When You Marry A Dominican, Are You Expected To Help Their Family Financially?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
miguel said:
Drummer(haha), I really do not know if you are kidding or not BUT:

You do not know how RIGHT you are, in MANY cases. Basicly the same thing that AZB says over and over. So true!.

I know Chuck, but I know his Novias even better!.

Don't worry, I always kick it back!

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Tamborista said:
Chuckles:

'Just to keep you in the loop, it's my PAYPAL account that you are sending money to when they call you from MY cell phone to ask for money for their brother that just blew out his Dominican Fidelity account Day Trading!

Gracias hermano!

(Just keeping them warm while you are stateside)

Not only are you ripping me off by splitting 60/40 with my novias on the Western Union money I send, your tip to buy Dominican sugar futures because the cane will be used to produce ethanol is not working out either. Oh and the tip on CUP also sucked, copper dropped its load.

Chuckuindy

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Chuck:

Can we go 55:45, after all her father is Sr Vice Presidente of Central Romana?
I will teach you how to Hedge the ethanol vs. Crude crack Spread my brother.
This way we can keep it in The Family.

best,

tambo

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Si!!

Chirimoya said:
It is a dilemma - on the one hand there is the 'if we can afford it, why not?' side of things, but then you have the likelihood that by giving money you are encouraging parasitism.
You are 100% right about encouraging parasitism!.

SOME of the people being helped, in many cases, do not want to find a job and their lives become of significance when they get "that" money. SOME get so used to the idea of being helped that they start to believe that it's the helper duty to help them.

I know of such parasite in Los Molinos, Villa Duarte. This guy is about 25, his parents are in the US so he lives in his parent's home, rent free. A normal day for this parasite is to wake up at around 2pm, hang out with the neighbor's tigueres until 2-3am and then go to sleep. No job, no aspirations, bedding girls all over the place (since they think that he has money since he is being supported), never has money to help his kids, but always has money to drink and party all the time.

This guy is such a prick that he says that he would never leave the DR, "why, if I live like a millionaire without having to work". When some things needs to be fixed in the house, he calls his parent to send him the money. He is in heaven. Being a "mantenido" makes him feel like a true man, I guess.

Btw, this price, the few times when they could not sent him the money, he ended up selling some house items and then told his parents that the house was robbed. Now, these poor people not only had to send him "his" money, but also had to replace the "robbed" items.

EVERYBODY in the neighborhood knows when he gets "his" money. The "ear to ear" smile is always present at that time of the month. The girls and the alcohol make their presence when he gets "his" money.

There are a whole bunch of people like him.

SOME of these helpers, SOMETIMES, do not even know how their money is being spent. SOME have no clue whatsoever.

So, if SOME of guy guys think that ALL your money is well-spent, guess again. It may go to things that you know nothing about!.

And if you happen to be sending money to your honey, make sure that AZB, and the like, do not live in her town!!. LOL.

Last edited: