Where has all the fun and laughter gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Disclaimer!!!

For all those out there who just don't get me,
and for the benefit of my friends of the British persuasion,
and for anyone else without a god-given sense of humor;

I was just KIDDING about Anna. She really is a nice person, and wouldn't be caught dead in a cabana with me, and has never deleted any line of mine, funny or otherwise, without a valid explanation.

It was a JOKE, and a satirical, witty, ironic, subtle, nuanced, and admittedly dry, New England joke at that. I apologize for any confusion it might have caused.

Ok that is it, if you are going to deny everything that is the late time I'm paying for a cabana! :laugh:

There is fun to be had but like Robert said there's a time and place for it. When a new thread is started and the first person that answers makes a joke, it sends the thread into a downhill direction and leaves the OP fustrated and with no answer. It might be fun to the 10 people that participated in taking it out of control but it sure was no fun for the poster that needed some real answers.

Once a thread has had a number of good answers and depending what forum it is then a little mild fun can be had as long as it's attacking the OP.

I don't know why this is so hard to understand.:paranoid:

Lambada thanks for the new phrase/saying ;)

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Once a thread has had a number of good answers and depending what forum it is then a little mild fun can be had as long as it's attacking the OP.

I don't know why this is so hard to understand.:paranoid:

Err...........maybe because most of us think that attacking the OP isn't allowed? :cheeky:

I think the board has to be information first entertainment second because what some people find screamingly funny leaves others cold. Unless of course one has the knack of making the information amusing.

There can however be a problem when someone posts what the majority of people here think is an idiotic question and therefore respond with a joke. All I would say is that the poster doesn't think it's idiotic so it's probably best to not make ourselves responsible for their delusions by trying to talk them out of them................;) Nor to attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Oh crap, all this fun has worn me out. I left out the word NOT ;)

as long as it's NOT attacking the OP.

I can't believe I did that!

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Robert edited:

If you have issues with moderators, PM or email me. Moaning on the board wins you no friends. Better still, instead of complaining, step up.

If you have issues with the way DR1 is run, go find another site, nobody is forcing you to read DR1, read the posts etc.

If you have gripes and moans, PM or email me, then you will avoid your posts getting edited and responses like this :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I by no means wish to underestimate or minimise the invaluable contribution of good information, fun and laughter made by Rocky and other recent 'retirees' over the years, but in turn, I wish people here would stop undermining the equally valuable contribution of wit and wisdom made by many existing active and occasional posters.

Without naming names, these posters are still posting on DR1, many of them on this very thread.

Oh, and before this deteriorates into more attacks like the one I just deleted, thread closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.