Which Area ?!!

macocael

Bronze
Aug 3, 2004
www.darkhorseimages.com
In that case I stand corrected, but I still say there is something fishy here. In the original thread Hillbilly mentioned UNIBE and UTESA and the OP didnt contradict him. Moreover, the fact that the OP cannot remember a simple dialogue in which she repeatedly mentioned Centro de los H?roes and talked about residential possibilities there, when the thread is a mere two days old leads me to believe that this "student" can hardly be taken seriously. If this is the intellectual calibre of the students accepted at UCE there is no wonder that I have never heard of the place. Jesus wept!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Classes at the medical school in San Pedro are all in spanish so it is a must to learn the language first.
New students must begin school early to take language classes before the start of regular classes to get them up to speed.
My son investigated going to med school there about 12 yrs ago and was treated to an introduction to the school by Dr. Almonte who was a deputado at the time.

macocael

Bronze
Aug 3, 2004
www.darkhorseimages.com
Yes, I checked the site, they exist, they do in fact keep a mailing address in Centro de los H?roes, probably in order to be close to the administrative offices and process paperwork more easily, and the school is accredited so one can take the US federal tests and then whatever state tests are required thereafter.

It could be that "Elly" is just confused, but her weak grasp of the situation, her loopy posts and her lack of hard information make me wonder about her.

So MommC why did your son choose not to attend there?

elly

Apr 18, 2006
Well, I have thanked everyone here for their help. I don't really see a reason why I should lie to ppl that I don't even know. You ppl that I don't even know have been helping me so why are you making a big deal out of my confusion. Yes as I have said before I don't speak Spanish not even one word so I mixed up the names of the cities. I'm not lame nor a lazy student. I have my B.A from UCLA in Sociology and have gone to a yr of pharmacy school but couldn't afford it and dropped out. My best friend who now is a physician and practices in L.A told me about UCE and it sounded perfect. He also didn't speak any Spanish in the beginning but after 2 yrs he even got married with someone who her first and only language was Spanish. With all theses said, I will thank you again and I'm sorry for the confusion. NOW, if u think u'r wasting ur time don't ever read my posts anymore and forget about answering my q's. But if u believe me and want to help me please reply to my posts again. THANK YOU

elly

Apr 18, 2006
and by the way, I don't know about u guys, But I'm not here to proove myself. I know who I am and I know where I stand in life. I just started researching so I really don't know how u guys are naming and labling me based on my confusion. DR is a new world to me. I want everyone here to know this. Ask me anything about California or Hawaii, and I will be on top of the q. But about DR AGAIN I'm collecting info.

macocael

Bronze
Aug 3, 2004
www.darkhorseimages.com
Dont worry Elly no one is asking you to prove yourself, nor do we care. This is a very loopy place, believe me, so one's radar is primed for irrational or inconsistent behavior. It has to be that way if one is to survive here. Moreover, with all the gringos and gringas coming down here for sex and sun, we tend to question motives perhaps more than is warranted. You have to admit that it is a bit odd in a young student, headed for medical school no less where good memory and sharp thinking are de rigueur, that she should not be able to remember simple details from posts she made all within the space of a couple days. And then to deny it all as you did: "Hummm, I don't remeber ever saying anything about Centro de los H?roes. maybe you're confusing me w/ someone else. " Naturally my radar is pinging like mad. And i am not the only member here who has noted the lack of consistency and logic in your statements.

If you want help, we are here to give it, but try to be as clear and rational as you would be were you already in school and discussing medical matters with your profs. You will get more respect and better answers.