
Absolutely it was a novel virus, that they are still learning about. It seems( to me aways) that there was no solid plan in play for the Federal government ( not Trumps fault nor the president before him as they have experts that are supposed to take care of those details) The special pandemic team must have had a plan A, plan B, and Plan C. The CDC screwed up on the testing, and it was/is a mistake to count on getting anything from China. The mistake that really bites is the one putting positive patients back into old age homes.
I have taken hydroxychloroquine twice for extended periods of time, once while doing famine relief in Ethiopia, and once while in Egypt. No ill effects. Doing the shutdown was right given the information known at the time, just as opening up with cautions and certain restriction is right for many states now,. My province never shut doen very far and thus they have an easier time reopening.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Absolutely it was a novel virus, that they are still learning about. It seems( to me aways) that there was no solid plan in play for the Federal government ( not Trumps fault nor the president before him as they have experts that are supposed to take care of those details) The special pandemic team must have had a plan A, plan B, and Plan C. The CDC screwed up on the testing, and it was/is a mistake to count on getting anything from China. The mistake that really bites is the one putting positive patients back into old age homes.
I have taken hydroxychloroquine twice for extended periods of time, once while doing famine relief in Ethiopia, and once while in Egypt. No ill effects. Doing the shutdown was right given the information known at the time, just as opening up with cautions and certain restriction is right for many states now,. My province never shut doen very far and thus they have an easier time reopening.
anyone who has spent much time living or working in Africa has taken hydroxychloroquine for uncomplicated malaria. Malaria is a great teacher. When everyone in the house has it you learn to cook and/or clean or it doesnt get done.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
anyone who has spent much time living or working in Africa has taken hydroxychloroquine for uncomplicated malaria. Malaria is a great teacher. When everyone in the house has it you learn to cook and/or clean or it doesnt get done.

I grew up in Africa, first Liberia, then Zaire. Malaria was a big deal. I've had it at least twice. We took nivaquine as our weekly prophylactic. And here's the thing about malaria. It's a relatively easy disease to cure, but without the cure, you die.

It still kills over a million people a year, mainly children and poor people. In fact it's killed more than CV19 has in Africa so far.

You don't here that in the news every day.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
What is everyone talking about July 5th??? This link says on June 2nd the borders will open: https://www.godominicanrepublic.com/newsroom/coronavirus/
I have a flight booked for June 5th.
July 5th is the border reopening date the DR government announced as the earliest phase 4 date.
don't search for such info on tourseller sites or alikes.
unless you are a DR Citizen, you will not fly to the DR during June 2020.

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
What is everyone talking about July 5th??? This link says on June 2nd the borders will open: https://www.godominicanrepublic.com/newsroom/coronavirus/
I have a flight booked for June 5th.
What your link says :

Starting on May 20, the Dominican Republic will enter Phase 1 of the de-escalation process, with measures including:
Until June 2, the country’s borders will remain closed by land, sea and air, so all flights to and from Dominican Republic from said date and time will be suspended along with the arrival and departure of all cruises in all ports in the country. As of the date of this release, the official date of reopening of the country’s borders has not been confirmed. All Dominican passengers coming from abroad will be quarantined for two weeks.

Sorry, expect an cancellation on that flight:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.