Where's the originality?

Blueceo

Nov 1, 2015
Hi Melphis,
The Hard Rock moved to the Blue Mall and it's an absolutely beautiful place. I think the food is very good and well priced for the quality. Also, there is very good entertainment and concerts at times. All in all a very nice place which I highly recommend.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
with all this knowledge how many ran successful businesses themselves?

i'm pretty sure most of the dr1ers do not work and they do not need to. those who do work are pretty good at what they do, from what i read.

popeye

Bronze
Jan 22, 2016
just curious. just trying to gauge the experience or just opinion. not asking if they need to work or not. I do not need to work but I run three businesses here. just sayin.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
with all this knowledge how many ran successful businesses themselves?

i don?t think you have to have run a successful business to be able to recognize dumb ideas. when i see all these maizena stands all the way up the Jarabacoa hill, i don?t need to be Bill Gates to figure out that is some dumb shyte right there.

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
maybe NALs can make it a poll.

Pat e pallo bought the ex Hard rock Cafe building [Which when i came here was bank Of America ] Pat e pallo is using the money's stollen with Maribels help from the funds given for the Refurbash of the Colonial Zone. Those two Maribel and Pat e Pallo owner should be in jail not expanding upon their fortunes illbegotten from the Z.C.

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
The beautiful Hotel francais is destroyed and their is no money to finish rebuilding it. Pat e Pallo and Maribel have the Money. No one does a thing about it you will see more from the 2 thieves in the future . When you get away with one robbery why not do another. Maribel and pat e pallo are after the beaches now!

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
Update on the new restaurant. It is done and is beautiful inside. They are just taking reservations now, but in a week it will open for walk-ins.

I was able to meet the owner and he informed me that the menu will still have the Conuco standards but with a twist. As he puts it, we are still Dominican, but we are a generation that has traveled outside of RD. So I guess Dominican with an international flavor.

One aspect I found to be interesting is that the main dinning area looks like a garden. The owners said yes, they will grow vegetables there, so if you want a salad you can pick the vegetables off the plants. Uhmmmm. We will see if that really happens.

I wish them all the best. Oh I forgot to mention, a three story water fall.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Yes I was at the Conuco last night (one of the only places that has Flange de Coco) and the manger said the end of this month.

When I was at the other restaurant, I remembered one of the bartenders from the Hard Rock, so I asked is it the same owners. He replied yes, an association owns the Hard Rock and the new place. Once again beautiful inside and I can only imagine the cost of putting it together. Who knows maybe they will have some top of the line entertainment.

Spinning on a bottle? :laugh:

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
On the bright side: it's easy for the suppliers, all customers in the same street.

i was walking down a famous street and the girls on it were all dressed differently...selling the same thing butt different pkging....how do u figure

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
If you want to get rich in the DR open a copy shop near UASD* in Santo Domingo. :p

*Universidad Autonoma Santo Domingo

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The "old",..."El Conuco" was more of a tourist trap than anything else.
I imagine the new location is to make it more convenient for tourists to find it.
Now you can tell me that "Dominicans" like it.
Why bother my "Suegra" makes better traditional, "Platos del Dia" here every day.

Ay Mami Que Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiico"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC