When will DR open for International travel??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendan Hubley

Dame luz vecino
Apr 30, 2020
Canada / Villa Liberacion
I have to admit i missed this one, fond it just now.
so, aside of the 4 phases,
some things will stay closed til August 24th,
like PLAYAS, Cines etc etc.
my first understanding was, that with phase 4 All would be back open.

You're right, the initial press release did quote the gov as saying at phase 4 it would be "economic normality" - apparently not if you run a disco etc.

Reactions: MikeFisher

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Our colleagues Cdn, 2W and Winded are pulling tarot to predict flight schedules! They have a contest between them like they did on Seinfeld!

Not me Boy....
As usual I have no clue about the current affairs....flat out guess on my part

BUT
I say - no July

as to your cedula comment -

The citizen cedula might fly... prob will

The non-citizen needs the residency companion card.even though you need residency to get a valid cedula
Dom Logic

Usually on entry, the residency card is what noncitizens show

j4yd4wg

May 11, 2020
Sosua
s
I think it said July 5 for airports reopening. Hence your flight will be after that date.

Translated from the government report:

It will be in phase 4, estimated for next July 5, when all companies resume their work with 100% of their staff.

In addition, in this phase tourism will be reactivated, opening hotels and airports, as well as gyms and restaurant dining rooms.

"In this phase we will have resumed economic normality" they assured from the Commission.

Would be nice, but don't believe it... in Colombia for example, they were going to open on May 30th, but the president yesterday just did a huge 90 day extension out to Sept 1st. Didn't this all begin with them telling us 2 weeks? Then a month, then another month, etc, etc... Plus, in my opinion this is not even up to the president, he is doing what PAHO (World Health Org) is telling him to do. I have heard various speeches by various presidents, and the speeches 'from the president to his people' are almost identical word for word... obviously there is a guidebook / agenda playing out here and these leaders are following their instructions like good boys...

Reactions: aarhus
Sep 22, 2009
Not me Boy....

BUT
I say - no July

The non-citizen needs the residency companion card.even though you need residency to get a valid cedula
Dom Logic

That was beautiful

richgelber

Jun 13, 2018
s

Would be nice, but don't believe it... in Colombia for example, they were going to open on May 30th, but the president yesterday just did a huge 90 day extension out to Sept 1st. Didn't this all begin with them telling us 2 weeks? Then a month, then another month, etc, etc... Plus, in my opinion this is not even up to the president, he is doing what PAHO (World Health Org) is telling him to do. I have heard various speeches by various presidents, and the speeches 'from the president to his people' are almost identical word for word... obviously there is a guidebook / agenda playing out here and these leaders are following their instructions like good boys...
as reported today in Bogota News:

The National Health Emergency was also extended to August 31 to guarantee resources for the health sector. Duque made no mention of economic sectors that can resume operations, including airlines and inter-municipal transport. Airports will remain closed until June 30.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
While I have heard them called Ferry flights (they come empty and return with citizens), the correct term is probably repatriation flights. I've heard that people have been able to return to the USA in the last few weeks. I'm trying to learn how as I need to get back there in about two weeks.
Use a site like Travelocity to check for flights. If you absolutely must be back in 2 weeks, you might not have any other option than to fly on JB and change planes in JFK.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
bennymack

If you are a US resident... 2-3 flights weekly
JetBlue seems to be the most reliable

UAL has 2 this weekend to EWR I think.... or was it last weekend ?

Time stands still these days

Reactions: aarhus

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Not me Boy....

BUT
I say - no July

Dom Logic

they said July 5th opening..

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
s

If that is true the DR is not going to be the country going against the internationally coordinated effort as they are protecting their tourist industry especially Punta Cana.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Yes they do - w/o mentioning flights

Hotels open to the general public.... no mention of arriving tourists
It did say the airports would open on July 5th along with reactivating tourism and hotels. What would be the point if they weren't planning on allowing flights to come in with tourists?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
All BS...

the coordinated openings times - 7-8-9am - are singularly for the SD public transportation system

The rest of the country can ignore it -- and does it seems... at least where I am they do

one size fits all ===== doesn't !!!

Reactions: MikeFisher

karmatourer

Nov 15, 2018
exactly, their tickets of the canceled return flights been their "payments"for the ferry flights.
the different involved parties(airline of the canceled flighyt, airline running the ferry flight and the Gov. organizing the ferry flights) arranged that money already paid for a flight which got canceled and to pay the irline running the ferry flight.
so the traveler does not have to pay for a additional ticket.
expats living abroad, well, of course we have no right to a free flight.
everybody who wanna travel has to pay for the airfare/metro/ship passage.
The fare you paid does not necessarily qualify you for a seat on a repatriation flight sponsored by the US government in all cases.In many cases it does not. This is info from last month explaining how wrong you are, yet again, spreading crap here that a few knuckle-draggers or those who aren't aware of you lack of credible sources might believe. https://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article242071361.html
The title of this article is,"
This is why stranded U.S. citizens have to pay so much for repatriation flights
Stop spreading crap here-you of,"thousands of posts".

Status
Not open for further replies.