where to get a proper fridge?

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
As a rule you open the fridge more often than the freezer. Why bend over 10 times a day to get something out of the fridge especially veggies from the bottom shelf and once a day to get something from the freezer. Hello. LOL This is SO funny.

That's what I thought and i had to go through this whole thread to find out.

They have a nice stainless one here in Sosua and i will take that one

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
after many pains we finally got the fridge i wanted!

(in the meantime it turned out old fridge was badly connected to the inversor and blackouts killed it completely. they almost killed me too - eating the food that was constantly getting defrosted gave me bunch of bacterias and knocked me down for few days)

anyways, fridge, it's AMANA, brand new and we paid 40k pesos. i am happy.

thank you to everyone who gave us advice, miesposo went to check out numerous stores :bunny:
I happened to be reading some reviews about a washing machine that I bought, and the subject of Amana products came up.
Most seemed to agree that Amana is the new Rolls Royce of appliances.
I know nothing about it myself, but when you get several unsolicited remarks in a review forum, that all say the same thing, one would tend to lend it a lot of credence, so congrats on the purchase.
It appears that you won't regret it.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
like this? :cheeky::bunny::bunny:
elec_fridge_botmnt_EBM4300SB.jpg

no, unfortunately I do not know where to get one in the DR :D
Is the picture upside down? Weird position for the handles.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
after many pains we finally got the fridge i wanted!

(in the meantime it turned out old fridge was badly connected to the inversor and blackouts killed it completely. they almost killed me too - eating the food that was constantly getting defrosted gave me bunch of bacterias and knocked me down for few days)

anyways, fridge, it's AMANA, brand new and we paid 40k pesos. i am happy.

thank you to everyone who gave us advice, miesposo went to check out numerous stores :bunny:

Where did you buy it and what size is it and what is the energy consumption?
I understand this is a refrigerator with the freezer on the bottom?

J

joerusso

good thing about electricity issues is that a fridge will have plenty of time to rest before i can plug it in... :)
and yes, for me it's all about convenience. shame thou that electric appliances are so pricey here and comparatively so cheap in poland...

Look in the paper... I bought a side by side double door for 13,000 peso's--works great!!! freezer to the left of me, fridge to the right of me, my food?? always right in front of me. life is good!!!
they always have great deals in the paper, just keep looking.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
my food?? always right in front of me. life is good!!!

that was my point exactly! :bunny:
mind you, my fridge is brand new, it even has water filter and ice maker (no use for this fancy stuff until our house is built and we have water filters for our cistern). i think 40k pesos was a fair price, shop owner wanted more but he softened up when we paid cash :cheeky: new double door fridge would be more expensive than that.

dolores: size - height, more than me ;) - about 67 inches and 36 inches wide (much bigger that me, i may add ;)), energy consumption - 435 of something. watts? a year? i only remember the number from the big yellow sticker...

we bought it from a small shop in manolo tavarez justo, it was the only proper fridge there, all the rest so tiny... and yes, fridge up, freezer (drawer) down. a fancy stuff is that it has a special closed compartment in the door for drinks only. the compartment has a connection with the freezer so the drinks will be extra cold when the rest of the fridge has separate temperature setting.

next stop is a microwave, WITHOUT a plate inside (yes, i am fussy when it comes to home appliances).