When will DR open for International travel??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Info re Jet Blue as of one hour ago: I made a new reservation for July and while I was on the phone with the agent and I asked her to check the question of border opening etc. No, they have no news re opening Border. She said "their government keeps changing their mind' LOL" and in fact we haven't cancelled out June yet just in case. '" I cancelled my June. She said they had a good deal of passenger for June (I guess they don't read DR1) and Jet blue has not sent them a cancellation. Good luck to those people. Thats all I know.

DonDimi

Nov 28, 2016
How about SDQ??
base on my google flights search looks like SDQ will be operational more or less same time as PUJ or a bit earlier (last week of JUNE) see this itinerary below is available to book now.

Departure Fri, 26 Jun

Select flight
$440
14:48
AILA-JFPG SDQ
Travel time: 2 h 33 m
16:21
PTY PTY
COPA AIRLINE

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
What I couldn't understand (JFK-SQD) Jetblue had more options for flights than I seem to remember them having before. I don't get it.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Not specific to DR, but sobering

Sobering but... their citing and photographs of packed seats side by side is totally false. It is not even close to reality today. So if they think "normal" is going back to THAT...forget it, then the article makes no sense. IMHO the article is bait and click.

Reactions: Caonabo

Goldenruler

Jan 4, 2018
base on my google flights search looks like SDQ will be operational more or less same time as PUJ or a bit earlier (last week of JUNE) see this itinerary below is available to book now.

Departure Fri, 26 Jun

Select flight
$440
14:48
AILA-JFPG SDQ
Travel time: 2 h 33 m
16:21
PTY PTY
COPA AIRLINE
We have flights booked on American Airlines for June 6th. I just spoke to one of their reps & she says it's still scheduled to fly. However, based on the fact that airports supposedly won't be open til July 1, I'm highly doubtful this will go. worse part is, we probably won't know until a day or two ahead & of course it's hard buying food not knowing if you're staying 2 weeks or 6 weeks. I can pack pretty fast.

Reactions: mitsu man

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I would imagine due to the small size of POP or AZS (Samana) and because they only service mostly seasonal flights ,will remain closed till the winter season schedule begins.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
We have flights booked on American Airlines for June 6th. I just spoke to one of their reps & she says it's still scheduled to fly. However, based on the fact that airports supposedly won't be open til July 1, I'm highly doubtful this will go. worse part is, we probably won't know until a day or two ahead & of course it's hard buying food not knowing if you're staying 2 weeks or 6 weeks. I can pack pretty fast.
What are the odds the airport is open before the government's schedule says it can open?

Some airports, Puerto Plata and Samana, are being said to reopen next year in news I just posted.

singletravel

Oct 13, 2003
does anyone know if the Hilton Hampton Inn at sdq airport is open or not??? They are taking reservations on-like but no-one answers the phone??? When I called I was taking to someone inn India and said sure, can I make the reservation??

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
does anyone know if the Hilton Hampton Inn at sdq airport is open or not??? They are taking reservations on-like but no-one answers the phone??? When I called I was taking to someone inn India and said sure, can I make the reservation??
Yikes. You need to understand a "reservation" can only be used if you arrive at a destination and that place is ready, willing and able to fulfill their obligation. I just can't be clearer than that.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
ETA. Would you even stay at a place that "no one answers the phone". lol. The only lodging spot that does that was Motel 6 that said " we'll keep the light on for you but we're going to sleep. "

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!
Yikes. You need to understand a "reservation" can only be used if you arrive at a destination and that place is ready, willing and able to fulfill their obligation. I just can't be clearer than that.
I'm sure singletravel understands the reservation process. If you don't know the answer just don't respond

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I would assume they are open as I went to their website and they were ready to give me a room for tonite.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Coming from a guy telling someone how to understand the reservation process on an expat forum. Go stand in the corner.
Going around the board starting fights with all the board members you can, classy!!

richgelber

Jun 13, 2018
they are open 809-375-4000

Status
Not open for further replies.