When will DR open for International travel??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Now, I subtracted one point from your likeness count. How about that!

He he

Faster than my own shade

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
What about those fabulous masks I have read about, thay got you covered, or not. Hmm
I don’t mind the mask and I think it helps a bit or at least helps us keep aware. Not the gloves. Better to wash hands frequently. Not sure about the panties lol

• Haha
Reactions: Caonabo

Goldenruler

Jan 4, 2018
Almost all Canadians get travel insurance & some US citizens do. I'm US & depending on where I'm going, I usually do also

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
The more experienced travelers probably don’t bother with travel insurance but my guess is that the majority of tourists do and when they are made clear they can’t get it because its not safe yet regarding Covid 19 or something else I am sure they think twice about going.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
The more experienced travelers probably don’t bother with travel insurance but my guess is that the majority of tourists do and when they are made clear they can’t get it because its not safe yet regarding Covid 19 or something else I am sure they think twice about going.

How did you arrive at this conclusion?

You claim that experienced foreign travellers to USA or EU just to mention two regions, do so without travel insurance.
They plan to pay for medical emergencies out of their pocket, because they rarely happen?
Your comment seems less than intelligent.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009

You claim that experienced foreign travellers to USA or EU just to mention two regions, do so without travel insurance.
They plan to pay for medical emergencies out of their pocket, because they rarely happen?

His comments make perfect sense to me. I am among the 94% who don't purchase travel insurance. A) My cc covers me for as much as many insurances do b) I don't plan for medical emergencies because I have never had any whether at home or abroad & my health insurance covers me abroad

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
PAHO asks Latin American Countries not to reopen too quickly

WASHINGTON.- The Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) warned Latin American countries on Tuesday "not to open too quickly" and thus put an end to the containment measures, as this could end the advantage obtained over COVID-19 in the last two months.
"We must be careful. Don't open too fast, or risk a resurgence in COVID-19 that could erase the advantage you've gained in recent months. Consider a geographic approach to blocking and opening based on broadcasting in specific local settings, ”said PAHO Director Carissa Etienne in a press conference call.
Etienee expressed herself like this after being concerned about the growing number of infections reported right now in Latin America, since the number of new cases accounted for in the region during the past week accounted for more than a third of the total increase in infections worldwide.

“Just last week there were 732,000 new cases worldwide, and of these, more than 250,000 new cases occurred in Latin American countries. It is a serious concern that should serve as a wake-up call to redouble our efforts, ”said the director of PAHO.
And, according to the organization, in America there are already 2.9 million cases - most of them in the US - almost half a million more than those reported last week, when PAHO will declare the continent as the epicenter of the pandemic.
For all these reasons, Etienne advised Latin American leaders to "think twice before lifting the measures of social distancing."
Likewise, Marcos Espinal, director of the organization's Communicable Diseases Department, spoke about the possible consequences of the protests that have occurred since last week in countries such as Brazil and the United States, of which he said they are likely to "contribute to spreading the virus." .
“PAHO recommends that all countries avoid mass meetings because it is well demonstrated that they will contribute to spreading the virus. Especially in countries like Brazil, where the number of cases is increasing, "he replied when asked about the matter.
In fact, Espinal declared himself very concerned about the “delicate” situation in Brazil, where he assured that the growth of cases and deaths in recent weeks converges with the lack of hospital beds.
In addition, this doctor noted that the country "has not yet done sufficient tests" of COVID-19.

computer translated from: https://almomento.net/ops-pide-a-paises-latinoamericanos-que-no-abran-demasiado-rapido/

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008

Several on here say they don’t use it. I would think most travelers do. I myself regarding health insurance have a local DR insurance with an added international part for travel but thinking of switching just to local only as I hardly travel outside DR anymore. Apart from that not sure what you fishing after.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
I have been trying to find out myself. My private insurer has not been able to answer me. They did say they are looking into it. I just heard from the travel insurance company they will not cover me for Covid.
I never buy separate travel i

I agree John. I never purchase travel insurance for several reasons. It's hard to file a claim and it takes forever to get your money back. My credit card covers trip interruption, lost luggage, etc. if I use the card to purchase a flight or vacation package. You would be surprised at the number of people who automatically click on the travel insurance package button on travel websites without checking the benefits of their credit cards. I hedge my bets by ensuring I have a good locally purchased annual medical plan which includes a travel option and medivac provisions. Some of the travel insurance plans you opt for on travel sites have limited provisions.

Reactions: ramesses

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Victim...jesus. I want to visit my family. I am trying to find a way to do it safely and without putting myself at risk of bankruptcy if I do get sick. I ask a few questions and people make fun of me. It is typical here by a select few. Whatever, I am getting my answers elsewhere.
I agree with you. I have never understood why some people are so unnecessarily aggressive on this site when they probably wouldn't be like that in the flesh. I think that for some, their real personality comes out when they feel safe behind their computer screen.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
I agree with you. I have never understood why some people are so unnecessarily aggressive on this site when they probably wouldn't be like that in the flesh. I think that for some, their real personality comes out when they feel safe behind their computer screen.

I feel you. I am getting answers from another source. I tend to forget some here do not want to help.

Reactions: csteinwand

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
Frank Rainieri just posted that tourism will not open in July as he had previously mentioned.

He said it may open in December. It's on FB, Insta or Twitter if somebody can post it.

brickwasher

May 11, 2020
Juan Dolio
Victim...jesus. I want to visit my family. I am trying to find a way to do it safely and without putting myself at risk of bankruptcy if I do get sick. I ask a few questions and people make fun of me. It is typical here by a select few. Whatever, I am getting my answers elsewhere.
I am a legal resident of the Dominican but also a US citizen. I can empathize with your desire to travel to see your family. I had to return to the United States at the end of April to complete some construction work that I’ve been putting off during the virus scare. I had hopeD to return in two weeks but my flights kept getting canceled because the borders are not open to residents, only to Citizens of the Dominican. Please forgive those people on this thread who don’t always say or act appropriately. Just ignore them. I am also trying to return to the Dominican because I left some of my dearest friends and family there and I knew when I left that I might be locked out of the country for a longer period of time. I use a good credit card to purchase my flights to the Dominican republic. I always check the details on the credit cards I use to see what kind of coverage they might have in case of an emergency down there. But I also have purchased an insurance policy in the Dominican republic to help cover me in case of any problems. If you were going for long-term stay I would recommend you shop for a decent policy down there since they are pretty cheap and they do have some good hospitals in different areas. But if it’s only for a short stay, then research the credit card you would use to purchase your flight and see which ones offer you the best coverage for emergency cases. I would recommend to check if the card also covers you for any emergency Evac back to the US in case of some traumatic illness

Status
Not open for further replies.